• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

With races being cancelled, what are you watching,?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, especially nice to see it from the angle of Movistar who played such important roles in all three Grand Tours.

I also like how Arrieta and Lastras continue to justify their attack on stage 19. It was pre-planned and the final opportunity to win the Vuelta. Too bad that Roglic crashed when he did but it was outright scandalous that the commissaires allowed the cars to help Roglic and López to bridge back up.

That final week is really growing on me, also with stage 17. What a week of racing we got there.

And Valverde after stage 20 saying "2nd place at 39 years of age. Next year, I'll win. I'm progressing" is a gem.

LOL that is great.

Unfortunately no netflix and really don't want to get it. Maybe they'll release this as a DVD or something.

Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
I have just finished all six episodes of "El Dia Menos Pensado" in sudden, where a movistar executice called Carapaz as disloyal after La Vuelta upon his departure. But i did not get the point. Hadn't it already been announced that he would be joining Ineos after clinching the Giro victory?

I have just finished all six episodes of "El Dia Menos Pensado" in sudden, where a movistar executice called Carapaz as disloyal after La Vuelta upon his departure. But i did not get the point. Hadn't it already been announced that he would be joining Ineos after clinching the Giro victory?

It hadn't been announced but it was a public secret.

I think Lastras' (who really seemed like a no-nonsense type of person) anger also stemmed from the fact that Carapaz had attended and crashed at a criterium in the Netherlands without letting the team know.

Reactions: UBKing10
Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, i also agree that it was really irresponsible and unprofessional move that implementing a training program without informing the team right before a grand tour. But Lastras looked pissed off to me just because of his decision of joining the Ineos. Anyway, thanks for the response man. I am new in town of cycling news. Becoming impatient for cycling season to restart to give us new topics to discuss.

Definitely a missed opportunity to use Femke van den Driessche in the interview section for Lady on the E-Bike, though.
I cannot disagree with this. However, what was your fave stage of this absolutely mind-blowing stage race?

Personally I would have to go with stage 6 or 7 (or whatever those stages were), it's when the Tinder dates were just not jiving at all. It's almost like IRL pro cycling teammates not jiving - I do not foresee any kind of favorable future for them at all.

It hadn't been announced but it was a public secret.

I think Lastras' (who really seemed like a no-nonsense type of person) anger also stemmed from the fact that Carapaz had attended and crashed at a criterium in the Netherlands without letting the team know.
Lastras is the best, really really liked him as a cyclist. He has stage wins in all GTs and his favorite race was Giro di Lombardia .

Those RvV behind the scenes have been fascinating. I have been going to watch the Ronde for the last 16 years and it's superb to see that. I was at the bottom of the Kwaremont the year Gilbert took his win and the atmosphere with the helicopter, the tension was building, he came around the corner and into view and all of a sudden the crowd went mental. It was an electric atmosphere.

Tour de Quarantine stage 10.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDPPDH_pU6Q

I can't believe Zwifter would just go past Very Very Cute Dog like that! And also, what happened to Jimmy John's Delivery Guy?
(I'm getting oddly invested in this race.)
Glad Trailer Guy got that big contract thanks to signing on with Very Very Cute Dog's team. And it was nice of Lady On Ebike to stop by and pet Very Very Cute Dog even though she was losing a lot of time!

Recumbent Dude has been MIA for a while now, and I've never actually spotted Rides a Tenspeed Everywhere Guy. Hope their camps are doing ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedheadDane

TRENDING THREADS