• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

With races being cancelled, what are you watching,?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
I dedicate my day time to watch highlights of any cycling tournament Now, I am watching a highlights of 2020 UCI Track. In night time, I watch different movies but recently, I completed a series of Avengers from first movies. Now, i just start to watch Japanese anime with using vpn because I got a 7 days trial. I think it will also helpful to you. https://www.purevpn.com/

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!

I love the commentary, we all know what the Recumbent Dude is all about, we've all encountered his kind. Glad to see him back in the race anyway, and yes, Guy In Orange's riding position surely will raise an eyebrow even among the most amateur of riders.

Anyway, go Very Very Cute Dog, go!

Reactions: RedheadDane
After watching the Movistar doc I compulsively searched for anything cycling related on Netflix, Prime, Disney+ (yes, I'm that desperate), etc and stumbled upon this miniseries called Eat.Race.Win on Prime. It follows Orica-Scott during the 2017 Tour de France and focuses on their nutrition strategies, but there are interesting bits on the DS/riders relationship too.

If you haven't seen, give it a shot.

Apr 6, 2020
Visit site
i dont like watching old cycling races. So i have been exercising , playing ps4( have finished 4 games already), working from home, trying to complete my watch list( shows like into the dark), watching masked singer on hulu., reading books, studying online courses and trying to retain my sanity during isolation (My family is in US while i am in the uk)

Final Stage.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtWB8O3DRj4

Very Very Cute Dog won the GC!
Wonderful, just wonderful, I'm feeling so emotional right now. Good dog, Very Very Cute Dog!

Also, I'm just catching up on this very heated race, thought stage 13 was exceptionally competitive. (Even though they did lose the sprinters once the first huge climb came up, and Trailer Guy DNF'ed, probably because those hairpins were much too tough to negotiate with having to haul that trailer and whatnot.) For those who haven't seen yet...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XLB3V-WuBw

Anyway, this has been fun, I thought the people who came up with this whole idea did a pretty cool job.

Last edited:
I'm still going on 60 to 90min long solo hikes in the woods every day, that keeps me mentally sane. I've also done a few workouts with a total volume of +100 pull-ups, one in around 30min, the other one in under 20min.
Next Sunday will be a huge bummer, watching a big one day race on Easter with my dad is a tradition and nothing beats Paris - Roubaix on Easter.

I've also done a few workouts with a total volume of +100 pull-ups, one in around 30min.
One in about half an hour: that would be my rate for pull-ups too.

Next Sunday will be a huge bummer, watching a big one day race on Easter with my dad is a tradition and nothing beats Paris - Roubaix on Easter.
And plenty of rain forecast for Sunday too...

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
In fairness to Mayomaniac, I think he wasreporting himself as doing a routing that included 100 pull-ups, and who knows what else, in 20-30 minutes.

My half-hour per pull-up comment is purely hypothetical: having been free of bullying PE teachers for more than 40 years, it is about that long since I last tried one.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
In fairness to Mayomaniac, I think he wasreporting himself as doing a routing that included 100 pull-ups, and who knows what else, in 20-30 minutes.

My half-hour per pull-up comment is purely hypothetical: having been free of bullying PE teachers for more than 40 years, it is about that long since I last tried one.
Yeah well, this was my first time trying to do a pull-up since I was a gymnast back when I was about 12 yrs. old, let's just say (some 40yrs later) things didn't go very well. :tearsofjoy:

Earlier in the year I got a subscription for FloBikes (I'm in the US)... I can't get myself to cancel it so I've been watching some of their back catalog, in particular races I previously never bothered much with or don't know/remember the results of. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised; case in point, the 2019 GP Impanis (Primus Classic) - while watching the early parts of the finale I thought it'd end up a boring sprinterfest, but the finale was actually totally riveting, featuring some fantastic team work (won't spoil it in case someone wants to watch it)...

Earlier in the year I got a subscription for FloBikes (I'm in the US)... I can't get myself to cancel it so I've been watching some of their back catalog, in particular races I previously never bothered much with or don't know/remember the results of. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised; case in point, the 2019 GP Impanis (Primus Classic) - while watching the early parts of the finale I thought it'd end up a boring sprinterfest, but the finale was actually totally riveting, featuring some fantastic team work (won't spoil it in case someone wants to watch it)...

Yeah, that one included some pretty nifty tactics, there.

I have picked up on some unusual and obscure races on youtube too. I have been watching the 2020 Rutas de América from Uruguay lately, which has hour-long broadcasts of each stage.

Just watched 1981 and 1991 P-R on Eurosport. Hinault just rode away from some of the best ever in the velodrome in 81, and Madiot's 91 victory drove the crowd nuts when he entered alone.

Some observations: Fignon's ponytail and glasses FTW. Great to see him and LeMond in 91. Also, the bikes in the early 90s might have been the most aesthetically pleasing, although those low brake hoods! To me 91 looked like a "modern" race, while 81 still had a whiff of the old days, not sure why. It might be due to the lack of helmets/sunglassese in 81 and the preponderance of black woolies, as well as to wider gearing. No spinning a low gear, that's for sure...I'm guessing 11-21 6 speed with 39/53 was standard in 81?

Also, while there may have been more cobbled kms back then, they looked a bit easier because there were a lot of asphalt patches and riders could go whole sections in the gutter. Whereas now the gutters are blocked off and the some of the cobble sections have been "restored."

There were also way too many motos. And the 81 race made me dizzy because there were no motion stabilizers on the TV cameras...

Reactions: Pantani_lives
Latest was 1997 P-R.

Tchmil and Moncassin absolutely blew it, maybe not as bad as Alaphilippe/Fuglsang in Amstel last year but pretty close. They were handed a gift when Museeuw flatted, and said, "Nah, we'd rather finish fourth and eighth than first and second." Even with 400 meters to the velodrome, they were still playing patty cake with the chasers breathing down their neck. I felt kind of bad for Museeuw who had to drag the break back with Wouters and Planckaert from Lotto doing their best to do nothing in support of Tchmil. Then Guesdon walked away with the win...I'm sure there was more than a tiny bit of bitterness in the Lotto hotel that night.

The funniest part of the broadcast is when Henk Vogels went off the front with about 40 km to go and the announcers noticed he was wearing a radio mic. They at first thought he was listening to music then realized it was one of them new-fangled radios "that lets them communicate with the team car." Apparenly only 2 riders per team had them. "Une vrai revolution..." If they only knew...the racing seemed much more wide open back then when the gaps remained a bit of a mystery.

One thing that strikes me when I'm watching all these old races is how many more flats there were than today. Also how many more motos. Really dangerous.

TRENDING THREADS