• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wouter Weylandt memorial thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
RIP Wouter

My thoughts and sympathies go to his family.

But I can imagine that Bennati is one of the sadest men on earth now, while it was not his fault, but I think he somehow feels responsible for this now.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Just devastating. A terrible tragedy during a celebration of human optimism. I'm so sorry. Condolences to the Weylandt family. The worst day.

Terrible news. Simply awful. My thoughts are with his family, friends, and loved ones.

Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled:
‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’
‘Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?’
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labour is not in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:51-58

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
What a terrible shock, RIP Wouter. I wonder what will become of the race and his team now...not that I can feel compelled to care.

Very sad news, and a huge dose of perspective.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
jobiwan said:
Also thoughts and prayers for his family, as his wife is pregnant.

RIP Wouter

In which case it matters even less than it already did that I will miss him out on the road.

Horrible horrible day, my thoughts are with this loved ones.

Cobblestoned said:
RIP Wouter

My thoughts and sympathies go to his family.

But I can imagine that Bennati is one of the sadest men on earth now, while it was not his fault, but I think he somehow feels responsible for this now.
Actually, Weylandt was scheduled to race all along. Feillu was Bennati's replacement.

It still sucks exactly as much.

A

Anonymous

An awful tragedy. All our thoughts here at Future's bike mags and sites are with his friends, family and team-mates.

There's no story we hate to have to tell more than the loss of a young rider in his or her prime.

Vale Wouter.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee[/quote said:
and unborn child :(
Seriously? Jesus.

26 years old, good looking kid, seriously talented athlete, child on the way, his whole life ahead of him, and it all comes to and end with a clip of the pedal at the wrong spot at the wrong time.

What a tragedy.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
So sad:(:(

RIP

I'm glad I turned on my feed seconds after the camera pulled away. It sounds like the images were horrific and that's not how I'll remember Wouter.