• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Championships 2024: Men's Road Race (September 29)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Who wins a two up sprint between Remco and Tadej ? The betting odds are part of the answer. But I don't think it will come down to that. I think Pogacar will get away from Remco and MVdP on the 3rd last lap of the city circuit and Pog haters will then have about two hours to contemplate the inevitable.

Obviously I hope for no crashes but it looks like it will be a dry race which is a relief.

Who wins a two up sprint between Remco and Tadej ? The betting odds are part of the answer. But I don't think it will come down to that. I think Pogacar will get away from Remco and MVdP on the 3rd last lap of the city circuit and Pog haters will then have about two hours to contemplate the inevitable.

Obviously I hope for no crashes but it looks like it will be a dry race which is a relief.
The only way Remco beats Pog is by dropping him in a long range attack which is unlikely. So on that basis I don’t expect Remco to be world champion by tomorrow evening. I think MVDP could win it in a 2 up sprint.

1. MVDP
2. Pog
3. Remco

Reactions: Pannenkooky
Do we think any chance of an outsider (relative to Pog and Remco anyway) doing well? I was thinking someone like Hirschi could be a threat here with the form he's in, or maybe Van Gils, Ala, Bilbao sort of guys could cause an upset and beat one of Remco or Pog
I could totally see a group of "secondary riders" getting away (say Maduas, Schmid, Powless...) and someone staying away. I don't think it's unreasonable to put small bet on someone like Mauro Schmid on 120/1.

Oh lawd he comin

GYlu0PwXkAAGaGR