• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

XXXIII Vuelta Independencia Nacional/D.R. UCI 2.2

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Pistolero

His deadliest servant is a well known figurehead: Matteo Tossato; A real workaholic who resembles the riders from the old times when teams didn't have all the Hi-Tech and resources at their disposal. He may not climb, or win races. But he could hold the team together as a captain; A sort of Jack of all trades. Provided the Team isn't lowered from the Pro-Tour 18 ranks, and that it's tour berth isn't pulled; Saxo still has many cards to play: To win stages, to shake things up,.....Not everything is YELLOW. There are many other colours present: Green, White, Red Dotted jerseys; The Team competition,....With the advent of the new Super-Teams, it isn't a given fact that Alberto, w/o helping hand in the latter part of the tough Montani' stages, was a sure winner anyway. If the Aqua&Sappone/C.M team is to replace Saxo squad, then I wouldn't tell. Go Bjarne!!! (And Giro & Vuelta dudes seeking Fucsia & Golden colours, Beware: The King is present!)

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Cipollini

As a lead out dude at 44? After like ten years off besides the :confused: Rock & Republic fiasco?!!!!! With a women squad filled with hot&horny mamitas', and a clothing conglomerate, besides a trademark bike brand? TEQUILA!!!!!!!!!

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Valverde

They can't keep the Spanish Armada quiet for too long. After the set up against spanish riders by the Italians; who blame their southern counterparts for the DiLuca and Basso and ..........infractors........Even if his points don't add up to Movistar's tally........Vuelta people beware: Kings Alberto and Alejandro may be dropping some forasteros!!!!!!!

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Paris-Nize Vis-A-Vis Tirreno Adriático

Yesterday Boonen, today Alejandro Valverde. Colombia Coldeportes to Tirreno Adriático. The Classics monuments are next. :rolleyes:

May 3, 2010
Visit site
GreenEdge/Tirreno^Adriático

The first TTT was won by the Aussies, with RS/Nissan and Astaná rounding up the podium on the 16.9 mile(or K) course. Matt Goss wears the leaders jersey. Meanwhile, Paris-Nize dudes are on a 184 K stage, well suited for rouleurs.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
FB

cyclingnews is no longer sharing it's info w/FB users who press the FB/LIKE ...That's why I'm unable to explain & translate to my students the developments of the new races (i.e. Paris-Nize; Tirreno Adriatico,..etc. Both are the first World*Tour races on European soil, after the Tour Down Under in january). Bye-Bye (Unless I'm at work, when I ride my motorcycle I'd like to have a real woman sitting on my rear)

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Combined

The new combined category, which measures how complete a rider is but takes lots of logistics in order to be measured; should be a weighted sum comprising of: 60% general category, 20% points, and 20% KOM. Sánchez wins in P-N and Hagen in Tirreno. Leaders remain the same. Wendy & Ismael heading towards Argentina for Panam road race on sunday. Several new kiddos' are on better form, but it takes lots of wisdom to race a one day 170 km criterium with South americans, even if Flat.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Panam road races

DR failed to obtain any medals. CN still hasn't publish the full results, but I know the squad sent wasn't the best possible at this moment, given the parcours of the race.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Turismo Deportivo

Wendy Cruz finished 5th, and Ismael Sánchez 25th, both with the same time as the winners. They traveled w/o team mechanics, Director sportiff, or masajistas'. But The Head of FEDOCI took advantage of the opportunity for a quick paid vacation to the southern tip of the continent. Great. RD: zero medals, as this was the only race we competed in. Later. Euri Vidal and José Frank Rodríguez started their season in Florida, at the twilight criterium; The first of the season.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ITT and it's importance

I remember a few years ago when Chris Horner won the Tour of the Basque country on the last ITT stage ahead of Joaquin Rodríguez. Over confidence now played the young 40 year old Yankee a hard trick, as he had it all wrapped up on Tirreno, just to let Nibali grab it from him (40 sec pull on 9.8km flat stage!!!!!!!!!!!). That's why I can't stress it hard enough on my young pupils: Concentration, breathing, stretching, healthy lifestyle, eating properly and drinking plenty of fluids (including light beers: Coors!!!!!!!!!) beat just about the latest techniques devised by those MD's seeking fame and fortune as they go about ruining a beautiful sport!!!!!!!. The gadget is on your court now

May 3, 2010
Visit site
UCI Pro-Tour after TA

Valverde, Spain, RadioShack lead the rider, countries, teams categories. Nibali and Wiggins make the top three, while Italy and Australia folow suit. Sky dropped to second overall. My favorites for Milan-San Remo, the longest race on the calendar at almost 300 km: I don't think it'll come to a mass sprint, but rather at a selective sprint. The Pro-Conti squads will make an early effort to display their abilities, and to make their sponsors and the race sponsors proud.
But in the end, it comes to the riders with the most stamina and endurance, with the strongest teams, and better early season form. I'll bet on Cancellara and Hushvod instead of Gilbert and Cav'. Goss could surprise again, but it's a long shot as everyone will be watching him now. Valverde is always a guy to be reckoned with in these type of races, where a difficult climd before the end provides a perfect theater to break up the remaining actors. The unknown factor will be displayed in the first monument of the year. The Aussies are a hard gang, and Boonen seems to be back on track. I'll be watching from a faraway island on the other side of the western ocean.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ToC's sporting/Financial Criteria regarding Conti' Squads

Team type I left out? ColdDeportes in! It's not a quid pro quo type of decision. The 2.HC race must invite the highest ranked UCI Tour of the Americas Team, but it shouldn't be detrimental to domestic squads. Is LifeStrong worth it instead of Kenda? I doubt it. Was UnitedHealthCare worth of a berth? You bet.
There will always be someone left grasping for air, but let them go abroad, instead of being coherently landlocked by their country's endowments. See if they could foot the bills racing crazy races in Europe below the Pro-Tour races, where everyone is hungry, nobody respects a given hierarchy, and the IMPERATOR rules. I mean, that's why I get hectic watching those fine gals sucking on their lollipots as they ride their bikes, summer nights, Central park:eek:

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Milan- San Remo

CN picks: Cav (&/or Edvald), Tom, Fabian, Matt, Vincenzo, Peter, Oscar, Alessandro, Heinrich, Greipel. Last names aren't needed except where confusion arises. Th Viking Thor is out, and Petachi not well. Outsider? Is the Movistar workhorse in the House?; How about Cunego? .................I'll pick an underdog this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Teams taken for granted

CN picks: Sky(2 riders), QS, RS, GE, Liq(2), Kat(1), BMC(1/Phillipe plays underdog), Garmin(1), Lotto(1); That leaves out A&S, AG2R, Astana, Colombia, Colnago, Euskatel, Farnese-Vini(Possato?!!!), FDJ, Lampre(Petacchi????!!!!), Movistar(Alejandro not in), Project 1T4i, Rabobank( I pich Mark Renshaw^&*), Saxo, Utensilnord(never heard of them before), Type I, and Vacansoleil as outside underdogs. My pick: Mark Renshaw. Welcome to the spotlight!!!!!:D:D, son!

May 3, 2010
Visit site
M-SR Final countdown

My forecasting skills did not work out.Not quite, but at least an Aussie took it, Land of Down Under 2012 champ Simon Gerrans GE, with Cancellara 2nd for the 2nd year in a row. Nibali third.
As always, and early break made up of lesser known players was given leeway, until things had to get controlled by the key players, who pulled the break back. I was glad to see Juan Pablo Suarez trying up his luck on the early breakaway. Unleashed. Great race coverage via twitter by the CN team. Vuelta al país Vasco starts monday. Tonight, Vuelta al País de Baco, at least 4 me

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Cycling 101/ For DR trainers w/o theory 4 practice

Velocidad Olímpica: We have a 333.33 long track. Rough surface, windy, sea level. Great for training, but times will not be at record levels. Some trainers who get paid for their job, don't know how to find out the Average Velocity needed in order to qualify for Gold in the Military Games, using past data as an starting point. I tried to explain it, but they lack the ability to think. I'll try it here, before I get an stroke. (Bear in mind that it is 1 KM instead of 750 mts for a 250 mt track):
First lap: (target time=24 sec). Avg V=49.99 K/H
2nd. Lap:(target time=19 sec). Avg V=63.15 K/H
3rd. Lap: (target time=22 sec). Avg V=54.54 K/H

The average Velocity for the whole K (Sum of three laps)/3=57.41327 K/H
Average Time= 1:05:~~~~~~~~~~~~

They' don't know a simple rule of three, not my fault. I'll try to explain it here:

1) X=(333.33mt)(3600sec)/(24sec)=49.99999999999 K/H, ETCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Classics^Season: Military*Track/DR. Times4Granted

Individual Pursuit:1)A.Sánchez MdG 2)R.Germán EN 3)G.García PN
Kilometer:1)N.Taveras FAD 2)M.Capellán MdG 3)E.Vidal FAD
Team Pursuit:1)FAD 2)EN 3)MdG
Sprint: 1)J.Ogando MdG 2)R.Vargas PN 3)E.Lantigua PN
Team Sprint: 1)EN 2)FAD 3)MdG
Australian (elimination): 1)J.Pérez FAD 2)R.Merán EN 3)R.Minier MdG
Points Race: 1)A.Sánchez MdG 2)R.Merán EN 3)I.Sánchez EN
*Gold=5points Silver=3points Bronze=1point

FAD=41points EN=37points MdG=24points PN=5points
GLOBAL(track+road): EN=45points FAD=44points MdG=30points PN=15points
MVP: 1)R.Merán 20p 2)A.Sánchez 17p 3)N.Taveras 13p

NEXT: Junior Panam 2012 Track&Road. Guatemala.
PD Nobody messes w/EN. Capt.Amaury Pérez suffered an accident in Vuelta. With a sub-23 team plus Vuelta Champion I.Sánchez&R.Merán: My kids can beat your kids AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZanytime

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CDM&P: Records Broken

Slow' track, windy, sea level:
Match*Sprint guys same level as 10 years ago. Clocking 11ish. BAD.Nation^Wide. They need to be FIRED.
Team*Sprint: MdG broke 1:05 (333.333333.....mt track)on it's quest 4 Bronze. False start + clipless' mistake at classification. Too Bad.
Team Pursuit: EN broke 4:34 level, then FAD broke it again.
Kilometer: N. Taveras close to breaking it's own record clocking 1:06:92 out of shape. He's our next Omnium machine, after Pérez: married w/children now, family biz to take care off.
Individual Pursuit: R.Merán had to relinquish quest 4 gold against A.Sánchez one more time due to the fact he needed to be part of Team*Sprint effort for gold, at 1:4:~~(low fractions, don't recall, he head is busy with other thoughts right now, my IPAD stolen by cops'?!)
Where new Sprint revelation clocked 24SEC on first lap, Capt. A.Pérez (DR. Boonen) flopped at 20SEC (Needed 18) for 2nd. lap; And R.Merán(DR Cancellara) brought home the rest to beat and all star FAD squad. On Team Pursuit we needed to improvise with Triathlon Champ R.Checo and Stage Champ I.Sánchez to get Silver. Some folks will be scrutinized and FIRED, as we don't need guys who aren't ready for their specialties and bother our star athletes to race several different stuff the same day. OVER.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
César Marte/Mengoni: New Massive*Sprint STAR

18 year old César Marte, the oldest son of Mengoni's capt. Roosevelt Marte, clocked 24 sec (zero to 333.333 at 50 k/h). Two fourth places at Vuelta, including longest stage of 172 km, hot. Right after dudes like W.Cruz and Kamishev.
Match sprint? Too small 4 that. WE don't want him to get injured by Big&Crazy folks. Bronze last year, plus silver team sprint last year as well. This year, bronze on criterium, gold on team sprint. Ese es un Guardia; Also Anthony Rodríguez, Great effort on team pursuit, on points race. Second place at Vuelta's long journey I was telling you about before. TREK.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
To whom this may concern/only means available now

Thanks for your consideration and support regarding the matter detailed thru other channels, and pardon my lack of means to contribute in other expected fashion for the time being. As for your own concern regarding your availability of enough funds needed to confront our foes (& friends as well, as we are on all this together); Please be advise as as far as my societal/econometric model could predict; the outcome of next process, Your Honor will bypass the 50% mark easily, so don't dispair. The American people are still the resilient, hard working, brave, and honorable folks they've always been, more so now under your guidance and leadership. The sacred mandate bestowed upon you to gear the World's flagship modern State into a period of healthy economic growth, worldwide development with sound fundamental foundations; and more important, a period of peaceful and harmonious arms-lenght and friendly relations among mankind, deep understanding of the needs and aspirations of both the fortunate and the less but nonetheless deserving under developed populations. Respect for all cultures, credes, religions, lifestyles, human rights, and self-determination will be the rule rather than the exception,.....The SUN will keep rising on the East, and setting on the West.....The Voice of Silence whispers tears dropping from the sky no more.

Sincerely MER

PD: It's a privilege to serve one's homeland from afar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
To whom this may concern as well/samurai3

" When the children cry/When the children sing/A new world begins/...." Radio
'cause: " They shoot at the stars/& grab the moonlight/." Quoted'..
Apuntes from DR/Placebo: Amnesia Selectiva performed by Decision Makers:
Your Honor; Son expertos en la mentira, la calumnia, la hipocresía, el engaño, ..entre otras perlas. Mantra/No clichê. Sus valores son estos, no los otros.
Parachuters from Home^ Soil. Realmente no tienen el honor de conocerme, aunque me han visto sus Papparazzis'. De manera Institucional. Global. Pero yo no estaba necesariamente husmeando or meddling in their affairs, which are My Affairs as well. They get paid and were given Leeway to administer Cosa*Pública. They thought it was bequeth upon them, by some odd and weird formula they envisioned when they were marxists/not Leninists' LOL.
Anyway, in order to make long story short/TooLate!!!!!!!!It's difficult not no notice the level of wealth they've swindled, olímpicamente. It is OBCENE.
Meanwhile, the healthier part of our entreprenurial class has been taxed out of biz in order to support the lifestyle of Jet#Set Politico Int'l. The Middle%Class emigrated, at least the more dynamic part. Disenfranchised. And the lower socio-economic caste' have gotten used to perks only welfare States could provide before going bankrupt themselves. Overhere, all done with borrowed funds. Politically incorrect. Working/Le$$. Nobody thinks it'll have to be re-paid some day.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Classic Answer expected. POTUS. 44. Thanks

Surprise me. My son, Cristian Manuel Rodriguez, who dwells at 532 Grand Av/ Rahway, NJ. Hit by car, leg ruined. I need to find out if done on purpose. For meta'physical reasons, whoever did it is in deep trouble. Sincerely MER