• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Chris get desperate in 2015?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
bobbins said:
I've heard it direct from people at Sky, BSkyB and BC and had it confirmed by others close to the team.

Anonymous man on the internet claims to have heard direct evidence of doping at Sky........well that's it then....case closed...obviously very well connected Anonymous Internet Man won't be able to name sources in order to protect them

:D

Mark L

ebandit said:
Anonymous man on the internet claims to have heard direct evidence of doping at Sky........well that's it then....case closed...obviously very well connected Anonymous Internet Man won't be able to name sources in order to protect them

Mark L

And how well did it go for anyone who went against Armstrong? There's no point is coming out with the same platitudes as the pro-Armstrong fan boys did. We all know how that ended and with a bit of luck, the Sky farce will come to a crashing finale quicker than that did.

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
If homes do not get their digital tv channel reception from a main transponder,
then chances are they don't get ITV 4.
That applies to large areas of the UK.

Untrue.

Only the very rural households will struggle to pick up the signal and most of those will have migrated to satellite long before ITV4 existed.

bobbins said:
And how well did it go for anyone who went against Armstrong? There's no point is coming out with the same platitudes as the pro-Armstrong fan boys did. We all know how that ended and with a bit of luck, the Sky farce will come to a crashing finale quicker than that did.

ok, so if I understand correctly, since Sky, with their zero-tolerance, PR spins, tues and so on, are a bit too much, they deserve to come down crashing, louder than lets say... Astana or Tinkoff who are doing the same but not trying to blind the fans with their "clean team, marginal gains"?

I can understand it, in a certain way I can

pastronef said:
ok, so if I understand correctly, since Sky, with their zero-tolerance, PR spins, tues and so on, are a bit too much, they deserve to come down crashing, louder than lets say... Astana or Tinkoff who are doing the same but not trying to blind the fans with their "clean team, marginal gains"?

I can understand it, in a certain way I can

If that is your opinion, good for you.

Mellow Velo said:
If homes do not get their digital tv channel reception from a main transponder,
then chances are they don't get ITV 4.
That applies to large areas of the UK.

Really? I thought digital switchover finished in 2014, and everyone now has access to a digital terrestrial tv signal, although half the country is on digital satellite or cable in any case.

Sorry to derail the thread by the way.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
The_Juan said:
Put yourself in his shoes: You just got beaten badly by the guy you wiped the floor with the year before. What do you do now? It's not just a few watts, it's a lot of watts that Alberto stumbled upon in 2014.

If you were Froome would you risk it knowing that WADA is going to be all over you like white on rice, or do you continue on with the same training regimen you had before and hope that you fly under the radar (biological passport-wise)?

Brown rice, low glycemic index, marginal gains

RownhamHill said:
Really? I thought digital switchover finished in 2014, and everyone now has access to a digital terrestrial tv signal, although half the country is on digital satellite or cable in any case.

Sorry to derail the thread by the way.

Everyone has access to digital terrestrial tv, but if you are not able to get reception from a main transponder, you only get a limited number of channels, which does not necessarily include ITV 4.

You had read the small print here:
http://www.ukfree.tv/maps/freeview
The map below shows the Full Freeview transmitters include the commercial multiplexes and therefore provide all the channels.

Derail a Sky thread? I thought that was compulsory.:D

bobbins said:

As you seem to share a similar view to the sceptic, perhaps you could outline why the demise of Sky and the inevitable fall out at BC is such a great thing.
Since we aren't just talking pro racing here, how would this benefit the sport as a whole?
Do you see any negatives?

daveyt

BANNED
Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
gillan1969 said:
when I see a large grey creature with huge flappy ears, a trunk, a little twirly tail, making a trumpeting sound and with an aversion to mice.....I do not need a DNA kit to confirm its identity

Good. Well done. And a winning cyclist must be doped.

I do struggle with this point of view, in pretty much any sport in any generation clean or dirty there are about 1 to 4 guys or gals head and shoulders above everyone else. It's so normal that it's bland and it says nothing about how clean or dirty the actual sport is. Or do you think that Froome's unusual develpement curve isn't just because of his equally unusual carreer path? I get that it's suspicous but conclusive? Nah.

bobbins said:

Oh right....here we go again......its the old "because Armstrong" excuse......why is that when pressed all you guys can do is to make a false association between Armstrong and Sky.... it amounts to this "because Armstrong did this so are Sky"....

.....you are claiming special inside knowledge so either put up or shut up.......anybody can make any claims they want on the anonymous internet but without details they ain't worth jack and actually make the actual claim have less credibility not more

Mark L

gillan1969 said:
when I see a large grey creature with huge flappy ears, a trunk, a little twirly tail, making a trumpeting sound and with an aversion to mice.....I do not need a DNA kit to confirm its identity
But you probably do. You think you've seen an elephant, but what you've probably seen is a cartoon depiction of an elephant (real elephant's don't have little twirly tails and are unconcerned by mice). But you've seen an elephant because you want to see an elephant. Just as if you want to see a doper you'll see a doper, regardless of whether they are or not.

Mellow Velo said:
Everyone has access to digital terrestrial tv, but if you are not able to get reception from a main transponder, you only get a limited number of channels, which does not necessarily include ITV 4.

You had read the small print here:
http://www.ukfree.tv/maps/freeview

Derail a Sky thread? I thought that was compulsory.:D

Have you looked at that map, and the associated green areas which show the transmission areas? Because it appears you've posted a map showing approximately 90%+ of the UK, including all the major urban areas, are covered by a main transponder.

Its really interesting, but not sure it shows that most of the country isn't covered. . . Anyway enough from me on this!

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
The_Juan said:
Put yourself in his shoes: You just got beaten badly by the guy you wiped the floor with the year before. What do you do now? It's not just a few watts, it's a lot of watts that Alberto stumbled upon in 2014.

If you were Froome would you risk it knowing that WADA is going to be all over you like white on rice, or do you continue on with the same training regimen you had before and hope that you fly under the radar (biological passport-wise)?

the ultimate answer: "prepaid" year (2015 is Oleg's)

Anyway, back on topic.

So with regards to Bobbins claims, is there any chance you could furnish some more detail on what you've heard? No need to name names (either sources or specific riders), but a general shape of what you've heard would be interesting - have you heard a team doping approach, specific riders, etc.

And for people pouring scorn on bobbins he's usually a pretty good source on BC/Sky rumours from what I can remember, so I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Guys come on lets be sensible
There will never be agreement because those who are believers do not want to accept they have been duped again and even more so by a british team, (for those who are british)
There will be an unwillingness to accept the man behind the rise of british cycling is involved in a system wide scandal if the road team are compromised because he and half of his road team were all on the track to start with so this brings down the whole of british cycling and its legacy.

Then there is the issue of SKY itself - owned by the man who lauds himself as the man behind the machine that can make prime ministers or bring down governments. So with that machine behind team sky is it any wonder they have world class pr and marketing and have successfully turned most of the sceptic journalists into lap dogs of the team.

Then there is the fact that if a team like sky was to be busted the sport would be in turmoil and would tear itself apart. As with Lance and the reason he was never busted while he was with USPS only after he had left the sport did the world allow the dogs to go after him.

As it will be with this lot. SKY will get fed up of bankrolling the UK medal table at the Olympics and will find another sport to use to raise it's profile and then we will start to see the unraveling of the stories as those who were to scared to speak out come out of hiding and into the light.

The world turns and nothing changes, the more it changes the more it stays the same.

robertmooreheadlane said:
Guys come on lets be sensible
There will never be agreement because those who are believers do not want to accept they have been duped again and even more so by a british team, (for those who are british)
And the doubters will always stick to their point of view as they need to feel more 'knowing' than the average watcher and are safe in the knowledge that while their stance may never be proved, it can't be disproved

There will be an unwillingness to accept the man behind the rise of british cycling is involved in a system wide scandal if the road team are compromised because he and half of his road team were all on the track to start with so this brings down the whole of british cycling and its legacy.
Willingness to accept something is usually dependent on the evidence to support it. Currently there is no evidence to support 'a system wide scandal' or even a scandal involving even one person. (Also only three of the team were ever on the Olympic track team).

Then there is the issue of SKY itself - owned by the man who lauds himself as the man behind the machine that can make prime ministers or bring down governments. So with that machine behind team sky is it any wonder they have world class pr and marketing and have successfully turned most of the sceptic journalists into lap dogs of the team.
You must have missed the phone hacking scandal then - and that was far more damaging to Murdoch than any cycling scandal could be. The rest of the media could barely contain their glee. The machine didn't look so powerful then.

Then there is the fact that if a team like sky was to be busted the sport would be in turmoil and would tear itself apart. As with Lance and the reason he was never busted while he was with USPS only after he had left the sport did the world allow the dogs to go after him.
Festina, T-Mobile, Liberty Seguros. Cycling has seen it all before. Teams come and go and cycling continues.

As it will be with this lot. SKY will get fed up of bankrolling the UK medal table at the Olympics and will find another sport to use to raise it's profile and then we will start to see the unraveling of the stories as those who were to scared to speak out come out of hiding and into the light.
The National Lottery bankrolls the Olympics team. And as for the unravelling - I'd advise you pre-prepare some excuses in case it doesn't.

ebandit said:

Mark L

Anonymous man here - posting the following claim:

I have heard neither direct nor indirect evidence of doping at Sky therefore I am claiming them to be clean. If you don't agree please disprove ...

Obviously I cant post the names of people I may / may not have heard that from.

TRENDING THREADS