• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the World 2013 ITT Championships?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the World ITT Champs?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 2, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
For who, for Canc?

Right now?

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/world-championships/elite-men-individual-time-trial/winner

These could change of course when others look at them I suppose, but right now, decimal odds hes 9 (or 8/1) on 2 bookies, as well as on Paddy Power, and then 8 (7/1) on 3 others, + to others have him at 8.5.

Right, sorry. Somehow my google search had defaulted me to the top 3 places odds on odds checker :eek:

Anyway, I suspect the odds are based on Fabian being out performed by Wiggins & Martin this year/last year on flat itts.

thrawn said:
Right, sorry. Somehow my google search had defaulted me to the top 3 places odds on odds checker :eek:

Anyway, I suspect the odds are based on Fabian being out performed by Wiggins & Martin this year/last year on flat itts.

Yep.

Which was exactly my point about people forgetting what Canc was like during his tt domination. a few months is a long time in sport never mind a couple of years.

And hence my point that if Cancellara hasnt been focusing so much on the tts in recent years (main aim last 3 seasons was spring classics and then 2012 olympics as well) and he is focusing on the worlds this year, he will be so much better than he has been in the average tts last 2 years and thus surprise.

Especially since Cancellara is the type of rider who raises his game so much more when a race is on his radar.

manafana said:
really hoping we see someone outside top 2 put in a ride like Phinney did last year keep it interesting.
Doubt it. It's very hard to see the podium being anything other than Martin, Wiggins and Cancellara, only the order will vary.

4 - 6 should be interesting though, Phinney, Porte, Chavanel, Pinotti, Malori, Dowsett, Grabsch and De Ghendt are all top 6 chances. LL Sanchez to spend a long time in the hot seat (Why is he in the first wave?).

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
1. Igor Decraene BEL 26:56
2. Mathias Krigbaum DEN 27:05
3. Zeke Mostov USA 27:17
4. Joshua Stritzinger GER 27:20
5. Matthew Gibson GBR 27.26
6. Ole Forfang NOR 27:41
7. Corentin Ermenault FRA 27:41
8. Dimitriy Rive KAZ 27:43
9. Nikolay Cherkassov RUS 27:46
10. Michael Dessau USA 27:49

I TT'd against Mostov a few times this summer. He a junior, I am not. Him and 2 other Garmin kids were amazing. Kinda ****es me off when they show up, 3 for 3 outside of the top 5 because of them. LOL. Outstanding kids, outstanding TT riders.

burning said:
Langvad might win whole thing :eek:

Good looking too :cool:- Katie from Lulemon too.

Congrats to Van Dijk.

For tonight i don't know who will win, I voted for Martin but... Cancellara looks strong, Phinney should be good and Wiggins if he has good form can win- though he will be hurt by lack of recon, not opening the legs, the length, transfer and Tony Martin's huge gear.

Outsiders for the podium will be Chavanel, Kiri, Porte/ Dennis, Malori, Dowsett, Pinotti...

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
jamesmasters said:
The stronger argument would surely be that with one exception Wiggins hasn't been beaten in an ITT since 2011*, including a number of wins over Martin and now seems to be in form. The one exception was at the Giro where he handicapped himself with his tentative riding, and he still finished second.

It's not a guaranteed Wiggins win but there is no rational basis at all for saying that Martin is definitely going to win easily, as several on here seem to be saying.

*I think.

And Martin wins easily. Way to get a post wrong. :)

Just goes to show how exceptional Froome's performance was in the Tour to get so close to Tony in the ITT and then drop someone like Quintana on Ventoux.

The panzerwagon blitzed it. But i noticed that he was at a lower cadence than Spartacus or the Knight. I think those who push a higher cadence are better off in the GTs but for one day & one week races those who are pushing a bigger gear win like Weening winning the Poland Tour by pushing a big gear in the TT.