• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who Will Win Tirreno Adriatico?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who Will Win Tirreno Adriatico?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
On paper his team is alright, but in reality his team is in terribe form. At least, that's what you can conclude with their results in the preparation races. Nibali is the only one who I've seen getting a result. He should be happy if he podiums this race, Rodriguez, Contador, Froome, Evans, they were all better in Oman. He should count on a surprise attack, or just a miracle.

He was a little litle bit weaker. So I admit Nibali is able to put extra effort and win because realistically he can win Tirreno, unlike Giro or Tour.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Most likely Froome will want to make a mark here in an early season showndown with Contador, Nibali, Evans and even the unmetioned oldster Horner might hold on to a top five given a pre Milan-San Remo TTT team like last and some early time gains. Looking like a better field this year. Froome vs. Contador likely, both of them above the rest.

I think that Froome did a lot of hard training to make an impact in the early season and put a lot of doubts in the head of the other Gt rides. Like an early goal!

It is possible that he will win TA, but because he will be at 90-100% and the other guys will be, as it need to be, at 70-80%.

So in July all will be ok.

But I know.. there will be a day when a new king will surge. But it will not be today. AC will be the king for, at least, more 3 years.

I hope he will retire before other ride take his place.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
premature excuse for a possible defeat? Alright... :p Alberto fans dislike Lance fans, but when I see reasonings of both I realise it is the guys with the same vision — vision of global surreal superiority. It cracks me...

LaFlorecita said:
Yes I hope they do some hard training in Corsica, hopefully we will also find out who will ride TA, I'm hoping for Manuele, Bennati and Mickey Rogy for the team tt
Manuele is confirmed :) Feltet.dk (danish)

Næste mål for italieneren Boaro bliver: ”Tirreno-Adriatico og derefter Milano-Sanremo. Det bliver godt at køre i Italien. Jeg elsker at køre der.”

The next goal for him is to ride T-A and M-SR.

PS:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFqmz5NS1bM :)

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Benatti and Rogers are almost certain as well, seeing as none of them are on the confrimed list for 3 days at Panne or Paris-Nice. Other riders seem to include Hernandez, CAS, Tosatto and Paulinho/Petrov

notrolfsorensen said:
Benatti and Rogers are almost certain as well, seeing as none of them are on the confrimed list for 3 days at Panne or Paris-Nice. Other riders seem to include Hernandez, CAS, Tosatto and Paulinho/Petrov

offopic... excuse.. but

I would like to know how the things are btw Roche and Benatti @ saxo... did you remember?!

"Roche found himself outside the Liquigas team bus, waiting for Bennati. In front of the assembled media, Roche grabbed him by the throat, told him to show some respect, and if he didn’t understand that the priority was the yellow jersey on Roche’s team, then he didn’t understand cycling; the message being, don’t mess with Roche."

virandociclista said:
offopic... excuse.. but

I would like to know how the things are btw Roche and Benatti @ saxo... did you remember?!

"Roche found himself outside the Liquigas team bus, waiting for Bennati. In front of the assembled media, Roche grabbed him by the throat, told him to show some respect, and if he didn’t understand that the priority was the yellow jersey on Roche’s team, then he didn’t understand cycling; the message being, don’t mess with Roche."

off season training camp would have sorted that. No problem.

airstream said:
Support one of two is my prerogative. You dislike the way I'm doing this? That's weird since you make some praises and deifications in a far more severe manner. ;) Say, the fact that Contador allegedly sacrificed the Mont Ventoux stage win for Armstrong... it was too much

Don't forget that Froome was riding in a level playing field in the 11 Vuelta in the third week. And he showed himself as a brilliant climber. A magnificent one.

I'd swear that you didn't start following the sport until you appeared on this forum based on some of your posts. The bolded part above I must be misunderstanding what your meaning/intent might be. Certainly you don't think Contador was at his limit while riding up Ventoux?:eek:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Angliru said:
I'd swear that you didn't start following the sport until you appeared on this forum based on some of your posts. The bolded part above I must be misunderstanding what your meaning/intent might be. Certainly you don't think Contador was at his limit while riding up Ventoux?:eek:

Don't you test him ;)

airstream said:
premature excuse for a possible defeat? Alright... :p Alberto fans dislike Lance fans, but when I see reasonings of both I realise it is the guys with the same vision — vision of global surreal superiority. It cracks me...

Sorta' like you saying that Froome wasn't ready to be competitive with Contador in Oman, setting yourself up to look good in case your guy failed where normally you're in full-on support mode. It's a win-win isn't it? If you're wrong your guy still wins and if you're right you look good and you have an excuse for your guy losing. You finally caught on to the game!;)

virandociclista said:
offopic... excuse.. but

Wow!!! :eek: When did all this occur? Do you have a link to this?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:

None of 5-6 main guys were on their limit on the Ventoux. Armstrong was dancing on the pedals quite freshly. Armstrong looked better than Frank, So Contador sacrificed a POSSIBILITY of stage win. More precisely Contador and Andy did it.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
None of 5-6 main guys were on their limit on the Ventoux. Armstrong was dancing on the pedals quite freshly. Armstrong looked better than Frank, So Contador sacrificed a POSSIBILITY of stage win. More precisely Contador and Andy did it.

You do realise that everyone dropped besides AS, Contador and Armstong. You're not really good at counting :D

So you admitting it after all. Well yeah andy aswell although i think Contador would have tried at least to get away from him.

And he always succeeded to do that in that tour but for whatever airstream reason you prob think that's not the case, right?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
You do realise that everyone dropped besides AS, Contador and Armstong. You're not really good at counting :D

So you admitting it after all. Well yeah andy aswell although i think Contador would have tried at least to get away from him.

And he always succeeded to do that in that tour but for whatever airstream reason you prob think that's not the case, right?

It is irrelevant, because the ascent was tactical and very slow. The final podium was already known from 8k to go.

Yes, Armstrong was not the reason why they decided not to fight for that stage.

TRENDING THREADS