• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wil Lance start the 2010 Tour de France?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 30, 2010
Visit site
boos

i recently watched the TdF 2004 time trial up alpe dhuez.....he was booed the whole way up. Seriously, if he makes it into france this year the boos will be worse than the din of the vuzvuzelahs

i would like to see that! then you have to think what the hell the point is........

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
after seeing him up close and personal at Gila, I didn't think there was any way he's be at the Tour. Then again, I guess I underestimated the value of the "special preparations".

If you're getting dropped by the likes of me, you shouldn't then be going at it with Contador 8 weeks later. I simply don't see how it's possible. Actually, I do...

As far as the investigation, I imagine that the prosecutors are on their own timeline. I'll bet they don't care a wit about the TDF one way or another, and the wheels of justice turn slowly. I doubt anything will happen by then.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
so by some peoples own admission they will vacate the threads for a period of time if armstrong starts and finishes. sad all your favorites are as doped as he is so why watch at all? im no armstrong fan but i hate bitter burn outs more than i dislike sociopaths like la. no joke some on here need to consider suicide these individuals live vicariously through athletes they hate quite sad.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
If I were Landis, I would release to the press a little bit of information every day. It would be fun watching the sh!tstorm engulf Armstrong and the Tour.

Good idea....might want to buy the WSJ this Saturday

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
roadfreak44 said:
I would be interested in what any of the feline arm chair champions on here have achieved in their own cycling careers.....pretty easy to bash other cyclists when you havent ever suffered from riding five hundred mile weeks yourselves...course it is easy when youre a JEALOUS little puss

might be pretty amusing to see pics of some of the posters....wonder how many of them resemble butterball turkeys?

yeah really im down for that. or simply put together a group ride up a good climb through some fast flats for all socal posters on these threads that would be fun im ready.:cool:

forty four said:
so by some peoples own admission they will vacate the threads for a period of time if armstrong starts and finishes. sad all your favorites are as doped as he is so why watch at all? im no armstrong fan but i hate bitter burn outs more than i dislike sociopaths like la. no joke some on here need to consider suicide these individuals live vicariously through athletes they hate quite sad.

I agree with you. And even though I poste the link for the ESPN article and wrote on how I don't believe Armstrong, it doesn't mean I won't be watching races in the future. I may not be as interested as before (partly because I was only a kid when Armstrong was dominating and I had no idea about doping, etc), but it is still fun to watch a lot of those one day classics, time trials and mountain climbs. I just wanted to point that some still believe nothing is wrong with Lance, even though pretty much every other top level cyclist has been implicated into some sort of doping scheme or has admitted himself. It's sort of like the WC football/soccer going on right now. I know that more and more people will flope and lie and fake their way through a game and possibly to victory, but I still watch and try to appreciate the other aspects of the game! Just my opinion anyway.

BullsFan22 said:
Amazing isn't it? I realize that ESPN is mostly read by Americans, and I respect everyone's opinion, no matter what their nationality or background and all the other good stuff. But a lot of the people just seem to reply angrily and briefly without any substance on that site. "You have named a laundry list....I've got a theory, too. Lance did not cheat." I guess he is pretty confident in his theory. But, alas, he had to go biking soon, so maybe that's why it was so short, ha.

"Whats really amazing is that Lance has continued to be so successful even after the "retirement". 3rd place in the Tour de France (when his team mate won 1st) for an over the hill rider coming out of retirement is pretty good. I hope he does well again this year too. I was also impressed with Lance posting results of drug tests online in an attempt to be completely transparent. This seems more like the actions of a wrongly accused man fighting to expell any doubt of his integrity more than a guilty mad trying to cover up his tracks. "

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
yeah really im down for that. or simply put together a group ride up a good climb through some fast flats for all socal posters on these threads that would be fun im ready.:cool:

My money is on Macroadie dropping you guys like a bunch of beginner triathletes.

thehog said:
"Whats really amazing is that Lance has continued to be so successful even after the "retirement". 3rd place in the Tour de France (when his team mate won 1st) for an over the hill rider coming out of retirement is pretty good. I hope he does well again this year too. I was also impressed with Lance posting results of drug tests online in an attempt to be completely transparent. This seems more like the actions of a wrongly accused man fighting to expell any doubt of his integrity more than a guilty mad trying to cover up his tracks. "

It now makes sense to me why Lance does what he does. Stupid actions like posting up his blood results for 3 minutes is not for guys like us but for the stupid dimwits who take a little bit of what Lance does and see it as one of the ten commandments.

Alpe d'Huez said:
There are too many back and forth snide insults on this thread, and I warned several of you about it. Cut the remarks, stay on topic or you'll find yourself taking a week off.

I just joined the Forum today. Am I one of those who's warned or who should stop? If my posting of anything so far is out of bounds, i will stop posting on this subject, and I apologize. If I am one of those at fault, sorry, I felt like I wasn't going too far or didn't think I posted anything offensive! If I am not one of those at fault, please ignore what I said just now, lol.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I have said a couple of times over the last two months he won't start. I still don't think he will.

I'm expecting more allegations to come out over the next week or so, I just don’t think all the cards were played in the first round of accusations by Floyd.

I’m happy to say I was wrong if he starts though.

A

Anonymous

Kodiak said:
Been lurking for quite a while. Just finally decided to start posting. Till someone other than FL comes out and says he did and then backs it up with evidence then it's just more whining because he got caught. I personally think anyone with the balls to attempt to ride over 2300km in three weeks shoulder to shoulder with 193 others at speeds in excess of 50mph gets my respect.

So child molesters are okay in your book so long as they can ride 2300km...seems like a pretty shallow measure of someone, but okay.

Oh, and if you lurked for long enough, you would have read about 7 instances where The Uniballer had naughty naughty in his pee pee. Maybe you should have just stayed a lurker, but welcome I guess...

A

Anonymous

ilillillli said:
speaking of that, i'd like to apologize for my first few posts last year. at least some of us make it through. if anyone counts my track record as "making it through"... so probably not, i guess.

Nothing to apologize for. You slung it pretty well even if I was on the other end.

A

Anonymous

roadfreak44 said:
I would be interested in what any of the feline arm chair champions on here have achieved in their own cycling careers.....pretty easy to bash other cyclists when you havent ever suffered from riding five hundred mile weeks yourselves...course it is easy when youre a JEALOUS little puss

might be pretty amusing to see pics of some of the posters....wonder how many of them resemble butterball turkeys?

I say it every year, I SWEAR that there is a Uniballer Fanboy Handbook for Posting on Cycling Forums or UFHPCF for short. Seen this post in one form or another about 1000 times...

...yea, we are all fat slobs who don't ride.:rolleyes: Of course, on the other side, I understand that on Craigslist in any given city, there are a plethora of Trek's available with minimal miles...

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I say it every year, I SWEAR that there is a Uniballer Fanboy Handbook for Posting on Cycling Forums or UFHPCF for short. Seen this post in one form or another about 1000 times...

...yea, we are all fat slobs who don't ride.:rolleyes: Of course, on the other side, I understand that on Craigslist in any given city, there are a plethora of Trek's available with minimal miles...

Funny,

Thanks for the tip. I'd never buy one new, but a lightly used one that's never experienced more than 200 watts, I'd think about it.

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
There are too many back and forth snide insults on this thread, and I warned several of you about it. Cut the remarks, stay on topic or you'll find yourself taking a week off.

Sorry, I just made it this far.

You have to know how frustrating it is for those of us who follow and participate in cycling all year, and who also post here all year. Every year around this time there are an influx of people just like those posting on this thread regarding The Uniballer. They come in with the same crap every year. Ever single year. Then they go away in August.

A

Anonymous

buckwheat said:
Funny,

Thanks for the tip. I'd never buy one new, but a lightly used one that's never experienced more than 200 watts, I'd think about it.

The problem is that many of them are cheaper aluminum models painted like USPS bikes. But you will see some carbon with 105 or Ultegra too. Those usually were taken on some MS ride once...once. Nothing wrong with MS rides, and I know some people who ride a lot and ride them, but a lot of those people on those rides do them once...once.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If Lance still has the protection of the UCI then he will start the tour. he will be very unpopular with the euros as usual. and if France arn't in the world cup there will be no distractions, he will be crucified in the french media for entertainment. france dropping out of the world cup really is a majour blow for him.

A

Anonymous

Nick777 said:
Who won - Marvellous Marvin or Sugar Ray?

Damn, why you want to make me go back and visit that fight? I always thought Marvin took it, but hey, history cannot be changed post fight.

forty four said:

+1:)

nice to see someone who gets it

TRENDING THREADS