• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would win if TDF was raced as TT ???

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 14, 2010
Visit site
rata de sentina said:
I know it is a quiet time but it is incomprehensible that a thread of such mind-boggling dumbness could engender 200+ replies. I'm not impartial to the occasional bout of troll-baiting myself but even your average troll would feel pangs of vestigal conscience participating in this travesty.

So you're saying Contador would win it?

:D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
rata de sentina said:
I know it is a quiet time but it is incomprehensible that a thread of such mind-boggling dumbness could engender 200+ replies. I'm not impartial to the occasional bout of troll-baiting myself but even your average troll would feel pangs of vestigal conscience participating in this travesty.

With my moderator hat on:

I love threads like this. Pointless debate with a bit of opportunity for humour where nobodyy gets hurt (provided a couple of people leave the guns at home).

Way less stressful than a typical current affairs thread where the knives are out and people are baying for each other's blood.

(Sometimes you just need to sit back and ask yourself, "WHat if C-A-T really spells 'Dog'?")

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:

I love threads like this. Pointless debate with a bit of opportunity for humour where nobody gets hurt (provided a couple of people leave the guns at home).

Way less stressful than a typical current affairs thread where the knives are out and people are baying for each other's blood.

(Sometimes you just need to sit back and ask yourself, "WHat if C-A-T really spells 'Dog'?")
Your perversity is truly awe inspiring.

Anyway, that Cat=Dog stuff sounds like your typical clinic thread to me.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This.

There is no reason to assume that the winners of the Tour in the current format would still be the winners of a different format. The modern winners are used to hiding in the pack, expending as little energy as possible, and sticking their noses into the wind for only a few critical and short stretches of the race. Doing twenty consecutive 200 km time trials in a row would favor a different type of rider, one that is larger and sturdier with the ability to race hard for five hours, day after day. Cancellara is that type of man.

Cancellara however has crappy recuperation. Tony Martin would be a better pick.

There is no reason to assume someone like Contador couldn't put on some weight to help him on the flat stages if the Tour was really ridden this way.

Martin318is said:

I love threads like this. Pointless debate with a bit of opportunity for humour where noby gets hurt (provided a couple of people leave the guns at home).

No what you really need to do is step back and ask yourself if X-A-T really spells Nick Nuyens would win the hypothetical TT tour de France.:D

Seriously though after long deliberation for me it would come down to Martin and Wiggans

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I thought this thread was rubbish to start but now I commend the OP both for its refusal to die and for further exposing the 'never ridden a bike grimpeur man love' CN forum hegemony.

As Race Radio said, but I think it would be more of a Grabsch or Eisel kind of rider those dudes spend half the Tour in the wind. Which is what this is about.

Winterfold said:
I thought this thread was rubbish to start but now I commend the OP both for its refusal to die and for further exposing the 'never ridden a bike grimpeur man love' CN forum hegemony.

As Race Radio said, but I think it would be more of a Grabsch or Eisel kind of rider those dudes spend half the Tour in the wind. Which is what this is about.

What about Van-summeren? He's so tall from belly-button up he spends the he spends the whole tour in the wind .

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
rata de sentina said:
Your perversity is truly awe inspiring.

Anyway, that Cat=Dog stuff sounds like your typical clinic thread to me.

Thanks - I have made the relevant correction to the late night typo to which you refer...

TRENDING THREADS