• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Wil Lance start the 2010 Tour de France?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 22, 2010
908
0
0
Visit site
Kodiak said:
One would get the idea from the majority of internet outhouse medical experts here that LA is the Anti-Christ...

I think we already covered that. But yes, you are correct, that is the general consensus. I don't agree with it, but he is a fraud and a liar and has tested positive for epo on multiple occasions.
 
Jun 30, 2009
367
0
0
Visit site
Kodiak said:
One would get the idea from the majority of internet outhouse medical experts here that LA is the Anti-Christ...

one would also get the idea (from your record of 4 posts) that you haven't really been around here that long. let's have you hold out on the judgement until you're around 50ish. posts like that one you just made don't do much but start fights that nobody enjoys.
 
May 13, 2009
3,093
3
0
Visit site
Kodiak said:
One would get the idea from the majority of internet outhouse medical experts here that LA is the Anti-Christ...

Oh dear it's that time of the year and look what comes crawling out from under the rocks.

Kodiak, so you just joined the forum, made 4 posts, in one you insult Contador, in another you basically insult most of the regular posters. You just need to bash Lemond to check all the boxes.

It's going to be a long ignore list at the end of July. :sigh:
 
Thoughtforfood said:
For someone who donated $25,000...err, um....$100,000....well, somebody said $500,000 because of his principled stance against doping, Mr Whiney McDouchebag sure does love to tweet ever time he has to give blood.

Call me crazy, but maybe AFLD want to test for something extra? Then again, maybe they just like to think about him getting stuck by needles. I for one hope one of the people taking blood was as ham fisted as they come.

Important to test a lot before the Tour to get a good “marker” on the blood profile. Then test at the Tour and watched it dip and rise like a rollercoaster.
 
Jun 20, 2010
181
0
0
Visit site
Been lurking for quite a while. Just finally decided to start posting. Till someone other than FL comes out and says he did and then backs it up with evidence then it's just more whining because he got caught. I personally think anyone with the balls to attempt to ride over 2300km in three weeks shoulder to shoulder with 193 others at speeds in excess of 50mph gets my respect.
 
Jun 30, 2009
367
0
0
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Oh dear it's that time of the year and look what comes crawling out from under the rocks.

Kodiak, so you just joined the forum, made 4 posts, in one you insult Contador, in another you basically insult most of the regular posters. You just need to bash Lemond to check all the boxes.

It's going to be a long ignore list at the end of July. :sigh:

speaking of that, i'd like to apologize for my first few posts last year. at least some of us make it through. if anyone counts my track record as "making it through"... so probably not, i guess.
 
it would seem that if the uci testers are there -- then armstrong was probably pre-warned of their coming.

which means that the afld's visit is futile as armstrong will "have taken a shower" in preparation.

i'd rather the afld show up at a different time than the uci (having not told the uci).

btw, i think he will race and podium unfortunately.

the further uncovering of The Fraud will probably take much longer.

and frankly, i hope the fans on the roadside treat him the way he deserves. the guy is absolute scum.
 
Jun 20, 2010
181
0
0
Visit site
I don't care for most of the drama that either LA or Contador have caused. I like the race. Doesn't matter to me if it's a local crit or the TDF. I've been a racing fan for many years. Did I cheer for LA year in and year out. Do I think he had help? Yes. and in more ways than the needle. with one less nut to get pinched on the saddle he already has an advantage that no one else does.
 
Thoughtforfood said:
Not really a worst case scenario.

That would be Contador falling on the cobbles and having to pull out, and Lance winning. Then again, I think I would survive that too. I might avoid the forum till around the end of August (because the place will be cleared of Armstrong groupies by then) because I don't want to hear the blather, but I would live. I would count it as a disappointment and move on.

I might care quite a bit about Mr Armstrong having to account for the wrongs he has done others, but the TdF is just a race. Really, its just a race.

lol...........way to cover all the bases:D
 
Big Doopie said:
it would seem that if the uci testers are there -- then armstrong was probably pre-warned of their coming.

which means that the afld's visit is futile as armstrong will "have taken a shower" in preparation.

i'd rather the afld show up at a different time than the uci (having not told the uci).

btw, i think he will race and podium unfortunately.

the further uncovering of The Fraud will probably take much longer.

and frankly, i hope the fans on the roadside treat him the way he deserves. the guy is absolute scum.

kind of like the dirt bags that post in the clinic?:rolleyes:
 
Sep 4, 2009
60
0
0
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Wait, so your whole "gotcha" moment is for people to predict something and be wrong about it. That is all you have?:rolleyes:

My deluded little troll Polish, surely you can bait a hook better than that? Weak sauce my friend, weak sauce.

pot.jpg


*For the record I am not a fan of Strongarm*
 
Jun 30, 2009
367
0
0
Visit site
Kodiak said:
I don't care for most of the drama that either LA or Contador have caused. I like the race. Doesn't matter to me if it's a local crit or the TDF. I've been a racing fan for many years. Did I cheer for LA year in and year out. Do I think he had help? Yes. and in more ways than the needle. with one less nut to get pinched on the saddle he already has an advantage that no one else does.

there are two issues:

1. what you're saying (totally your prerogative)
2. how you're saying it (not really helping)

just my $.02. proceed however you want, but don't say i didn't warn you.
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
it would seem that if the uci testers are there -- then armstrong was probably pre-warned of their coming.

which means that the afld's visit is futile as armstrong will "have taken a shower" in preparation.
.

Thats what I was thinking too lol.

But I bet the AFLD were at the Hotel first.
Camping out front the day before Lance checked in:)

Does anyone know who tested Lance first - UCI or AFLD?
 
You guys should check out some of the posts out on espn.com-cycling page. A lot of Armstrong super fans/kool aid drinkers still roaming there. You just can't convince any of them, no matter what you say and hard you try! Now they say that's it's ok he doped, because everyone else does it and he rides solely for his foundation now. I can't say I agree with that.
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Visit site
ilillillli said:
there are two issues:

1. what you're saying (totally your prerogative)
2. how you're saying it (not really helping)

just my $.02. proceed however you want, but don't say i didn't warn you.

I do not think there are 2 issues - just 1. Being a Lance fan.

If a new poster comes on praising Alberto and trashing Lance,
there will be little need to reprimand or advise.
 
Jun 20, 2009
81
0
0
Visit site
arm chair champions

I would be interested in what any of the feline arm chair champions on here have achieved in their own cycling careers.....pretty easy to bash other cyclists when you havent ever suffered from riding five hundred mile weeks yourselves...course it is easy when youre a JEALOUS little puss

might be pretty amusing to see pics of some of the posters....wonder how many of them resemble butterball turkeys?
 
Jun 20, 2010
181
0
0
Visit site
roadfreak44 said:
I would be interested in what any of the feline arm chair champions on here have achieved in their own cycling careers.....pretty easy to bash other cyclists when you havent ever suffered from riding five hundred mile weeks yourselves...course it is easy when youre a JEALOUS little puss

might be pretty amusing to see pics of some of the posters....wonder how many of them resemble butterball turkeys?

:D:D:D Agreed.
 
BullsFan22 said:
You guys should check out some of the posts out on espn.com-cycling page. A lot of Armstrong super fans/kool aid drinkers still roaming there. You just can't convince any of them, no matter what you say and hard you try! Now they say that's it's ok he doped, because everyone else does it and he rides solely for his foundation now. I can't say I agree with that.

Link? I want to read.
 
Apr 9, 2009
976
0
0
Visit site
roadfreak44 said:
I would be interested in what any of the feline arm chair champions on here have achieved in their own cycling careers.....pretty easy to bash other cyclists when you havent ever suffered from riding five hundred mile weeks yourselves...course it is easy when youre a JEALOUS little puss

might be pretty amusing to see pics of some of the posters....wonder how many of them resemble butterball turkeys?

Exactly. Let's never forget that the fans exist for the benefit of the entertainers.
 
BullsFan22 said:

Classic: "Neither Lance nor Contador has shown particularly well for themselves in the early season, but I think AC has the advantage of youth over LA"

Contador has done nothing.

I love this site.

more: "The french just got booted from the FIFA tourney and now Lance is back. Gonna have their lace panties in a twist for sure. "

more: " you're saying there's a huge conspiracy to protect an American athlete in a sport where the biggest race in the world is barely watched by Americans and viewership around the world has not risen or fallen much when Lance retired and/or returned?

Remember, the French have tried to nail him for quite some time now, as have the Spanish and Italian press corps. Also, the ICU have not been the testing body for the TdF every year. They have no control over any of the testing.

You named a laundry list of riders that have been caught. Lance has been dogged by allegations well before he came to dominate the sport. He certainly wasn't too big to boot out then.

I've got a theory, too. Lance did not cheat. Funny, the evidence supports my theory a lot more than it does yours."
 
Amazing isn't it? I realize that ESPN is mostly read by Americans, and I respect everyone's opinion, no matter what their nationality or background and all the other good stuff. But a lot of the people just seem to reply angrily and briefly without any substance on that site. "You have named a laundry list....I've got a theory, too. Lance did not cheat." I guess he is pretty confident in his theory. But, alas, he had to go biking soon, so maybe that's why it was so short, ha.