• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you like to see win the Giro?

Who would you like to see in the Maglia Rosa?

• Scarponi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok, we've made our predictions. I'm curious to see who the forum readers will actually be rooting for the most.

You can vote for as many riders as you want. If you definitely are rooting for one guy above anyone else, only vote for one. If there are three guys you'd equally like to see win, vote for three. If you really don't care one way or another this isn't the thread for you - skip it rather than vote for everybody.

This is not who I think will finish in the top 10 - I've already put that in the other thread. I very reluctantly left out Pozzovivo in favor of Gibo and Wigans as they are likely to have more supporters.

If you are cheering for someone else to win who you really believe has a chance, post it below but you can still vote in the poll and choose who'd you most like to win among those above.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
For me it's Simoni, I just have a weak spot for him, as a former Giro winner, wanting to finish his career on a high note and I am rooting for him to do this on the highest, a win in the Giro.
My other vote is for Nibali, I would like to see a younger rider take this win. But I think Simoni is the one for which I want it the most

Me:

Sastre - just seems to be a good guy. Has ridden a million GTs and has been very competitive in most. Not spectactular but consistent as hell. Would be weird to see him pick up wins in the Tour and Giro but not his home Tour.

Evans - has some interesting personality quirks, but on the bike I think the guy has gotten a bad rap over the years. Despite what some people think, I think he's a really exciting rider and it would be cool to see someone win a GT wearing the rainbow stripes.

Nibali - Too many of our current GC contenders are older guys. Always nice to see a young rider pick up a big win and Nibali has been fun to watch the last couple of years.

I think there have only been two. One was who do you think will win and this one is who do want to win. Also, the 2009 poll was bumped to the front page recently.

Check that. The 2009 poll was one created in light of Pelli's suspension and was a bit in jest. But seriously, there have only been two 2010 Giro polls and they are asking two distinctly different questions.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Evans for me. I think it is about time he finishes one off. Not to mention it will look cool when the world champ pulls on the pink jersey.

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be great to see Evens on top at the end. It seems like he's turned a corner and to add a GT to his accomplishments while wearing the rainbow jersey would be really cool to see. Plus, it might finally shut up his detractors although I doubt it.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Sastre. I admire his consistency and humility. And because while this year's Tour de France may suit him, I just don't think he'll make the podium. I hope for a good show from Vino too - you have to love a tour with Vino in the mix if for nothing else than that anything-could-happen-next factor.

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Sastre and Evans just because they are nice guys on and off the bike and different types of riders. It will be a good duel to watch.

...and Simoni, not realistic but who cares I will be screaming his name when Zoncolan comes along. He was the reason why I started cycling when I was younger.

Vai Gibo!!!

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
9000ft said:
I think it would be great to see Evens on top at the end. It seems like he's turned a corner and to add a GT to his accomplishments while wearing the rainbow jersey would be really cool to see. Plus, it might finally shut up his detractors although I doubt it.
they will never shut up!

I think hes changed for the better both on and off the bike - he seems more relaxed now and not as highly strung for a lack of a better term. As they say a change is a good as a holiday!

Hopefully he will win it :D

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
i voted for basso vino cunego and garzelli...

I quite like them all and it would be nice for one of them to win it.. even though cunego has no chance. I would probablly like basso to win it most out of those 4 to fufill some of his talent that he wasted a bit by being caught.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
If you think everyone is doping, then you can't pick a more exciting rider as your favourite than vino. If you think Evans, for example, is clean Vino would irk your sensibilities.

In reality for me, I'd like to see someone take time in a break and then hold it to the line. Someone who's results say, "shouldn't have let him take that much" rather than "what did he take this year".

Failing that anyone just a close race with no clear winner until the end.