• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins drama ending?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
of course he does... woudlnt surprise me if he posted here to be honest..

what was his recent comment.. "why is everyone on message boards called D1ckH3ad1972" :D

Bradley I believe in you also. I think you are the best climber and you are right to specialize in cobbles because who knows when they will come up with a jersey for the best rough rider. Instead of polka dots maybe they can have a Pee Wee Herman jersey for the guy who thinks he is really,really good. We had the Pirate,Big Mig, a Cannibal and a Badger,you should go with B-bag or Bareback. Maybe the tour organizers will throw in a velodrome stage for you.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

what was his recent comment.. "why is everyone on message boards called D1ckH3ad1972" :D

Well I have yet to see a user called 'Bradley Wiggans' on here - so I wonder what name they go under??

As was pointed out earlier - Wiggos first race is within his own team, firstly with CVV and maybe even Dan Martin.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I'm pretty sure that spelt has nothing to do with spelling. Spelt is what happens when you cross a witch and she casts an enchantment on you. After waking the next day as a frog, your first thought is, "I've been spelt!"

spelt
vb
a past tense and past participle of spell

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Spelled and spelt are both listed as valid past tense for the verb spell. (when used to mean "To name or write in order the letters constituting a word". Spelled is also valid for "To put (someone) under a spell; bewitch" or "To allow to rest a while", but spelt is not.

I've never heard spelt used... perhaps it's a US english vs UK english thing. Kind of like color vs colour or theater vs theatre.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

It's all clear now - Wiggins is really The Hog! All that September 5 stuff was just Wiggo trying to get himself over to Sky! :p

A

Anonymous

fatandfast said:
Bradley I believe in you also. I think you are the best climber and you are right to specialize in cobbles because who knows when they will come up with a jersey for the best rough rider. Instead of polka dots maybe they can have a Pee Wee Herman jersey for the guy who thinks he is really,really good. We had the Pirate,Big Mig, a Cannibal and a Badger,you should go with B-bag or Bareback. Maybe the tour organizers will throw in a velodrome stage for you.

They will have a jersey for best use of a Trojan Condom?

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
That's just pathetic on BOTH their parts. What a couple of ****ers.

well that backfired.. i heard his plan in baiting lance was to court some favour around here.. clearly that didnt work...

the haters hate the haters :D

dimspace said:
well that backfired.. i heard his plan in baiting lance was to court some favour around here.. clearly that didnt work...

the haters hate the haters :D

It's not hate in either direction. I didn't see anything to apologize about, but he essentially just made all that tough talk sound contrived. And certainly it wasn't anything to tweet about. So yeah, they are both w@nkers in my book.

Btw, his plan would have had a better chance of success if he hadn't been so afraid of upsetting the delicate sensibilities of "the guy from America."

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
It's not hate in either direction. I didn't see anything to apologize about, but he essentially just made all that tough talk sound contrived. And certainly it wasn't anything to tweet about. So yeah, they are both w@nkers in my book.

Btw, his plan would have had a better chance of success if he hadn't been so afraid of upsetting the delicate sensibilities of "the guy from America."

personally i dont think he should have apologised..

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Andy99 said:
Fair do's. It's just confirmation that in England we speak English. In America you speak American.:)

Stop... you'll confuse people. In the US we already have enough idiots that think we seriously speak a language called "American" and they think that it should be made the national language to prevent the Mexicans from taking over.

Of course that's the same group that wants to re-label "french" fries as "freedom" fries... because the French dare to question us when we attack people.

Maybe we SHOULD start speaking the British version of english. Then we can call them chips and everything will be right across the board.

kurtinsc said:
Stop... you'll confuse people. In the US we already have enough idiots that think we seriously speak a language called "American" and they think that it should be made the national language to prevent the Mexicans from taking over.

Of course that's the same group that wants to re-label "french" fries as "freedom" fries... because the French dare to question us when we attack people.

Maybe we SHOULD start speaking the British version of english. Then we can call them chips and everything will be right across the board.

I believe it's called Queen's English.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
ok wiggo talk your trash in the privacy of your little velodrome with the british tabs hoovering around you and you are a real toughy

have a mechanical at worlds and throw your bike like sunt

ask you a question at Le Tour and you run to the bus

this guys will sophomore jix in 2010.

tool

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
wiggins goes to sky

bet you Sky have done their money. Why does anybody think Brad is going to go any further. Like to see him do so, but don't think it will happen.

it is a bit of a novelty for us to have a high place finisher in a Grand Tour, and typically the good old English superiority complex has kicked in. It seems it's only a matter of turning up next year for it all to happen

TRENDING THREADS