• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you most like to see get exposed or confess to being a doper?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Mostly the big names that have been too long in the sport in too dark times to have been conceivably clean. Rodriguez, Boonen, Gilbert, Cancellara, Wiggins. I'd love to see Contador go down completely.

When it comes to sport directors, Lefevere and Riis are probably the worst. And the whole Katusha and Astana teams of course, but they are so corrupt I couldn't pin it down to a single person.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
We tried blizzards on a mountain stage. Also didn't work. Stubborn little man.

Johann Olaf Koss.

Talking about speed skating. I'd love to see those guys go down, with Wennemars on the front.

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Lanark said:
Talking about speed skating. I'd love to see those guys go down, with Wennemars on the front.

Rintje Ritsma pretty much implicated himself as a doper when he claimed not so long ago that doping wouldn't work in speed skating since it was a technical sport and it wouldn't give you a better stroke.

Only a doper could come up with such nonsense, and try to get away with it.

Lanark said:

My supplement guru tells me Yvonne van Gennep was possibly the first athlete to use EPO on prime time television. '87 you could get EPO. She had been under intense medical care, having had a terrible injury. Got fit just in time, and shattered world records, and the doped up East Germans. Not long ago Dutch TV made a horrible documentary starring van Gennep, and shaming the East German ladies, who actually showed up on camera for the occasion. It was pathetic. Too obvious. More Dutch Speed skaters did stunningly well in Calgary. At altitude. Living below sea level.
Sukked to hear, as I used to have a young boy's crush on Van Gennep. So sweet and modest. But she was playing the Boogerd game, in the same era. Building a fortress around herself.
Ellen van Langen (800m gold 1992 Barcelona, still a national record performance) is deep, deeep into sports governance, athlete management, and event promotion. Also peaked after injuries. I am not comfortable with all that. I am Dutch.
Wennemars, same pattern. Won't get off the TV. A sprinter that got a good overall WC in.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
i am surprised nobody has said evans yet. i have nothing against him. in fact, rather like him, but he gets my vote along with wiggins-who i don't like.

in the non-cycling world: paula radcliffe. her world record was other-worldly.

i thought of one more in cycling. just for shits and giggles, i would love to see greg lemond admit to doping. this is not a statement of belief that he has doped, but it would really stir things up if he had and admitted it.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
+1

+ Carl Lewis.

Dave.

that would be awesome, but unfortunately will never happen. he is just too smug and self-righteous. he would go down fighting like armstrong. so unless compelling evidence that he doped becomes public, he will never admit it.

gregod said:
i am surprised nobody has said evans yet. i have nothing against him. in fact, rather like him, but he gets my vote along with wiggins-who i don't like.

in the non-cycling world: paula radcliffe. her world record was other-worldly.

i thought of one more in cycling. just for shits and giggles, i would love to see greg lemond admit to doping. this is not a statement of belief that he has doped, but it would really stir things up if he had and admitted it.

+1 for Evans.

If Greg did, then yes. And, yes, that would stir things up. But, he didn't.

Add: Bugno, Cappuccino (Chiappucci). They have already been exposed, but an honest confession would be good.

Has nobody said Bruyneel yet? Saiz?

Finally, having ALL USPS/Disco (/Phonak) riders owning up to their past. Aside from notable North Americans, that would also include Merckx.

Speaking of North Americans, some honesty out of Ray Cippolini and Michael Ball would be nice. As would some honesty from the MTB circles.

Dave.

Wallace and Gromit said:
Mig.

Nothing personal, as he seems a really nice guy, but it's farcical that of the dominant forces during the EPO era he remains largely unaffected.

I'd particularly like to know when he started using EPO, to answer the vexing question as to whether his rise to prominence from 1988 onwards (from an Armstrongian level of GT non-excellence) was down to hard work and losing weight or to being ahead of the game re EPO use.

This. Mig is a magician when it comes to hiding his past.

Race Radio said:
Stapleton, Knaggs, Och, Verburggen, Charmichel, Martinelli, Marti,

Plus as wisely posted: Amadio, Lefevere, Stephens, Saronni, Yates, Corti, Och/Lelangue/Testa. In the U.S. Wiesel and Johnson should both have lifetime bans.

Many of these posts are missing the point. The vast majority of doping is not the riders. Clean up management and let WADA run all aspects of anti-doping and the doping risks go up substantially.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Plus as wisely posted: Amadio, Lefevere, Stephens, Saronni, Yates, Corti, Och/Lelangue/Testa. In the U.S. Wiesel and Johnson should both have lifetime bans.

Many of these posts are missing the point. The vast majority of doping is not the riders. Clean up management and let WADA run all aspects of anti-doping and the doping risks go up substantially.

This. Id you're a young neo-pro probably in the new country trying to make a career and your team is putting pressure on you to dope to compete and you are expected to contribute a portion of your salary for drugs, then they are far more culpable for your doping then your are.

And the governing body for turning a blind eye to it.

Ooh but on the subject Barcelona FC or the Spanish National team would be brilliant. It would be seismic for football, and impossible to ignore or sweep under the carpet.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Benito said:
Since I am Dutch: Breukink, Erik Dekker.
I have the feeling Erik Dekker might come forward one of these days. In the case of Breukink I am afraid we will have to resort to waterboarding.

I'm not Dutch but agree with Eric Dekker.

Then I'm surprised I'm the first listing this one, Schleck Brothers, and the rest of the fairymen on their fairy team (Leopard, that is).

The longshot, the president, FTW!

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Murray, Nadal, Djokovic, Ferrer
Froome, Wiggins, Porte, Rogers, Cavendish
Everyone in swimming and track&field
Lebron James, Kobe Bryant
Ronaldo, Messi
Tiger Woods

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
in athletics :

one of the nike NOP top 2 guys assuming they're doping(wont happen anyhow)

one of jos hermens top guys.
prob bekele or geb assuming they've been doping for years

tennis:

nadal,murray or djokovic

soccer:

ronaldo

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Must not speak ill of the deceased, but remember Flo Jo?

1988 record still stands 100m 10.49secs - true exposure to the truth of this record never really came out.

The Before

picture.php

The After

picture.php

The Lady Boy Look

picture.php