• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Lance get to keep any TdF titles?

When he's indicted for FRAUD will the TdF allow him to keep any titles?
His alleged actions are far more serious than simple PED use.

Will we see the TdF move to defend the image of cycling and strip Lance of his allegedly fraudulent victories? If he's convicted in a court of law, I think the TdF will vacate the TdF victories from 1999-2005.

That will, of course, return Lemond to his rightful place as the greatest American cyclist ever.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:

Will we see the TdF move to defend the image of cycling and strip Lance of his allegedly fraudulent victories? If he's convicted in a court of law, I think the TdF will vacate the TdF victories from 1999-2005.

That will, of course, return Lemond to his rightful place as the greatest American cyclist ever.

Wow, you are a major troll. Do we really need anymore stupid and pointless hate thread on Lance.

Moose McKnuckles said:

what would that give Ullrich 6 tdf titles, wow.

But yes Lance will keep all of his tdf titles. It would be a move unprescedented in sport and would give cycling nothing but bad attention - so the organisers will never open that can of worms + since most of the guys lance beat were doped, who should the titles go to.

and other cyclists have got to keep their titles, even if it was proven afterwards they were doped so i cant see this changing.

The UCI wants to move on. That was a dark era for them and they will continue to try and claim that it is a new era now, lets start from scratch

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
If any conviction is simply for fraud or misappropriation, I wouldn't have thought so. Mike Tyson wasn't stripped on any of his previous victories when he was convicted of a far more serious crime.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
what would that give Ullrich 6 tdf titles, wow.

But yes Lance will keep all of his tdf titles. It would be a move unprescedented in sport and would give cycling nothing but bad attention - so the organisers will never open that can of worms + since most of the guys lance beat were doped, who should the titles go to.

and other cyclists have got to keep their titles, even if it was proven afterwards they were doped so i cant see this changing.

The UCI wants to move on. That was a dark era for them and they will continue to try and claim that it is a new era now, lets start from scratch

Even Landis has stated yesterday that if wasn't Armstrong, it would have been someone else on the same sauce.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:

This is ridiculous, stop making all these pointless LA bashing threads.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
ericthesportsman6 said:
This is ridiculous, stop making all these pointless LA bashing threads.

What's rediculous about it, the demise of Armstrong will be the biggest talking point in the sport for a long time to come, get used to it or haunt another forum.

Thing is all this kind of talk about Lance means we are about to usher in a new era or cycling, that has to be a good thing

BroDeal said:
I say strip them. Having a mid-grade pro with no GT talent juice his way to seven Tour titles discredits the sport. We might as well be watching professoinal wrestling.

Worse than that. They'd have a criminal mid-grade pro with no GT talent who defrauded the US Government and cheated his way to 7 wins.

Of course, we'll have to see how the investigation for FRAUD plays out. I'm sure ASO is taking a keen interest in this.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
You guys are dreamin'.

You DO realize that Thevenet admitted to taking cortisone just a few short months after winning the 1977 Tour? And nobody did sh!t! Probably, one of the reasons Bjarne was re-instated. Lance will keep all of his titles.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
It's about FRAUD, not doping. Why is it so hard for some of you to get that distinction?

How does committing fraud have anything to do with bike racing?

I think you are assuming he gets convicted.....I think you are delusional. You probably thought that the Governor of Illinois would get convicted.

the results to the race won't change.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
So being convicted of Fraud in the USA will automatically convince an international governing agency UCI, ASO whatever, to declare LA's seven victories null and void? Still don't see that happening.

TRENDING THREADS