• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you most like to see get exposed or confess to being a doper?

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I am guessing for most it was Armstrong.

But now he has been exposed for the lying, cheating fraud that he was/is, who would you like exposed or to take the big step of admitting guilt.

I am thinking more of past riders than those in the current peloton, I don't think we need another anti Sky thread.

For me it is Patrick Jonker, not exactly a big name, but I hear him in the media in Australia from time to time. It just annoys me that he still gets away with it.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Mig.

Nothing personal, as he seems a really nice guy, but it's farcical that of the dominant forces during the EPO era he remains largely unaffected.

I'd particularly like to know when he started using EPO, to answer the vexing question as to whether his rise to prominence from 1988 onwards (from an Armstrongian level of GT non-excellence) was down to hard work and losing weight or to being ahead of the game re EPO use.

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Definitely Lefevre or any of the other team managers who are so 'naive' that they did not notice doping practices for over 10 years on their team. If doping is to be combated, I would say these people are the ones to take out of the sport rather than merely cyclists.

I am quite happy to make an exception for Voeckler though.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Don't really care about riders.

Amadio, Lefevere, Stephens, Saronni, Yates, Corti, Och/Lelangue/Testa.

This is what I was thinking. I want the people who facilitated the doping on their teams to come clean. It infuriates me that the riders are passed off by DS's as being the corrupt element when it appears that there were systematic doping programs on all the major teams. The people who facilitated the doping need to come clean more than anyone.

Most of all, I want to see Hein and Pat exposed.

All I think when a rider "comes clean" anymore is "yea, we already knew that."

I presume the thread is looking for nominations in the cycling world?

Personally, I'd love it if someone BIG from another sport got done: football, tennis or golf would do. Maybe Tiger Woods, or has he had enough of a fall already? Both him & Phil Michelson have changed body shapes quite a lot; but Phil seem a nice bloke and Nike sponsor Tiger so I'd be pleased if he was outed.

coinneach said:

Personally, I'd love it if someone BIG from another sport got done: football, tennis or golf would do. Maybe Tiger Woods, or has he had enough of a fall already? Both him & Phil Michelson have changed body shapes quite a lot; but Phil seem a nice bloke and Nike sponsor Tiger so I'd be pleased if he was outed.
In that case:

Messi

coinneach said:

Sounds like a Spanish investigation:

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=6743448&src=desktop

The clients names weren't revealed. Another 2+2=?? situation. Most golf fans would not care, as evidenced by the lack of attention this story received.

Whether a nice guy or not, a cheater is a cheater. Fu** 'em all.

If this is only about riders, then Contador (a proper bust, as seen by the general public), Wiggins, Gilbert, Boonen, Purito, Cancellara. Basically the biggest names are the most important ones to catch.

I also wish Indurain got exposed. It might be the kind of exorcism Spanish cycling needs to move forward.

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Since I am Dutch: Breukink, Erik Dekker.
I have the feeling Erik Dekker might come forward one of these days. In the case of Breukink I am afraid we will have to resort to waterboarding.

Dear Wiggo said:
Every one.

Kill them all. Let God sort them out.

:cool:

Pippo agrees :D
6591_pozzato-640.jpg

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
We tried blizzards on a mountain stage. Also didn't work. Stubborn little man.

Johann Olaf Koss.

I agree. For "other than cycling" sports, Koss has to be the biggest out-of-nowhere to utter domination story there is...

TRENDING THREADS