• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why are British cyclists so much better than Australian cyclists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wooden-spoon.png

:D:D:D

A

Anonymous

The_Z_man said:
I dare you to ask Phil Anderson that question to his face.

There is something I want to post here about Phil, and I just want you all to know that I cannot do it. It is a troll comment extraordinaire, but it just feels wrong every time I type it. I must be getting softer in my old age?

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Because non of them are born in England

Cav = Isle of Man
Wiggo = Belguim
Miller = Scotland
Kroome = South Africa

And the best that are born in England sign for Ireland

Dan Martin

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Irish2009 said:

Cav = Isle of Man
Wiggo = Belguim
Miller = Scotland
Kroome = South Africa

Dan Martin

Actually, it's "Froome" and Millar is Maltese born in Hong Kong who had to be persuaded to get scottish nationality (his grandmother was scottish)

Oh and you forgot Wegelius was born in Finland.

Also, don't feed the troll :p

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Actually, it's "Froome" and Millar is Maltese born in Hong Kong who had to be persuaded to get scottish nationality (his grandmother was scottish)

Oh and you forgot Wegelius was born in Finland.

Also, don't feed the troll :p

Don't forget that Belgium has a tropical climate too!!!! And as for Scotland, don't get me started. Oh, hang on, my bad. No, they don't.

Edit: And, last time I was in a geography lesson, Scotland and the Isle of Man were part of the United Kingdom.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Irish2009 said:

Cav = Isle of Man
Wiggo = Belguim
Miller = Scotland
Kroome = South Africa

Dan Martin

You seem to have confused 'Britain' with 'England'.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Want to understand for a country with the greatest weather in the world gets rolled by a country with the worst. Maybe the Brits are tougher? Explain it to an American.

............... Off you go to remedial school of common sense.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
US 300 million people UK 60 mill AU 20 million. The aussie numbers are higher than any of us.Australia is a big pie that is the same size as the US with NOTHING in the middle everybody lives on the edges.The US should be dominating,we are not.We should all wonder how the the little country is turning out so many fast men and women.Cooper's?vegimite?roo? I wish I knew.PS to English and Americans they have better motorcycles over there also,God invented Australia for motorcyclists.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Irish2009 said:
No not confused. Recently there have been some very good BRITISH riders, just none of them seem to be born in ENGLAND.;)

Hmmm, and Ireland's two best current riders have been born in.....England and France :confused:

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Want to understand for a country with the greatest weather in the world gets rolled by a country with the worst. Maybe the Brits are tougher? Explain it to an American.

Racing above the equator. It confuses them.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Better question might be "why can't the French win their own tour?" However, give the aussies a couple years, they got some great riders down-under...

A

Anonymous

richwagmn said:
Racing above the equator. It confuses them.

Yea, they get all swimmy headed when they see the toilet water swirling in the other direction.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Irish2009 said:
No not confused. Recently there have been some very good BRITISH riders, just none of them seem to be born in ENGLAND.;)

Dan Lloyd, Jez Hunt, Roger Hammond, Steve Cummings, Dan Fleeman...:;):p

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:

Typical: The Poms get a few good riders after years of abject failure on the road and suddenly they are world beaters and want everyone to know it:D

By the way wasn't it an Aussie who was hauling Cav's dwarven frame up to the line every race??;)

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Andy99 said:
Dan Lloyd, Jez Hunt, Roger Hammond, Steve Cummings, Dan Fleeman...:;):p

Yep just a bunch of Palmares there, Chocka with GT wins and Classics success...lol Together they might match a tenth of Sean Kelly's...or maybe not;) And don't you Poms try to claim him as British!

No offense to Roger of course who is a beast on the bike.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Our cricket bats are doing too well either. Great Britain, in the form of another non-English Scotsman, are also doing better than us in men's tennis. Don't talk to me about rugby union. At least the Poms can't swim and they suck at rugby league. But what comes around goes around. We'll just sit back, suck on a few tinnies, and wait for the inevitable when the Poms crumble in a heap and the Aussies take their rightful position on the top of table. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS