• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds Warm-up: Who will win it

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Well?

• Another favorite and i'll tell you which one:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Spain is going to have 10 riders, not 9. Apparently Caisse d'Epargne is paying for the travel expenses of the Costa Rican rider Amador, since his federation couldn't pay for them.

Why would they do that, unless they struck up a "deal"?

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
EBH on 14 votes...god how can people even believe it.

Some people believe in God, I believe in EBH.
:D

But seriously i think we shouldn't expect to much of him. 22 years old, and he has not yet proven himself as a world class classics rider, despite his Gent-w. win. At least not in hilly classics. So a long hilly WC course is probably way to hard for him.

But I'm willing to bet my house on him as a future WC-winner.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Balleballe said:

But seriously i think we shouldn't expect to much of him. 22 years old, and he has not yet proven himself as a world class classics rider, despite his Gent-w. win. At least not in hilly classics. So a long hilly WC course is probably way to hard for him.

He's had a long year and is young. May be a little too hilly for him.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I think Cunego will win. But I Hope that Australia will get their first world champion roadrace. They have a strong team I think. Gerrans and Evans will be the team leaders in my opinion. And they have Davis and O'grady for the sprint.

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Balleballe said:

Maybe in the future. The expectations of him here in Norway are way to high. If someone from the Norwegian team finish in the top ten, we should be very very happy.

Marijeh said:
I think Cunego will win. But I Hope that Australia will get their first world champion roadrace. They have a strong team I think. Gerrans and Evans will be the team leaders in my opinion. And they have Davis and O'grady for the sprint.

Well, if I had to bet on an Aussie, I'd take Davis and O'Grady over Evans. The man is GT podium-worthy, but he can't win a road race to save his life. The only road wins I can find for Evans are back in '01 and '02, and the TdU and Tour of Austria aren't quite the same as the WRC.

BeachBum said:
Well, if I had to bet on an Aussie, I'd take Davis and O'Grady over Evans. The man is GT podium-worthy, but he can't win a road race to save his life. The only road wins I can find for Evans are back in '01 and '02, and the TdU and Tour of Austria aren't quite the same as the WRC.

Try Paris-Nice last year, where he robbed poor young Gesink blind.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
If A Schleck has good legs, he will explode up the last hill and go solo to the finish.
Dark horses are the russians Kolobnev and Ivanov, and frenchie Fedrigo.
Watch out for Thomas Lovquist.
For the italians to win it, they must work hard all day and tire out all of the guys above.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
BeachBum said:
Try 2009- Stage 5 Coppi-Bartali - Out sprinted Cunego
Try 2008- Stage 3 Coppi-Bartali - mountain-top finish of Valico di Gaiato
:cool:

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Cunego will win, he can ride with explosiveness, look at some of his climbs in the Giro. The Aussies won't get close, no plan B and they do not respond to wining moves by others-despite them having their strongest team ever.
You need tactics for this one, endurance is less important.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
blaxland said:
do you have a link to the riders starting the road race?

fromCycling Australia

* Simon Clarke (Selby, VIC 18.07.1986) (RR)
* Allan Davis (Bundaberg, QLD 27.07.1980) (RR)
* Cadel Evans (Barwon Heads, VIC 14.02.1977) (RR)
* Simon Gerrans (Jamieson, VIC 16.05.1980) (RR)
* Mathew Hayman (Aralven, NSW 20.04.1978) (RR)
* Matt Lloyd (Brighton, VIC 24.05.1983) (RR)
* Stuart O'Grady (Unley Park, SA 06.08.1973) (RR)
* Michael Rogers (Garren, ACT 20.12.1979) (RR)
* Wesley Sulzberger (Flowery Gully, TAS 20.10.1986) (RR)

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Poor road race circuit

I'm watching the womens RR right now - its raining and lots of crashes.
You would think Switzerland could come up with a better and more spectacular course than this glorified crit course. If it rains tomorrow for the mens race it wil be a race of attrition.