• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who won the 2010 tour?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

who won the 2010 tour de france

• JTL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
What makes you think I dislike Valverde because he doped? Is that the only reason a cyclist can be disliked for? I thought I disliked him because I'm not a fan of his racing style, but I guess Ryo and you know better :eek:

I'm glad Valverde is back cause everyone deserves a second chance. I've been saying that for ages already.

So are you a hypocrite now because you dislike Thor Hushovd because apparently you can only dislike someone if he's a doper :rolleyes:

because you said you about a million times and I'm not the only one who remembers. seme you have some serious brain issues if you can't remember :rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I said a million times Valverde is a wheelsucker during the classics. Anyway, another Dutchie to put on ignore.

Let's keep this on topic shall we instead of trying to troll all the time ;)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Aaaaand we are back with 'Ryo replies'.. Haven't all missed them..

don't worrie. I didn't want to come back at all but some people have asked me to come back for south american things and especially the discussions. that's the only place you will see me now. however I was very curious just about this one thing and el pistolero confirmed what I already thought.

Ryo Hazuki said:
don't worrie. I didn't want to come back at all but some people have asked me to come back for south american things and especially the discussions. that's the only place you will see me now. however I was very curious just about this one thing and el pistolero confirmed what I already thought.

Why don't you just keep a decent forum politic? Your input on South American races can be quite interesting but it kind of ruins it when you always act like dcikhead in other threads.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
Why don't you just keep a decent forum politic? Your input on South American races can be quite interesting but it kind of ruins it when you always act like dcikhead in other threads.

there's nothing indecent about me, or my posts. I suggest you visit the netherlands 1 day. you will understand

El Pistolero said:
What makes you think I dislike Valverde because he doped? Is that the only reason a cyclist can be disliked for? I thought I disliked him because I'm not a fan of his racing style, but I guess Ryo and you know better :eek:

I'm glad Valverde is back cause everyone deserves a second chance. I've been saying that for ages already.

So are you a hypocrite now because you dislike Thor Hushovd because apparently you can only dislike someone if he's a doper :rolleyes:

You said valverde never won romandie never beat Gilbert at liege etc. so by the same logic contador didnt win the tour.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
You said valverde never won romandie never beat Gilbert at liege etc. so by the same logic contador didnt win the tour.

No, I said Valverde should get a full ban and not get his results scrapped. I'd rather have if Contador was banned for 2012 and still keep his results from 2011.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
palmerq said:
what hypocrisy?

well, i'm assuming you follow this sport. i'm also assuming you follow SPORT as we know it. i'm assuming you watched 2010 tour, i'm assuming you know who andy is.

based on that, if you see andy as the winner (that's what this thread is all about) i can clearly (with science, common sense and morale to back me up) say that hypocrisy is strong in you.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
c&cfan said:
well, i'm assuming you follow this sport. i'm also assuming you follow SPORT as we know it. i'm assuming you watched 2010 tour, i'm assuming you know who andy is.

based on that, if you see andy as the winner (that's what this thread is all about) i can clearly (with science, common sense and morale to back me up) say that hypocrisy is strong in you.
I dont understand how thinking andy won is hypocritical.. :S but that's not really so important..

anyway mr pistolero and hazuki please do not turn this thread into a personal argument between yourself and keep it on topic(removed a few posts btw)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
We ALL know who won that Tour-Alberto Contador. What the authorities have done, in being allowed to punish him, through the ambiguous, shameful verdict that was finally handed down by CAS, in the case, is: rewriting the records of reality in a very Orwellian way. I laugh now, when I see article's that trumpet that riders like Scarponi have gained because of the Contador verdict. I have no problems with Scarponi, or even Schleck, but being a competitor myself, I know that they know that they did not win the titles they have been awarded, as a result of the CAS verdict. I'm sure that many fans now feel satisfied with the outcome, but reasonable riders understand the absurdity of this whole fiasco. Actually there should have only been ONE race that was at stake here, the 2010 TdF. He never tested positive in any other contest. But because there is a NEED to "suspend" they had to hand that suspension down in some weird style. So by wiping out results, and making up a new reality for the last 1 and a half years, they can now feel OK with themselves allowing him back in 6 months.
What a pathetic joke cycling has become due to this bizarre, ambiguous decision, and the length of time it took to resolve. I now care very little for the sport, and am waiting for Alberto to be re-admitted into the peloton before I will consider any results as real in any of the contested stage races.
Am I a Contador fanboy? You bet your cleats! But I would be just as offended by the process we just witnessed, had it been any rider. Sad days. Forget who won, Cycling is the LOSER, in this case.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
ferryman said:
I will remember the 2010 TDF for many reasons long after both Bertie and Andy have hung up their wheels. And I will also remember that Bertie won it;)

Bravo! I get a feeling that many feel as you do. And that is exactly how AC expressed his feelings about that Tour, and the efforts he gave, over the last year and a half.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
The tour is won on the road, maybe if it was proven without a doubt that Contador doped and it actually helped him to win or if he admitted to doping, then I would think otherwise, but Contadors doping is not proven without a doubt. Contador won the 2010 tour fair and square.

And who is JTL?