• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds: your favourite.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

WORLDS: YOUR FAVOURITE?

• KAZAJSTAN/OTHER

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
it wouldn't surprise me to see spanish and belgium watching each other too much while some1 from another nation rides into the sunset and gets the win.

Do you think Contador will just wait ? lol Not his style :D

Although I hope he will and saves up everything for the last time on the cauberg. The rest of them should make the course hard.

That's what the fanboy in me hopes. He can win it, besides he's a great TT'er so after the cauberg it should be easier for him to survive on the flat part.

Miburo said:

Although I hope he will and saves up everything for the last time on the cauberg. The rest of them should make the course hard.

That's what the fanboy in me hopes. He can win it, besides he's a great TT'er so after the cauberg it should be easier for him to survive on the flat part.

He should go in a break. They have Purito and Valverde if it all comes back together.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
He should go in a break. They have Purito and Valverde if it all comes back together.

Not a bad idea but don't work in the break, he has valverde and purito so he doesn't have to work and then poef away lol

But let's first see what he can do in the ITT

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:

If Pat McQuack is giving the medals, any Spaniard whose name starts with Al will be fun to watch on the podium :D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
And Freire, is he invisible? :rolleyes: :D I see Valverde going on a late attack few km from the finish.
In comparsion with Alejandro he is,he has better sprint-form nowadays than Freire:D...I know he was 3rd at ParisBrussel but still:rolleyes:

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
icefire said:
If Pat McQuack is giving the medals, any Spaniard whose name starts with Al will be fun to watch on the podium :D

LOL! This would be funny as all! Maybe Alberto could do the pistol shot at Pat with a smile 10 feet wide!:D

Spain has so many options in this race....get in the break, sit on a break, make Belgium work to bring it back....counter attack...should be fireworks!

The Spanish team will have many motivated riders...Alberto is fresh, Purito wants to erase his failures, Oscar is finishing a long career, Valverde would like to be the man again...gonna be tough across the board.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I predict a huge tactical flop from spain guys. They are as talented as egoistic;)

Someone ask about why Lulu wasn't on the list. See the last 10km Olympics and his words after the race

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Forunculo said:
I predict a huge tactical flop from spain guys. They are as talented as egoistic;)

Someone ask about why Lulu wasn't on the list. See the last 10km Olympics and his words after the race

Could you remind us what his words were?

Tactical flop? You mean something like what Wiggo's boys did at the Olympics? :D

Forunculo said:

They have the guys to do a perfect tactical race, who's the DS?
Luisle is tired as seen in GPCQM.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
sartoris said:
Could you remind us what his words were?

Tactical flop? You mean something like what Wiggo's boys did at the Olympics? :D

A funnier flop, because they will accuse each other after the race

The Hitch said:
What did he say ?

More or less he didn't pulled to chase Vino and Uran to let Valverde sprint because he didn't know who was the leader:rolleyes:

So he failed at his own game (a successful break in the last 10km) and refused to help his mate.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
They have the guys to do a perfect tactical race, who's the DS?
Luisle is tired as seen in GPCQM.

José Luis de Santos
seleccionador_espanol_ciclismo_Jose_Luis_686209540.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Spain are definitely the team to beat, but just having a strong team doesn't guarantee victory. Look at GB at the Olympics. Plus Spain has a lot of potential winners and I wonder how that could affect them. Italy I think has a very good chance, Nibali is looking in good form plus they have a very good team that will fully be able to support Nibali.

TRENDING THREADS