• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will SKY make this ToF the most boring ever?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will SKY make this ToF boring ever?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
icebreaker said:
Anyone who thinks this is the most boring tour ever must either have a very short memory, or just doesn't like the fact that the dominant team isn't American.

There is nothing going on here that didn't go on for all 7 years of the Armstrong era.

Those were dull tours.

Armstrong was more exciting to watch. At least he attacked after his team was done. Sky just rides tempo until the finish. Note that I'm not saying Armstrong made the Tours really exciting. Just compared to what Sky is doing now, he wasn't that bad. But as you said yourself in your last two sentences, this is a dull tour.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Boring GC fight this year

I'm affraid this course has very little things that can shake up the GC. In particular with such a strong team as SKY in control. SKY will cruise their way to Paris. Haven't seen any thing like this since L.A.'s glory days.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
DominicDecoco said:
This years Tour has been twice the race that Giro was.

This. There were at least 3 stages that are to be considered best racing this year. Giro had none in my opinion ( De Gednt and Rabottini's individual rides saved the Giro from utter fail in my view, I still enjoy it though ).

There's nothing about Sky here but general racing is much better than it was at Giro.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
i never understand some route design, especially put many KM after the mountain, what's the point? Today is OK, but not great either. Stage 12 is just absurd, when you look at it, you are wondering did the organizer put it backwards?

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Yes cyclists have such a wonderful history of telling the truth. Especially ones who used to dump certain things on the side of the road - ref: CA/O'Grady.

History is a wonderful thing, if you want to look in the past it's easy to find fault. Here and now.

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Yes cyclists have such a wonderful history of telling the truth. Especially ones who used to dump certain things on the side of the road - ref: CA/O'Grady.

Besides, whats your historical reference got to do with the Thread title? feel free to enlighten...

roundabout said:
Speaking of this thread, what was up with Eisel and EBH today? Were they trying to make the Tour boring by waving their hands at riders trying to break away? :p

618786222.jpg

618786239.jpg

from jose been on twitter

MonteZoncolan said:
Besides, whats your historical reference got to do with the Thread title? feel free to enlighten...

Sorry but the way Jens treated Ullrich the man should hang his head in shame. Especially what Jens used to get up to. Stop parading around these guys if they’re some sort of Jesus figure on clean cycling. Jens has seen it all, done it all and lived to tell the tale. Well done to him for surviving that era. But stop using guys like this to bash people over the head on the apparentness of clean cycling today. It’s the same as getting Lance to tell us how clean cycling was in 2009. This video says absolutely nothing. Use your head for petes sake before writing these posts.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
roundabout said:
Speaking of this thread, what was up with Eisel and EBH today? Were they trying to make the Tour boring by waving their hands at riders trying to break away? :p

I know, how dare the other teams race FFS.

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Sorry but the way Jens treated Ullrich the man should hang his head in shame. Especially what Jens used to get up to. Stop parading around these guys if they’re some sort of Jesus figure on clean cycling. Jens has seen it all, done it all and lived to tell the tale. Well done to him for surviving that era. But stop using guys like this to bash people over the head on the apparentness of clean cycling today. It’s the same as getting Lance to tell us how clean cycling was in 2009. This video says absolutely nothing. Use your head for petes sake before writing these posts.

Wow. Quite a hypocritical statement from you there Hog.

As for parading these guys as Jesus figures...oh please. These are my words...
'Quality interview. Jens discussing how it's the riders (all the riders) that make the race interesting, not one team. Also mentions the parcours.*'

I'd ask you to use your head before writing your posts, but you clearly are! ;)