• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you most like to see get exposed or confess to being a doper?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Usain Bolt *
Micheal Phelps *
Stephen Roche *
Micheal Johnson *
Mark Spitz *
Miguel Indurain *
Yohan Blake *
Rafael Nadal *
Bernard Hinault *
Asafa Powell *
Tyson Gay *
Evander Holyfield *
Mike Tyson *

Race Radio said:
Stapleton, Knaggs, Och, Verburggen, Charmichel, Martinelli, Marti,

Yes...these guys. P!ssed off that they get a pass.....

I would also like to see Weisel get exposed for the creep that he is as well as Steve Johnson..both for their complicit involvement

Oh yeah Michael Phelps is a good one...
he's a public jerk...

While I'm on a rant Tiger Woods...c'mon he's not naturally built like that !

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who has ridden on a Weisel-sponsored team or continues to ride on a Weisel-sponsored or influenced team:

Subaru-Montgomery
Montgomery-Bell
Motorola/Phonak/BMC (Ochowiz)
All of USPS/Discovery who haven't yet caved in.
USPS Masters
Team Specialized Masters
Any of the USAC board of directors who actually have the balls to get on a bike and race.

Red Dragon said:
Stephen Roche *
Miguel Indurain *
Bernard Hinault *

hasn't there been talk of the first 2(actually all three), and nothing on Hinault(so far), and Roche's been linked to "rumors/innuendo" about doping, or am I off base here? trying to remember sorry.

Miggy the magician, we already know.......:D

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Yes...these guys. P!ssed off that they get a pass.....

I would also like to see Weisel get exposed for the creep that he is as well as Steve Johnson..both for their complicit involvement

Oh yeah Michael Phelps is a good one...
he's a public jerk...

While I'm on a rant Tiger Woods...c'mon he's not naturally built like that !

Google Dr. Anthony Gallea...

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
This was meant to be a thread about cyclists preferably retired cyclists but it appears anything goes in this clinic these days.

Any way someone mentioned Ekimov, he would be pretty high on my list.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
You know what makes me smile.

How some of our clinicians WANT certain athletes to be dopers.

Not just think, or suspect, or be convinced they dope. Want. They have an emotional investment in it.

How very, very strange...

Why Riis? didn't we get Riis half confession already?

- Miguel Indurain. He gets a pass for being so nice. But we probably never know the real truth about his doping if we get the half confessions that we have been getting lately.

- Famous Soccer players.

- Wiggins and Froome.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
martinvickers said:
You know what makes me smile.

How some of our clinicians WANT certain athletes to be dopers.

Not just think, or suspect, or be convinced they dope. Want. They have an emotional investment in it.

How very, very strange...

Stranger than posting in a forum about doping when you want everyone to be clean?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Why Riis? didn't we get Riis half confession already?

Agreed, Riis as a rider is done or one that is checked off already, no need to repeat it. BUT! Riis as DS confession, would be welcomed ;)

iejeecee said:
I'd like to see the Spanish national team exposed, so we become the 2010 world champions

Then again we probably doped too :D

:D

The Hitch said:
U.Bolt. That would turn the world on its head.

This

Netserk said:
In that case:

Messi

This, I don't get the fact that it has been officially stated that Messi has been on HGH from the age of 11 and that in his case it's seen as some great story of Barcelona scouting and medically supporting a big talent.

If a big name is outed, I don't want it to be a cyclist, cause it might kill the sport, I'd rather see it on other sports, where drug problems sometimes are pretty ****ing obvious.

One name in cycling I want to see outed: Pat McQuaid

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
coinneach said:
I presume the thread is looking for nominations in the cycling world?

Personally, I'd love it if someone BIG from another sport got done: football, tennis or golf would do. Maybe Tiger Woods, or has he had enough of a fall already? Both him & Phil Michelson have changed body shapes quite a lot; but Phil seem a nice bloke and Nike sponsor Tiger so I'd be pleased if he was outed.

In that case Cristiano Ronaldo.

Kenenisa Bekele's girlfriend died at 18 on a training run when he was a couple of years older I think yet I heavily suspect he went on to dope through his career. It's common when bodybuilders die young that they suddenly have hereditary conditions as well. Sensitive territory but if someone could confess to supplying Flo Jo that would be great.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Stranger than posting in a forum about doping when you want everyone to be clean?

Sceptic. Take a step back and think, actually think, about what you just wrote.

That somehow it is BAD or STRANGE to WANT athletes to be clean.

Think about what that says about you.

Who in their right mind DOESN'T want everyone to be clean? Who in their right mind WANTS doping?

WE all know 100% clean is a pipe dream, of course, but surely anyone who actually, you know, gives a sh!t about sport would WANT it to be clean?

But as i said, that's the odd thing; there are some clinicians who it seems are emotionally invested in the destruction of sportspeople. They WANT there to be dopers. The buzz of the sneer seems to be more important to them than, you know, actual sport.

And then they question people who don't feel like that?

AS I said, very, very strange...

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
U.Bolt. That would turn the world on its head.

Would love to see justice served but, I'm not sure it would shock the general public that much.

There's the evidence that he's linked to the kingpin in the Balco scandal this guy can't get away with it.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Thinking less about people we "want" to be doping and more people we can have pretty strong concerns about, Carmelita Jeter. Otherwise, Cristiano Ronaldo.

Now that is a more sensible question, LS. and, in a break from my usual policy of not discussing hunches, let me say that on Jeter, I agree 100%.

But does it require an extra thread? The whole Clinic is one big discussion of that very topic.

And LS, don't kid yourself, there are people in here who DO want there to be doping. Who would actually be disappointed if, by some logic defying means, they proved they were clean.

Of course, since proving a negative is a logical impossiblity, these clinicians can rest easy...

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
martinvickers said:
Sniper. Take a step back and think, actually think, about what you just wrote.

That somehow it is BAD or STRANGE to WANT athletes to be clean.

Think about what that says about you.

Who in their right mind DOESN'T want everyone to be clean? Who in their right mind WANTS doping?

WE all know 100% clean is a pipe dream, of course, but surely anyone who actually, you know, gives a sh!t about sport would WANT it to be clean?

But as i said, that's the odd thing; there are some clinicians who it seems are emotionally invested in the destruction of sportspeople. They WANT there to be dopers. The buzz of the sneer seems to be more important to them than, you know, actual sport.

And then they question people who don't feel like that?

AS I said, very, very strange...

If someone should be taking a step back - it would be the poster who just called "the sceptic", "sniper".

But I understand what the sceptic means. He is implying you are defending and desperate to prove Sky are clean. You want them to be clean, depsite the fact so much points to them being doity, doity, wascawwy wabbits.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
If someone should be taking a step back - it would be the poster who just called "the sceptic", "sniper".

But I understand what the sceptic means. He is implying you are defending and desperate to prove Sky are clean. You want them to be clean, depsite the fact so much points to them being doity, doity, wascawwy wabbits.

I never mentioned Sky in this thread. I think that's called transference, Wiggy. You're still smarting, aren't you.

As I've said to others, don't assume because I am interested in daft things like evidence and facts, that somehow translates to me supporting your bete noir. You'd be wrong, for starters. I don't.*

My apologies, however, to sniper.

It was actually The Bolt accusation made me chuckle, first, as it happens. For some reason it just reminded me of the line from the dark knight - "some people just want to watch the world burn"

And reading this thread, that's the damn truth.

*My sympathies, for what little they are worth, rest with Dan and Nicolas. Or did before Nicolas moved team. I also have a soft spot for Vicenzo. But let's be clear, if any of them, or the Skytrain, dope, I hope they are caught, flushed, and frankly jailed.

Great thread, and some great names in cycling. I can’t add to them, but certainly second ones like Voeckler, Cancellara, Indurain…

In baseball, Derek Jeter and Albert Pujols. If either of these players were outed, fans would finally have to stop denying and realize that even the nicest, cleanest guys do in fact dope.

Someone already mentioned Usain Bolt. Definitely, but also all his Jamaican relay mates. But really, anyone with half a brain knows every elite sprinter in the world is using PEDs.

In swimming, I’m a Phelps fan, so if it will make you feel better, Martin Vickers, I really hope he raced clean. But if the evidence is there, I hope it comes out, though at this point it would have to be the testimony of someone close to him. Same with Torres. Lochte is still active, though. Many of these 15 year old female wunderkinds, and not just Asian ones, either.

In (American) football, every quarterback in the NFL, because most of the suspicion focuses on the 300 lb linemen, not on the guys for whom an extra 5 mph zip on a pass can make the difference between stardom and the bench. Particularly Aaron Rodgers, who defended baseball player Ryan Braun when the latter testified positive and had it overturned on a technicality.

Testing in the NBA has been a joke (though they're talking about getting serious), no player of any consequence has ever been busted.

Boxing: Pacquiao and Mayweather. Particularly Floyd, since he's going around advertising himself as Mr. Clean, insisting his opponents be tested by a strict protocol which is only strict by the joke protocols that are generally used in boxing. I really like the Klitschkos, they are both so much more than boxers, but again, if they're on something, let it come out. There are few sports where PEDs could provide an obviously greater advantage than in boxing, but because of their size advantage, and weak competition, I think it's possible they could be clean.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Merckx index said:
Great thread, and some great names in cycling. I can’t add to them, but certainly second ones like Voeckler, Cancellara, Indurain…

In baseball, Derek Jeter and Albert Pujols. If either of these players were outed, fans would finally have to stop denying and realize that even the nicest, cleanest guys do in fact dope.

100% - Baseball appears to me the nearest to cycling in it's almost sports wide culture of doping - I'm tired of people expecting every doper to be a sociopath, just 'cos Lance was.

Someone already mentioned Usain Bolt. Definitely, but also all his Jamaican relay mates. But really, anyone with half a brain knows every elite sprinter in the world is using PEDs.

That's not actually true. Gay, at the least, is almost certainly clean. Pretty confident on Bolt, too, having seen analysis of him - he's simply a prodigy.

But let's just say a bust on Blake, or Frazer-Price, would not shock me.

In swimming, I’m a Phelps fan, so if it will make you feel better, Martin Vickers, I really hope he raced clean. But if the evidence is there, I hope it comes out, though at this point it would have to be the testimony of someone close to him.

Agree 100%. if you dope, i hope you pay. Big. short and sweet.

Same with Torres.

I happen to know a couple of swim coaches. No-one, no-one believes in Torres. Which is actually very sad. But sadly, all too understandable. WE had de Bruin, after all

Lochte is still active, though. Many of these 15 year old female wunderkinds, and not just Asian ones, either.

Ledecky?

In (American) football, every quarterback in the NFL, because most of the suspicion focuses on the 300 lb linemen, not on the guys for whom an extra 5 mph zip on a pass can make the difference between stardom and the bench. Particularly Aaron Rodgers, who defended baseball player Ryan Braun when the latter testified positive and had it overturned on a technicality.

In the NFL they check you for drugs..and if you don't have them, they kick you off the squad. Same lineage as both rugby codes, and same problems but in technicolor.

Yet all those drugs, and Miami are still crap? where's the justice?

TRENDING THREADS