• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Lance get the top bunk in prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Or will Bruyneel take it. It could cause major rifts in their relationship.

It's a major issue.

Lance is not going to prison. If we are lucky, every person with even half-a-brain will agree that he was a doper. That is more than enough for me.

Dopes...

Everyone is all thrilled that Novitsky is on the case and this will be the end of LA. Novitsky is a bungling idiot who could not get a charge to stick against Barry Bonds. All of this in a time when the US government was holding hearings on the use of PEDs in baseball. If you can't get a conviction in that environment you suck as an investigator. Novitsky needs to prove fraud in the LA case, not doping. In that whole investigation Tammy Thomas was put under house arrest for perjury, not doping. LA has more money and smarter lawyers than she had and they will not let him make that mistake. Victor Conte did some time but not much, maybe a year?? He did time on money laundering, another "dopey" maneuver. Novitsky is an investigator for our government, that means he is a scale employee, he would be in the private sector if he was a real talent. He couldn't get Bonds!! Remember this people, not even on perjury.

You and I know how LA won tours but this is not within reach of Novitsky, he has to prove fraud. The majority of the people will have forgotten by the time this ever makes it to trial, if it ever does. I hate to p**s from the top of the ladder on ya but you gotta control your glee. Novitsky ain't no Elliot Ness.

071206_matthewlancebeachhouse.jpg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:
No way. He could practice giving himself the Look all day. And really, who would he rather be with than himself?

EDIT: I am assuming that prisoners in fact have access to Twitter. Now if he doesn't have twitter, well all bets are off....

he needs to talk to somebody or his brain would explode

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Everyone is all thrilled that Novitsky is on the case and this will be the end of LA. Novitsky is a bungling idiot who could not get a charge to stick against Barry Bonds.---------------------- Fanboy babble

While the groupies like to pretend (hope) that Nowitsky is Captain Clouseau the reality is he got plea deals or convictions of 10 of the 11 people in the BALCO case.....that is better then Armstrong's Tour record.

Unlike Bonds there are multiple witnesses who are talking to the Feds in the Armstrong case.

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
ManInFull said:
Lance is not going to prison. If we are lucky, every person with even half-a-brain will agree that he was a doper. That is more than enough for me.

I think that this is probably a correct assessment, although I would prefer to see him do time. The investigation will do enough to ruin his reputation (that's not too hard to do for some, but for others it will be a big revelation), but unless he is proven to have ripped off America and the rest of the world with his "charitable work," nobody will really care. If sent to prison, think about it, the only person there that will have ever heard about a "Lance Armstrong" will be Bruyneel. Everyone there will think he plays trumpet, but by the time he comes out of there, he will be known for his flute playing. A side note, ****, a very interesting application for "Prison Warden" appeared recently in the Federal Civil Service System from one, Pierre Bordry. You wonder what that's all about?

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If they had known about Flandis for months/years harassing them, and if he has something to hide, I wonder why he didn't just fade off into cancer fundraisers as Lemond predicted knowing it was about to happen? Stupidity, arrogance, innocence.. has to be one of the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS