• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Champs January 29th

Who will become World Champion

• An Outsider (not mentioned in the previous cat)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So with 15 days to go i'm quite exited already by these WC;

Who do you think will be WC?

I suppose it will be Belgian but what to think of the French (Mourey, Chainel?) and Czechs (Zamalik does he ride this year?) or some surprise riders like we had in the past (Kluge, Djernies,...?) but to be honest i don't see anyone...

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to vote Stybar - he can prepare himself for important race even thouhgt the results from other events are not so amazing. On the other hand, the sand course is not the best for Czechs in general, so let´s see ;-)

Zam_Olyas said:
van aert looks really young..how young is he?

Van der Poel is actually about 4 months younger then van Aert... The former just turned 17 on the 19th of January. In the post race-interview Van der Poel said that he had bad legs and stomach cramps at the start of the race but felt better as the race progressed. Massive talent.

Very hard to look beyond Nys, Pauwels, Stybar and Albert's. To me the course is best suited to Nys and he won here earlier in the season. His form does seem to be flagging the last few weeks but is he deliberately sandbagging to hit the Worlds in peak form?

Pauwels seems to have returned to top form but the course does not suit him but if Nys is really off form, then Pauwels is the man most likely.

Having sucked most of the season, Stybar seems to be coming to form once again at the right time. Stills seems a bit behind Pauwels though.

Likewise Albert's is also improving all the time but I think he is still a little way of his best.

I will go for Nys over Pauwels and Stybar.

Spine Concept said:
Van der Poel is actually about 4 months younger then van Aert... The former just turned 17 on the 19th of January. In the post race-interview Van der Poel said that he had bad legs and stomach cramps at the start of the race but felt better as the race progressed. Massive talent.

thats suprising van aert looks 15.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Lol, we'll have no gold medal again this WC for the bazilionth time in a sport that's practically Flemish only. Stybar to win and only wear it for 6 races next season. Meh...

Summary of day 1:

800px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

theyoungest said:
Summary of day 1:

800px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

Marianne Vos to complete the Dutch WC treble. I didn't think the Dutch could be more dominating than last year. Guess I was wrong. Tomorrow the Dutch women could go 1-2 as well with Vos and van den Brand. With this in mind it is incredible that they have zero chance of getting anywhere near the podium in the elite category.

Spine Concept said:
Marianne Vos to complete the Dutch WC treble. I didn't think the Dutch could be more dominating than last year. Guess I was wrong. Tomorrow the Dutch women could go 1-2 as well with Vos and van den Brand. With this in mind it is incredible that they have zero chance of getting anywhere near the podium in the elite category.
yea, very strange in a weird way.

Spine Concept said:
Usually our best guys go to the road. Van der Haar seems to have different plans though, maybe we'll have ourselves a genuine crosser. Van der Heijden is more of an MTBer, I think.

The kid is certainly a winner, doesn't give up, even on a surface which doesn't completely suit him he finds a way to win.

TRENDING THREADS