• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why did Lance waste energy, attacking/bridging in stage 9?

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Pellizotti was 15 minutes down. Even if the other teams stopped working, all the GC contenders were also there with him. Is Lance going senile? Also, why are all of Lance's closest representatives making excuses for him and simultaneously chastizing Alberto about how he as to learn about everything. What if Alberto had won the past four grand tours he has participated in in the past two years. He would be one of the best road cyclists in the history of sport. This makes Lance vs. Jan look like a joke. If Karpets had not flatted there would have definitely been a field sprint as he was only 4:00 down. Lance today, looked like Jan Ulrich randomly attacking on Tormalet in 2003. Contador meanwhile, knew the situation well and didnt even bother to show himself @ the front. Lance is making a fool out of himself and its funny that I log onto MSN this morning and the front page has already labelled his comeback an astounding success when he has not even won a single race this year and has crashed three times. (P.S. Nevada City Classic was won given to him by Ben Jacques Mayne)

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
The only excuse is that it was simultaneously as Voigt,Fedrigo,Pellizotti were designating the peleton as the 3rd group and Lance wanted to wake up the peleton to chase. Still, I dont know why he wasted energy. If Lance is worried about those situations he needs to start racing instead of pacing himself. He should try to form breaks himself. That is what Eddy would do.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
tdforbust said:
Pellizotti was 15 minutes down. Even if the other teams stopped working, all the GC contenders were also there with him. Is Lance going senile? Also, why are all of Lance's closest representatives making excuses for him and simultaneously chastizing Alberto about how he as to learn about everything. What if Alberto had won the past four grand tours he has participated in in the past two years. He would be one of the best road cyclists in the history of sport. This makes Lance vs. Jan look like a joke. If Karpets had not flatted there would have definitely been a field sprint as he was only 4:00 down. Lance today, looked like Jan Ulrich randomly attacking on Tormalet in 2003. Contador meanwhile, knew the situation well and didnt even bother to show himself @ the front. Lance is making a fool out of himself and its funny that I log onto MSN this morning and the front page has already labelled his comeback an astounding success when he has not even won a single race this year and has crashed three times. (P.S. Nevada City Classic was won given to him by Ben Jacques Mayne)

Be careful, tdforbust, the Vultures are circling and the Vampires are thirsty. Not to mention, the complainers and blamers and whiners hold considerable clout here, and lance bad mouthed CN the other day, so they aren't to happy about giving him too much play time here. That's why THE MAN has been placed in solitary. Get it?

May 19, 2009
Visit site
I must have been watching a different race altogether. What I saw was Lance coming to the front after the tourmalet so he could descend in front of everyone. Picking his own lines and staying out of trouble by not having the potential of having somebody go down in front of him and taking him out of the race.

mambo#5 said:
I must have been watching a different race altogether. What I saw was Lance coming to the front after the tourmalet so he could descend in front of everyone. Picking his own lines and staying out of trouble by not having the potential of having somebody go down in front of him and taking him out of the race.

I think they are talking about an earlier effort when the second break was forming.

Robert Merivel said:
Be careful, tdforbust, the Vultures are circling and the Vampires are thirsty. Not to mention, the complainers and blamers and whiners hold considerable clout here, and lance bad mouthed CN the other day, so they aren't to happy about giving him too much play time here. That's why THE MAN has been placed in solitary. Get it?

You might want to edit your recruitment speech. It lacks punch.;)

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
tdforbust said:
(P.S. Nevada City Classic was won given to him by Ben Jacques Mayne)
huh??

I was in the race. BJM couldn't even pull through, and he was outnumbered 2 to one. (I got to see it all as I was lapped).

I'm the biggest Lance-hate out there, but saying sill stuff like this makes you seem like an idiot.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
tdforbust said:
(P.S. Nevada City Classic was won given to him by Ben Jacques Mayne)

I agree totally!!!!! BJM should be sitting in third inbetween Contador and Armstrong......

I think you just made all your posts irrelevant.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
tdforbust said:

I see you've solidified your alliance with all the lifers around here who sound like the most experience they've had with cycling is gearing up in lycra to ride around the block outside their mom's house and then thinking they are cool for coming in "you are a nobody" place in the nearest crit.

The pros think you are all trash, FYI. But thanks for playing. You are just entertainment for us people who actually matter.