• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will SKY make this ToF the most boring ever?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will SKY make this ToF boring ever?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 19, 2011
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
There is a reason that Froome can only follow Nibali.

not really he is not that impressive in today's stage, gaps are often closed by W. Maybe he is thinking he is not going to disobey team order, why bother wasting energy save for the vuelta:D

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say the most boring ever, as it certainly had its moments. However, it became painfully clear on a pretty early stage that Nibali was the only one good enough to actually compete with Sky, and you knew that he needed like 5 minutes in the mountains to win it (from 2,5 mins down to 2,5 min before final TT). So, the GC battle was a bore but...

Its building up to a pretty awesome centenary edition of the Tour. You'll have the time trialist (Wiggins), taking on the greatest grand tour rider of his generation (Contador) and his eternal nr 2 (Andy). You have my personal facourite Nibali as a dark horse, along with up and coming french riders Rolland and Pinot, aka the greatest french talent since Hinault. Add in Van Garderen, who should be better next year, and solid gc riders such as Van den Broeck, and you have at least a decent recipe for a good Tour...

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
maxmartin said:
yep officially most boring ever

Regarding the GC I agree - boring as hell. Most interesting part was Froome humiliating Wiggins yesterday. Oh and nice to see a rising star as Pinot. Hope he will stay in top 10 after the TT

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Cimber said:
Regarding the GC I agree - boring as hell. Most interesting part was Froome humiliating Wiggins yesterday. Oh and nice to see a rising star as Pinot. Hope he will stay in top 10 after the TT

I don't think he humiliated him at all, I thought he was just being a complete tosser and I hope Wiggins smashes him in the ITT. His sprinting off and waving Wiggins up to him in the final 2km when the Tour was already won was pathetic. So what so he can surge, I have no doubt that Wiggins would pull him back were they on separate teams and I have even less doubt that AC will make him look like the boy he is when they meet. His behaviour from an employee and team member perspective was totally unacceptable.

I do however agree about Pinot. Great to see a new French talent. I just hope he turns out to be the real deal over the next few years.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Will SKY make this ToF boring ever?

They sure did!
But it won´t help much either there are no contenders to challenge.
Can´t wait for the real guys to return.

rubens-barrichello.jpg
chrisfroome_20120629.jpg

Apollonius said:
LMAO!

You obviously know absolutely nothing about Formula One.

Stick to two wheels buddy.

I was just thinking about guys who would be #1 at other teams but are clearly #2 at their own, and where one team was so superior than all the others that it made the event dull.

At least Rubens was clearly #2 in terms of talent at his team.

Also, the thread is about would Team Sky's domination make this TDF super-boring. And it reminded me of Formula 1 in the Schumi years, when I turned off. Just as the only excitement we've been given in these years was Froome going off the front only to pull back and be subservient to Wiggins, the only excitement we got in F1 in those years was those rare occasions Ferrari's #2 driver was ahead of their #1 guy. And even then they'd find ways to slow him down... and just like Froome, Barrichello toed the party line but showed he wasn't happy about it in ways.

I know plenty about motorsport and will happily engage you in conversation about the world of sportscar racing, which is easily my favourite motorsporting world, if you're prepared to cool it with the superiority complex.