• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Politics

Page 240 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
Of course the major point your rather puerile and purely instrumental comparison neglects to make, is that none of these folks would probably have acted upon, or in any case have not acted upon, such sentiments. This can not be said of the right-wing nutter/s in question. A key point which you have conveniently overlooked.

I stopped reading after this (which for your posts is further than normal).

But of course there are lots of examples that contridict your assertion, here is but one;

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10/the-progressive-climate-of-hate-an-illustrated-primer-2000-2010/

Google is your friend, Prof. As an educator, I expect better.

There are crazies on the fringes of political parties all over the world. To suggest one side has more or is worse really misses the point. Had Bush been assassinated (or any other elected official) would it have been any less tragic?

Scott SoCal said:
I stopped reading after this (which for your posts is further than normal).

But of course there are lots of examples that contridict your assertion, here is but one;

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/10/the-progressive-climate-of-hate-an-illustrated-primer-2000-2010/

Google is your friend, Prof. As an educator, I expect better.

There are crazies on the fringes of political parties all over the world. To suggest one side has more or is worse really misses the point. Had Bush been assassinated (or any other elected official) would it have been any less tragic?

Come, come now Scott SoCal, I expected much better than that. What utter drivel because in any case what escapes you conservatives is any pleasure in irony, which you obviously do not possess. In the wrong hands Google places one at a decided disadvantage, since it gives one a sense of having a knowledge that they in fact do not.

Thanks for making that unquestionbly clear. Cheers

PS. If that's what you mean by lots of contradictory examples, then you have at least given me a good laugh today.

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
Come, come now Scott SoCal, I expected much better than that. What utter drivel because in any case what escapes you conservatives is any pleasure in irony, which you obviously do not possess. In the wrong hands Google places one at a decided disadvantage, since it gives one a sense of having a knowledge that they in fact do not.

Thanks for making that unquestionbly clear. Cheers

PS. If that's what you mean by lots of contradictory examples, then you have at least given me a good laugh today.

Come now, you expect me to do all the work for you? :D

Thanks for trying to protect me from myself (using Google, I mean). Someday I'll see the light.

Scott SoCal said:
Come now, you expect me to do all the work for you? :D

Thanks for trying to protect me from myself (using Google, I mean). Someday I'll see the light.

Nobody can protect you from yourself, Scott SoCall, except YOU.

Really, is it time for us to go all the way back to lesson 1?

You are a real tedious one, now...

Scott SoCal said:

No, though a few hundred thousand innocent lives would have been spared the carnage.

But once again you have completely missed the point.

Go on...

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Blood Libel? Mrs Borat?

Not a phrase most people put together..Not something normal people would use if they didn't know what it means. A casual reader of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion would know the phrase though..Maybe she just heard Tawd talk about "blood libel" in their normal course of the day.
-----------------------------------------------
""The term blood libel is generally used to mean the false accusation that Jews murder Christian children to use their blood in religious rituals, in particular the baking of matzos for passover. That false claim was circulated for centuries to incite anti-Semitism and justify violent pogroms against Jews. Ms. Palin’s use of the phrase in her video, which helped make the video rapidly go viral, is attracting criticism, not least because Ms. Giffords, who remains in critical condition in a Tucson hospital, is Jewish.

In the video, posing in front of a fireplace and an American flag, Ms. Palin looks directly at the camera as she condemns the shooting and talks about “irresponsible statements” made since it happened.""

May 13, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
Blood Libel? Mrs Borat?

Not a phrase most people put together..Not something normal people would use if they didn't know what it means. A casual reader of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion would know the phrase though..Maybe she just heard Tawd talk about "blood libel" in their normal course of the day.
""The term blood libel is generally used to mean the false accusation that Jews murder Christian children to use their blood in religious rituals, in particular the baking of matzos for passover. That false claim was circulated for centuries to incite anti-Semitism and justify violent pogroms against Jews. Ms. Palin’s use of the phrase in her video, which helped make the video rapidly go viral, is attracting criticism, not least because Ms. Giffords, who remains in critical condition in a Tucson hospital, is Jewish.

In the video, posing in front of a fireplace and an American flag, Ms. Palin looks directly at the camera as she condemns the shooting and talks about “irresponsible statements” made since it happened.""

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Mrs. Palin is tone deaf.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
Blood Libel? Mrs Borat?

I am sure Palin will chose her speech writer more cautiously next time. Maybe Palin would be served by the word midrash better.A short ride in the Mitzvah tank will fix her

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
you like to obfuscate the issue don't you? i said "Watch Fox News, then get back to me". i don't care if you agree with me or not. i see you are in London, maybe you don't get it there.

I get it and for sure am not going to watch any fox news. My opinion still stands that .........he is not some guy pushed over the edge by the Left or the Right of issues.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Nobody can protect you from yourself, Scott SoCall, except YOU.

Really, is it time for us to go all the way back to lesson 1?

You are a real tedious one, now...

I can not help but comment on this. Why do you have to give lessons to Scott when it is clear that he does not share your point of view? Save your lesson plan for whatever class you have to give etc. This is not your classroom.

Glenn_Wilson said:
I get it and for sure am not going to watch any fox news. My opinion still stands that .........he is not some guy pushed over the edge by the Left or the Right of issues.

It isn't issues that pushed him, he likely doesn't understand issues. He may however understand a picture of a public figure with a gun sight over it.
Or it may just be a coincidence that he went after the closest one of the twenty candidates that were pictured in the gun sight ad. Or maybe he never saw the ad, who knows?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Or it may just be a coincidence that he went after the closest one of the twenty candidates that were pictured in the gun sight ad.\

No no, 'surveying symbol ad'. Sarah is a victim of lamestream misrepresentation here, yet again.[/sarcasm]

A

Anonymous

Glenn_Wilson said:
I can not help but comment on this. Why do you have to give lessons to Scott when it is clear that he does not share your point of view? Save your lesson plan for whatever class you have to give etc. This is not your classroom.

It's only because Rhub loves to read what he writes. Why do you think his posts are so.... uh, loooong? It's the equivalent of liking to hear oneself speak.

It's a common phenomenon amongst the educated elite.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
It's only because Rhub loves to read what he writes. Why do you think his posts are so.... uh, loooong? It's the equivalent of liking to hear oneself speak.

didn't you forget to say "you betcha"? or "git r dun"

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Speaker of the House getting drunk tonight (like most nights)

""Speaker John Boehner will host a cocktail party for the Republican National Committee at the same time that President Barack Obama will be addressing the nation at the memorial service for victims of the Tucson shooting.

The Ohio Republican is holding a 7 p.m. cocktail reception Wednesday night for 168 RNC members, who are in the Washington area for an annual meeting. The event is sponsored by Boehner’s political action committee and will take place at Maryland’s National Harbor resort.

The RNC party coincides with the 8 p.m. EST memorial ceremony at the University of Arizona in Tucson, where Obama will honor the victims of Saturday’s shooting rampage that left six dead and 14 wounded, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), who is in critical condition.""

That drunk adhominem is possibly the cheapest line in the entire (almost) 6000 posts on the thread.

To attack a political opponent as a drunk- the classic refuge of a demagogue.

On the other hand, by making this comment against local forum knowitall- redtreviso, i am probably betraying myself as a John Boehner fanboy and possibly his lover, as well as admitting that I watch Fox news all day, and am considering dropping out of university and moving to Florida so that i can catch the Rush Limbaugh show.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
That drunk adhominem is possibly the cheapest line in the entire (almost) 6000 posts on the thread.

To attack a political opponent as a drunk- the classic refuge of a demagogue.

On the other hand, by making this comment against local forum knowitall- redtreviso, i am probably betraying myself as a John Boehner fanboy and possibly his lover, as well as admitting that I watch Fox news all day, and am considering dropping out of university and moving to Florida so that i can catch the Rush Limbaugh show.

oh really??? maybe you ought to just google it.. John Boehner drunk..better yet do a youtube search for John Boehner drunk.
Of course drunk post turtles are admired by drunks.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
""HANNITY: See, can I add one thing? I think we won the debate.

DREIER: We did win the debate.

HANNITY: When you think about the vast majorities that they have in Congress and they had to bribe, backroom deals, corruption, that’s all because the tea party movement, the people — all these Tim McVeigh wannabes here.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

HANNITY: Guys, thank you for being here.""

redtreviso said:
Of course drunk post turtles are admired by drunks.

This line, as with most such things, reveal far far more about the attacker than the intended target.

Firstly, the use of such third rate ad hominem, as a first resort no less, (added to the fact that you spend all day searching a network you clearly despise for soundbites) suggests a hatred, locked inside you.

Secondly your repeated use of this cheap attack, seems to suggest that alcochol is a bit of a touchy subject.

Which is ironic because maybe if you had a drink it would help calm you down a bit.

At your stage i doubt it could make things any worse.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
This line, as with most such things, reveal far far more about the attacker than the intended target.

Firstly, the use of such third rate ad hominem, as a first resort no less, (added to the fact that you spend all day searching a network you clearly despise for soundbites) suggests a hatred, locked inside you.

Secondly your repeated use of this cheap attack, seems to suggest that alcochol is a bit of a touchy subject.

Which is ironic because maybe if you had a drink it would help calm you down a bit.

At your stage i doubt it could make things any worse.

Actually I might and I can..unlike many people..As a kid we had neighbors who drank beer in the front yard and spilled it a lot.. I stepped in it and was revolted by the smell. Later living in New Orleans the smell of spilled beer and horse manure in the gutters during mardi gras revolted me more..A sports stadium smells the same..Like a dirty bathroom in a bar.. I have plenty of issues with alcoholics too but I am certainly not one of them.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
WTG tina.. do you live in southern california??

23.jpg

Glenn_Wilson said:

This is called a free forum. Get it?

Try tapping your head next time, toc, toc, to see if there is anything inside besides the air between your ear holes. ;)

PS. It's called irony and sarcasm. Get it? Keep tapping!

Scott SoCal said:

Everyone is entitled to there three minutes of fame...I figure between you and me, Scott SoCal I've gotten a surplus of about 3 days from all that reading and learning you've done. :D

Despite not sharing views, as it has so tediously been pointed out. Thus I can only extend my sincerest thanks and eternal gratitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS