• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Lance get to keep any TdF titles?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They will not bother stripping away his titles.
Besides, who will really keep to that. In my mind, it's still Floyd Landis who won the 2006 Tour even though he has been stripped of it. Not because I like mr.Landis or his cheating, not at all. But that's just the way with wins behind the desk.
I also still see Heras as winner of the 2005 Vuelta instead of Menchov for instance.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
eztarget said:
You Europeans are funny as well. Because no one in America would even care about the TDF if not for the guy you all hate so much.

and we in europe don't care at all wether you in america care for the tour or not.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
eztarget said:
You Europeans are funny as well. Because no one in America would even care about the TDF if not for the guy you all hate so much.

If you're in America, you should care less about the tdf and more about the local races going on in your area. No one needs america to support the tdf.

Support your local races, give a poor kid a bike, start a club in the ghetto, do something other than loving lance over and above all else.

Love cycling first, and the personnas second. End the crazy hegemony of the americans' love of fame above all else.

Build a future without doping. Spend your energies that way...

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
schnebit said:
Look, lie it or not Lance put cycling on the map here in the States. I've been riding almost 20 years and the awareness has certainly helped.

Don't forget others like Boyer (USA), Alex Steida (CAN), Steve Bauer (CAN), Greg Lemond (USA), and the whole era of the 7-11 team... and then Motorola...

Ye of the short attention span seem to think that LA is the first American to learn how to ride a bike.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Don't forget others like Boyer (USA), Alex Steida (CAN), Steve Bauer (CAN), Greg Lemond (USA), and the whole era of the 7-11 team... and then Motorola...

Ye of the short attention span seem to think that LA is the first American to learn how to ride a bike.

Andy Hampsten, Jeff Pierce..heck and I am not even American

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
indurain666 said:
Andy Hampsten, Jeff Pierce..heck and I am not even American

Me neither, but thanks... I sort of included them in the "7-11" team years, although not explicitly.

You're right! Bring on the North American history of the TDF!

Who was the first North American to wear the Maillot Jaune? Alex Steida from Canada. What American knows that?

Bring on the cleansing...

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
How nice to see the Lance haters scurrying out in droves to post their latest bits of blind hatred. Still no proof,after 12 years, he's ever doped. You all deserve an "A" in persistance.
But I'm sure this time , the "truth" will come out. Please, hold your collective breaths until it does.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
schnebit said:
Look, lie it or not Lance put cycling on the map here in the States. I've been riding almost 20 years and the awareness has certainly helped.

Cycling in the USA has been doing fine since LA retired we don't need his Omerta-enforcing-career-threatening-**** in the sport anymore.

Pablo Escobar built schools and playgrounds and I learned a lot about drug cartels, Colombia and South America from reading his biography but I don't admire the guy.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Roadrage said:
How nice to see the Lance haters scurrying out in droves to post their latest bits of blind hatred. Still no proof,after 12 years, he's ever doped. You all deserve an "A" in persistance.
But I'm sure this time , the "truth" will come out. Please, hold your collective breaths until it does.

If you call this "no proof" then I can't help you:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=8785
And this is a very incomplete list.

Since you seem so sure of yourself here's and easy one: Explain LA working with Ferrari all those years and trying to hide it? What exactly would be your explanation for that? After all this isn't speculation. Many of the "friendly" LA biographies covered this relationship?

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Roadrage said:

Hey, I don't want to seem that I'm filled with 'blind hatred' for LA. I just have a blind, unadulterated, viceral hatred of doping in cycling.

It is the scourge of this wonderful sport. I don't want to specify LA while ignoring the others (pretty much all Grand Tour stompers), he just happens to be what might be the grand catalyst to finally clean this **** up. With his media and financial machine behind him (historically unprecedented in this sport), and with his endless stream of vindictiveness and holiness, well... he's sort of asking for it.

Am I persistent? Hell yes! GET DOPING OUT OF CYCLING!

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Cycling in the USA has been doing fine since LA retired we don't need his Omerta-enforcing-career-threatening-**** in the sport anymore.

Pablo Escobar built schools and playgrounds and I learned a lot about drug cartels, Colombia and South America from reading his biography but I don't admire the guy.
He also murdered people, ruined people's lives, and terrorized a country. It is a terrible comparison.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
He also murdered people, ruined people's lives, and terrorized a country. It is a terrible comparison.

No, actually same central point: doing one or two good things does't mean you get a pass on all the bad things you do in your life such as lie, bully and coincidentally try to ruin people's livelihood's.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
I could care less as long as I do not have to watch the same narcissistic displays that have occurred in 2009 and 2010....

Please GOD...give me a TDF (or any GT) w/o this dude!

Thank you GOD!

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
800,000 a year to run a city or 2 million a week to ride your bike around and "raise awareness of cancer" based on cheating to win a race 7 times?

We don't know if he cheated. I doubt it any ways. Pics or it didn't happen :p

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
No, actually same central point: doing one or two good things does't mean you get a pass on all the bad things you do in your life such as lie, bully and coincidentally try to ruin people's livelihood's.

If I trace your IP will it lead me to Lemond's house? :p

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
To answer the original question, proof that LA committed fraud only implies he doped, it doesn't prove it, therefore he will keep all 7 wins unless the proof that he commited fraud also proves he doped.

But seriously, what do i know?

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
armstrong said:
Ullrich doped too. So it goes to the 3rd place finisher?

Lance Fanboy, you said "too". That confirms that you believe your Lord and Savior, Lance Armstrong, doped. Glad to see you come around to reality. :)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
oldschoolnik said:
If you call this "no proof" then I can't help you:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=8785
And this is a very incomplete list.

Since you seem so sure of yourself here's and easy one: Explain LA working with Ferrari all those years and trying to hide it? What exactly would be your explanation for that? After all this isn't speculation. Many of the "friendly" LA biographies covered this relationship?

There seems to be a fundamental lack of understanding of the nature of "evidence" in the discussions about Lance Armstrong. Having read the very incomplete list (sic) of proof posted by 'Realist' I can say that, at best, some of it is 'as-yet unchallenged' testimony and the rest of it is merely conjecture. The continuity of the samples supposedly stored or found in someone's bedroom won't survive cross examination for a second. None of it is proof that Lance Armstrong took performance enhancing drugs. The assertion that Lance is guilty and will be stripped of anything is grossly premature. Unless they can come up with something concrete, something that will satisfy the burden of proof of the Court in which these hearings will be heard, unless the offences are tried in the jurisdiction in which they were allegedly committed, then Lance Armstrong will be found to have no case to answer.

Seeing this legal action as a 'done deal' is pretty naive to say the least. I mean we're talking about a system that let OJ Simpson walk.

For the record, I am skeptical about the 'condition' of the TdF podium finishers over the last 15 years. I am also skeptical about Floyd's testimony.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I don't think that was his point.

Regardless, it would be the ASO doing the stripping.

Moose, why don't you quit while you are behind.I admit, not all of your posts are dumb but this one was. In the extremely unlikely event of a conviction being handed down to Armstrong (and thats just allowing for one of your quantum leaps of speculation) there is no proof at all that any of his victories 00-05 were won as a result of doping so why would they or could they strip him of any titles.

Leave this theory now and move on to your next LA hate mail, some of them are amusing but I am bored with this one.