• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Championships Innsbruck 2018

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
tobydawq said:
LaFlorecita said:
Seriously, after watching all categories race this parcours, I think the inclusion of that final climb for the Elite men can only be negative.

Is it better to just have one rider going solo 50 kms out? That's the most boring thing in cycling if you ask me.

I don't like the inclusion of the hill either, though, but that's more a matter of principle - steep does not equal good or exciting.
Yeah, I'd rather watch a race with full-on racing from 50+ km out, than a closed race until the final ascent.
I think there are a lot of riders from a lot of countries that need to attack if they want to stand a chance. And which countries will do the work? France, Spain, Colombia? Any others?

LaFlorecita said:
tobydawq said:
LaFlorecita said:
Seriously, after watching all categories race this parcours, I think the inclusion of that final climb for the Elite men can only be negative.

Is it better to just have one rider going solo 50 kms out? That's the most boring thing in cycling if you ask me.

I don't like the inclusion of the hill either, though, but that's more a matter of principle - steep does not equal good or exciting.
Yeah, I'd rather watch a race with full-on racing from 50+ km out, than a closed race until the final ascent.

This is not exactly full-on racing though is it? Peloton stopped riding completely. Van Der Breggen and Van Vleuten are just ridiculously strong, which kills the race.

sir fly said:
Red Rick said:
El Pistolero said:
sir fly said:
Anna van der Breggen vs. Remco Evenepoel would be an interesting duel.

Doubt it lol.
I don't doubt it.

I know that it's not.
Yeah... You're right.
Anna would destroy him.

This was a good race.
Every girl for herself.
Well done by VdB.

Remco was 1:40 faster than Van Der Breggen in the ITT.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

sir fly said:
Red Rick said:
El Pistolero said:
sir fly said:

Doubt it lol.
I don't doubt it.

I know that it's not.
Yeah... You're right.
Anna would destroy him.

This was a good race.
Every girl for herself.
Well done by VdB.

She was one minute and 50 seconds slower in the time trial than Remco Evenepoel.

sir fly said:
Red Rick said:
El Pistolero said:
sir fly said:

Doubt it lol.
I don't doubt it.

I know that it's not.
Yeah... You're right.
Anna would destroy him.

This was a good race.
Every girl for herself.
Well done by VdB.

Ignoring the fact that Remco is way faster than her in the TT, it is a well known fact that decent high school kids can regularly beat top women players, and Remco is way better than your generic decent high school kid.

VDB has absolutely 0 chance against Remco.