• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the white jersey in the giro? (2013)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the white jersey in the giro? (2013)

• Carlos Betancur

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad Majka isn't just sucking wheels trying to hang on as far as he can; it's amazing that he tries for a stage win and have an active posture in the race to try to improve his GC.
Anyway, heart says Majka and mind says Carlos. It will be well deserved either way, both have been riding an amazing race so far.
Honourable mention to Kelderman.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I expect Majka will be riding on his wheel and watching every move Betancur makes tomorrow. He won't go down without giving him a hell of a fight.

That being said, Betancur will fly in the next couple stages. I hope he can win one of the stages. He'll surly be his usual attacking self and not relent until his legs fall off.

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
At best (very unlikely) he could have the same role Sastre had when Basso was still on the team.

IMO he semms to be a worker. Not a leader.

Well that wouldn't be the worst scenario in the world for him, seeing as Sastre had his fair chances to go for podium in GTs before winning in 2008.

But with the stage already cancelled and tomorrow might also be cancelled, he looks on course to win the white jersey with 2 seconds. The might even end up in the break in the final day. He wont get a stage win though, even if thats what he was hoping for.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
At best (very unlikely) he could have the same role Sastre had when Basso was still on the team.

IMO he semms to be a worker. Not a leader.

Well you must be a moron if you think Carlos Sastra wasn't a leader. in the years 2005 - 08 Sastre was 21, 3, 4, 1 in the TFD and 2, 4, 2 and 3 in the Vuelta.

Then I just want to know who is a leader and who was at the age of 23

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Majka loves the cold clearly like his polish friend at Lampre. If it was hot he would have no chance. He is 1 hardman though thats for sure.

TANK91 said:
Majka loves the cold clearly like his polish friend at Lampre. If it was hot he would have no chance. He is 1 hardman though thats for sure.

He himself stated the opposite in danish interviews. Also his worst day was the day with very bad weather.

Also Majka is not a domestique type of rider and should have a great career as a leader, but most riders will seem like domestique-types if they are compared with Betancur

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
MADRAZO said:
He himself stated the opposite in danish interviews. Also his worst day was the day with very bad weather.

Also Majka is not a domestique type of rider and should have a great career as a leader, but most riders will seem like domestique-types if they are compared with Betancur

I just assumed he was really liking this weather as Niemec as never shown this well in a GT so i put 2 and 2 together, i though Majka underperformed on the stage that Uran won? It was hot i think i maybe wrong.

oh man, i think betancur had a good chance at todays stage...if he didnt had those two mechanicals i think he would have followed niballi and probably would have got the stage....awesome performance from him today!

gmedina said:
oh man, i think betancur had a good chance at todays stage...if he didnt had those two mechanicals i think he would have followed niballi and probably would have got the stage....awesome performance from him today!

agree, Betancur was the strongest rider certainly when compared to the other youngsters.

Enjoyed the battle however, worthy competition this time around.