• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

With races being cancelled, what are you watching,?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Currently the NFL Network talking about the only current sports news of the NFLPA approving the new collective bargaining agreement.
There's some PBA Bowling on FS1 right now, without any fans, though.

Okay, so beggars can't be choosers, but bowling isn't actually halfway bad to watch if you've ever bowled before. (I was always super stoked when I hit the very rare 7-10 split shot. I'd say it's even more rewarding than getting a turkey.)

There's some PBA Bowling on FS1 right now, without any fans, though.

Okay, so beggars can't be choosers, but bowling isn't actually halfway bad to watch if you've ever bowled before. (I was always super stoked when I hit the very rare 7-10 split shot. I'd say it's even more rewarding than getting a turkey.)

Wow, we found something still continuing. I guess they can do more social distancing plus it's a non contact sport and shouldn't result in injuries. You're right, beggers can be choosers.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Iñigo Elosegui (one of Movistar's young riders) did a video for youtube and was showing many old magazines that were his grandfathers and telling different stories that were in them. Yes it's in Spanish, but there are subtitles. Near the end he shows a couple of old jerseys and shorts as well. Here's the link if anyone is interested:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=lhSQ7zKhy9U&feature=emb_logo

Last edited:
I can't get myself to watch those old races, smth I normally enjoy. It just feels like from a different time right now. Same with movies, you see people hanging out, almost immediately the thought of how this right now (and god knows until when..) would be impossible crosses my mind. That somehow takes a the pleasure out of it...

I saw somewhere the NBA said they are hoping to restart sometime in June. It would be behind "closed doors".

It’s conceivable that sports that can be played in a highly controlled environment with no crowds and that have relatively small playing and coaching staffs could get going by then. Particularly if it’s a big money sport with big potential tv audiences. There would be huge demand, so if the healthcare system is functional (a very big if), no expense would be spared monitoring and testing players. The NBA seems the likeliest candidate among major team sports.

It depends on the virus being more or less under control and the healthcare system not being completely overwhelmed though.

Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS