• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Championships preview thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think going forward, you need to see this event on the Weds/Thurs. Having it on the Friday means riders doing their event on the Saturday will be reluctant to take part. The MTB Worlds Relay is on the Wednesday from memory....
It definitely needs to be as early as possible in the schedule. I think it worked fairly well today despite the lack of participants as it was dry. If the course had loads of practice on it and its muddy and cut up, then gaps that open might not be brought back by even the strongest of riders.

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
Don’t really know what to say about the team relay. Possibly it could develop into something interesting. This was just… odd?

Impressed by the U23 Italian men, particularly their last rider. Looked amazing and completely in control on the bike. A man for the future.

Dan Soete was fastest with a 6:58 lap followed by Vandeputte at 7:09. The two Italian U23 came in at impressive 7:10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
Don’t really know what to say about the team relay. Possibly it could develop into something interesting. This was just… odd?

Impressed by the U23 Italian men, particularly their last rider. Looked amazing and completely in control on the bike. A man for the future.

I think they've often produced decent youth riders, but then they move to the road/MTB. Unless they get picked up by one of the big teams, it will continue to happen.

Reactions: Barkintheeye

TRENDING THREADS