• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Championships Course

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
It seems that every cyclingnews report about the world championships stresses that this year's course will the hardest since the 2003 world championships in Hamilton, Ontario. I live in Hamilton, and have ridden that course, and while I wouldn't presume to say that I could have kept up with the world's elite, it didn't seem that demanding. There was one short, steepish climb and one longer, but not-so-steep climb. I can imagine it would wear on you over multiple laps, but are the world championship courses typically flatter?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
it's the same almost every year. the closer the worlds get the tougher the course becomes.

if they say it's a pure climbers course this year, don't be surprised if freire, pozzato and canc are still there with 20km to go.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I like cunego, he is due for a big result this season and lets face it, no team controls the race like italy does!

I agree, I'd like to see Cunego take it. Andy Schleck stands a chance too..

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
My money is on Valverde, the Italian team isn't as good as last year and I guess Spain is quite eager to secure their first win since Freire in 2004. Their squad looks very very strong as well.

TRENDING THREADS