• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Championship 2024 - Men's U23 Road Race: Uster-Zürich (173.5 km)

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MvDP will have a hard time to follow Pog on the longer climb if Pog fully sends it. The rest of the course is really good for MvdP. The plateau after the long cimb is good for MvdP. He won't have a problem to fllow Pog there on the kickers.
If you get dropped on Kwaremont you get dropped here unless you specifically only get dropped on Kwaremont cause you've been taking turns the last 60kms.

UAE turning up with half the team and going home with nothing, you love to see it.
Myopic views just are..
UAE w 2 twenty year olds in the break, 2 in the top 6, Jan Christen and Isaac Del Toro both getting decent results in ITT and Del Toro constantly improving on time trial bike and position. To say UAE got nothing has to be true, racing for country not trade team. UAE huge winner in U23..Hirschi racing lights out before exit to another team.. and UAE w elder statesman grand tour winner 26 years old.. Would say things look f@@king great for UAE. Del Toro absolutely destroying people up the climbs..in September.. He had a win in first pro race he ever did in Australia in January!! Breakaway 3 days in Vuelta and got combative rider award in one stage of his first grand tour.. UAE regardless of age or nationality have been absolutely fantastic all year!!

Reactions: memyselfandI
Myopic views just are..
UAE w 2 twenty year olds in the break, 2 in the top 6, Jan Christen and Isaac Del Toro both getting decent results in ITT and Del Toro constantly improving on time trial bike and position. To say UAE got nothing has to be true, racing for country not trade team. UAE huge winner in U23..Hirschi racing lights out before exit to another team.. and UAE w elder statesman grand tour winner 26 years old.. Would say things look f@@king great for UAE. Del Toro absolutely destroying people up the climbs..in September.. He had a win in first pro race he ever did in Australia in January!! Breakaway 3 days in Vuelta and got combative rider award in one stage of his first grand tour.. UAE regardless of age or nationality have been absolutely fantastic all year!!
I have no idea what I'm reading.

• Haha
Reactions: Jumbot
Denmark won nine medals at U 23 between 2011 and 2021. So expectations are high, and so they should be.
So you would prefer having Quaade, Wurtz Schmidt and Lasse Norman Leith winning medals in the U23 worlds than Vingegaard fighting for the Tour and Pedersen competing for the biggest classics?
I'd guess everything comes as a trade and would you change Vingegaard's success for a gold at the U23 worlds from a guy you'll never hear again?

I have no idea what I'm reading.
An obsessed man's rant because you've made a remark about UAE team, but fooled you be not, it's actually about Del Toro, the object of his obsession, so there's the need to explain to us all how everything is going well in the richest and best team in the world and how Isaac had a great season...
Widar>Del Toro though... ;)

Nordhagen really bad and was about to do the TT too before he disappeared from startlist without replacement, maybe he doesn't have the minerals in this bad weather.
And Behrens is an interesting rider with his size, who needs Van Dijkes if the rumor is true