• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

women are right!

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
theyoungest said:
It shouldn't be surprising that some fans of a sport dominated by white, Caucasian men hold views such as the one above. Just by displaying an interest in women's racing you're considered a "feminist" in the eyes of these people.

Not at all, but there does seems to be a correlation. As others have noted, it certainly LOOKS like it's a human rights issue for many here. Just based on their arguments. I'm not white or "Caucasian," by the way. I'm happy the sport is diversifying somewhat on the highest level. It's a ridiculous assertion anyway, that white dominance has anything to do with a global preference for men's sports, exceptions notwithstanding.

I acknowledged that some fans aren't like the majority (3 posts above). Sure, some would like to watch it all, including U23, including women's cycling, etc., but there are reasons to believe that it will be tough to commercialize it. U23 as well. The sport is probably too small for that.

TRENDING THREADS