• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you most like to see get exposed or confess to being a doper?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Which CURRENT cyclist or sports figure would you like to confess or be busted?

New idea, which current pro cyclist or sports figure would you like to see confess or be busted to hopefully start cleaning up the dirty state we're in.

I'll leave non-sporting people to someone else to start a thread on.

Remember no retired people there's a thread for that, but I won't go cry if you do ;)

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Weisel and Och

I can't seem to believe this but it appears that Weisel recruited Och, who was managing money in Milwaukee post Motorola, Och brings some of his accounts with him to Weisel and bro's...including.....wait for it..."ta da!"
Hein V.'s account. Och becomes president of USA Cycling.

Hein makes tons (and I mean LOTS) of money while with Weisel, yet Och goes on to re-enter the pro road world via BMC, Hein's reputation is ruined (deservedly) and Weisel is looking down the barrel of the Fed's twelve guage shotgun. And Och? Not a peep.

And the official press release is that Weisel had NO connection to Hein Verbruggen, none, ....does this smell like a fish to anyone?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
del1962 said:
Problem with a thread like this is it often turns into a which riders do people dislike the most

I can only speak for myself, but the reason why i want to see sky go down in flames is not because i dislike them as riders, but because their doping is so over the top and obvious, and theyre doing it in the name of clean cycling.

del1962 said:
Problem with a thread like this is it often turns into a which riders do people dislike the most

But that dislike usually forms as a reaction to obnoxious (dare I say idol worshipping) fans who refuse to accept that their star rider could possibly be a doper because his nationality (or some other stupid reason) somehow precludes them from doping. Recent history has revealed that anybody who has excelled in the pro cycling ranks is highly unlikely to have done so clean. To argue that is pure foolishness.

I'm not a hater, I just believe the truth is always more useful than "the good of the sport" or good entertainment or whatever. There are some performances that I simply don't believe and I would like the truth exposed. That and some of the diarrhea that comes out of their mouths (Horner) is just too ridiculous to bear. Anyway, my list is as follows:

Voigt
Cancellara
Boonen
Hushovd
O'Grady
Horner
Schleck
Popovich

I can't list any real recent riders as I've found the degree of my interest is the same as the degree of believability in pro cycling.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
King Of The Wolds said:
I don't know who's doping, so how am I supposed to know whom I would like to get busted? Or is the question, whom would I like to be doping so that they can get busted? Which is a strange question, because why would I want someone to be doping?

You must be new the the sport of cycling, Welcome aboard :D

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
hasn't there been talk of the first 2(actually all three), and nothing on Hinault(so far), and Roche's been linked to "rumors/innuendo" about doping, or am I off base here? trying to remember sorry.

Miggy the magician, we already know.......:D

Yes Indurain and Roche have the Conconi connection in common.

As for Hinault I remember reading an online article (can't find the link now) in which was written something that Hinault had stated in an interview. I can't recall the exact wording but, it went something like this; " Myself and my teammates never had any trouble using what was necessary when the situation demanded it ".

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
guncha said:
Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Messi, Ronaldu, Rooney, Phelps, Thorpe, LeMond, Indurain, Wiggins, Contador, Crosby, Ovechkin, Bryant, Lebron, NFL and MLB stars, Bolt, Bjorndalen to name few...

What do you mean by "current?" Didn't LeMond and Indurain retire almost 20 years ago?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
GPdesAmeriques said:
What do you mean by "current?" Didn't LeMond and Indurain retire almost 20 years ago?

It wasn't him, I created this thread to counter the other one where the OP got in a tear in his eye because people started to add in current riders then the mods merged some of those posts over here and well ruined the thread as you can see.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
ElChingon said:
It wasn't him, I created this thread to counter the other one where the OP got in a tear in his eye because people started to add in current riders then the mods merged some of those posts over here and well ruined the thread as you can see.

You probably shouldn't have added this then:

no retired people there's a thread for that, but I won't go cry if you do

Unfortunately you basically said, if it is the same as the other thread it's ok.

On that basis, there are two threads that are essentially the same, so why not join them?

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Wiggins because he talks about other peoples' doping cases, while I doubt that he is himself totally clean and Cancellara because his performance is always over the top, above other's who btw have been caught doped.