• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why not have the TTT near the end of the tour?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
FlyingPortagee said:
So wait a minute before a laugh my *** off. Your saying it matters less if you have a full team in the mountains, but more if the mountain domestiques are there, what about the Time Trial domestiques for a final TT. What is the difference? Thats right, no difference!

are you serioulsy that stupid?

if you don't think numbers are important in a TTT you are seriously deluded.

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
FlyingPortagee said:
Sorry dude, but a major advantage of having good climbers on your team is to pace you up to the front!!

Not saying that you are wrong here, but it still doesn't give a good reason why we sholdn't have a TTT at the end of the tour. Team support is important no matter where you are in a race. I really can't think of a reason why it would make a difference where its placed and it very might well make the TDF worth paying attention to again.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
Let's move the TTT back further than the third week. Let's make it a post-Tour event, like the criterium circuit. That way, it'll finally have the impact on the Tour results that it deserves.

Bang on, no argument from me.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
FlyingPortagee said:
Sorry dude, but a major advantage of having good climbers on your team is to pace you up to the front!!

dude i said provide support and isolate others.
Support obviously includes pacing.
you seriously can't read pal.

now rather then nitpick on that, how about an actual reply to my point, which I assume you are unable to provide due to ignorance.

you simpy don't understand that a TTT in the final week would skew results to one teams favor way too much. It would not be interesting, but rather unfair. A TTT in the opening week at least allows team to have a some what fair playing ground.

I expect a "it's the same on the mountains" blah blah reply, but if you are unable to see the difference that is your issue.

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
dude i said provide support and isolate others.
Support obviously includes pacing.
you seriously can't read pal.

now rather then niotpick on that, how about an actual reply to my point, which I assume you are unable to provide due to ignorance.

you simpy don't understand that a TTT in the final week would skew results to one teams favor way too much. It would not be interesting, but rather unfair. A TTT in the opening week at least allows team to have a some what fair playing ground.

I expect a "it's the same on the mountains" blah blah reply, but if you are unable to see the difference that is your issue.

WTF is Noitpick?? is this some strange alien language?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
FlyingPortagee said:
Maybe you should learn how to spell SERIOUSLY before you call someone stupid? Are you Stupid?

oh no I did a typo, I forgot this was a grammar forum.

Second reply from you which has been an argument with no relevance.

Please if you are going to argue, at least argue the points made, not grammar and vocab.

this is cyclingnews forum you know ;)

edit: 3rd post with no relevance. Oh lawd I did a typo two posts in a row, how dare I :rolleyes: grow up.

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
oh no I did a type, I forgot this was a grammar forum.

Second reply from you which has been an argument with no relevance.

Please if you are going to argue, at least argue the points made, not grammar and vocab.
LOL, your argument is calling me stupid

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
FlyingPortagee said:
LOL, your argument is calling me stupid
actually I explained in detail why IMO TTT in a 3rd week would be bad, and my thoughts on the comparison between mountain domestiques and such.

your complete ignorance allowed me to call you delusional, but my post was still on topic. Unlike your fantastic contributions :)

anyway out of repsect to the moderators and other posters, I will only reply to a relevant post in this thread after this.

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
actually I explained in detail why IMO TTT in a 3rd week would be bad, and my thoughts on the comparison between mountain domestiques and such.

your complete ignorance allowed me to call you delusional, but my post was still on topic. Unlike your fantastic contributions :)

anyway out of repsect to the moderators and other posters, I will only reply to a relevant post in this thread after this.

Actually I think I will report you to the moderators.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Flying Portagee would make an excellent defense lawyer in America for cases such as the O.J. Simpson or Casey Anthony trials. You continually attack all relevant evidence against your case with "but, but, but" and then by being so aggressive and obnoxious, you invite more and more evidence against you until finally somebody comes up with something that is actually slightly refutable and then you use this as evidence that the entire case against you is invalid.

Anybody who thinks a TTT at the end of the Tour makes sense is a blithering idiot who either doesn't understand or doesn't appreciate bike racing.

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Best thread yet!
roflwtf.gif

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
the vagabond said:
Flying Portagee would make an excellent defense lawyer in America for cases such as the O.J. Simpson or Casey Anthony trials. You continually attack all relevant evidence against your case with "but, but, but" and then by being so aggressive and obnoxious, you invite more and more evidence against you until finally somebody comes up with something that is actually slightly refutable and then you use this as evidence that the entire case against you is invalid.

Anybody who thinks a TTT at the end of the Tour makes sense is a blithering idiot who either doesn't understand or doesn't appreciate bike racing.

LOL, way to go in comparing the TDF to 2 Murder cases! and your calling me aggressive and obnoxious!

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Lets count the ways in which this is a stupid idea:

1 teams might consist of less than 5 riders in the final week of the tour, this is not a totally imaginary scenario, which would mean that these teams need to withdraw from the tour altogether, or at least give up any ambition for the GC

2 It creates an unfair situation in which certain teams have a significant advantage over other teams solely based on the amount of riders they still have, an advantage that is not present in this extent in a regular stage.

3 Due to these and other factors, including recovery, it would have a significantly greater impact on the final GC, something which in a contest for a title for an individual is not advisable

Anyone who can add more ways, because I am sure there are other ways in which it is stupid as well

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Barrus said:
Lets count the ways in which this is a stupid idea:

1 teams might consist of less than 5 riders in the final week of the tour, this is not a totally imaginary scenario, which would mean that these teams need to withdraw from the tour altogether, or at least give up any ambition for the GC

2 It creates an unfair situation in which certain teams have a significant advantage over other teams solely based on the amount of riders they still have, an advantage that is not present in this extent in a regular stage.

3 Due to these and other factors, including recovery, it would have a significantly greater impact on the final GC, something which in a contest for a title for an individual is not advisable

Anyone who can add more ways, because I am sure there are other ways in which it is stupid as well

If you can point out the differences about having "an advantage that is not present in this extent in a regular state." I might agree with you. What exactly is the difference?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
FlyingPortagee said:
If you can point out the differences about having "an advantage that is not present in this extent in a regular state." I might agree with you. What exactly is the difference?

This has been discussed several times throughout the thread, if you have not yet understood this, you either know nothing of bike racing or you are being deliberately obtuse

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I am closing this thread because -a shas been repeatedly pointed out - the question has been asked and the answer given.

Anything more than this is trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS