• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"You want a rider?"

It's being reported in this months ProCycling magazine that Armstrong stood up and "crowed" at a rival team during dinner at a hotel during the Tour. Armstrong was heard shouting at the unnamed team saying without any provocation:

"You want a rider?"

"you can take this guy...." gesturing at Contador.

The rival team sat in silence as did Contador as Lance stared him down.

Does this constitue Armstrong being the biggest w&nker known to cycling?

I don't think that there has ever been any doubt that LA is the biggest wakner in world cycling. People just get confused between winning Tours and being a good bloke, these 2 are very mutually exclusive. He can't help it. Let's just all wear a yellow wrist band in sympathy.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
No, it does not constitute Amstrong as the biggest w@nker known to cycling, as he already had the crown well and firmly entrenched on his head.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
1001 ways to spell ****ar to avoid the swear filter

bobbins said:
I don't think that there has ever been any doubt that LA is the biggest wakner in world cycling. People just get confused between winning Tours and being a good bloke, these 2 are very mutually exclusive. He can't help it. Let's just all wear a yellow wrist band in sympathy.

this is gonna be a good thread, could be retitled 1001 ways to spell wancker to avoid the swear filter all in honour of StrongArm.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
It's being reported in this months ProCycling magazine that ...

Wow, must be true then eh? A bit like when "it was reported that" aliens have been sighted etc.

7 Tour victories, millions raised for cancer charity - gee, what a w@nker. Muppets.

The great thing about a report like this, aside from showing what a real piece of trash Armstrong is, is that we will all be treated to a metric buttload of laughs as Sprocket, progressor, derailleur, and whatever sock puppets they can muster give hilarious rationalizations for Armstrong's behavior. Heck, they will probably find a way to blame Contador.

Help a brother out and pass the popcorn.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
laziali said:
Wow, must be true then eh? A bit like when "it was reported that" aliens have been sighted etc.

7 Tour victories, millions raised for cancer charity - gee, what a w@nker. Muppets.

lets take a look at Armstrong's expenditure in Livestrong, and the effectiveness and efficiency, and who benefits?

Charity Navigator has Livestrong in the worst category for expenditure to cost ratio.

Armstrong's charity is about raising awareness, and funneling revenue to his charity, about raising awareness, and survivor support and advocacy. Such nebulous goals, it is not as cancer awareness was lacking before. Armstrong's Livestrong programs and aid are a chopshop and have copied advice and programs offered previously, he is not novel, it is just supplanting the other space, and taking market share.

So how does he work out on expenditure efficiency? Is his space adequately covered at the moment by other programs, and his spendthrift expenditure and promotion of the Livestrong brand, hurts the % of funds going towards effective research for a cure for cancer.

There have been some studies where they find there is a set pool of funds for charity, and people will give what they have budgeted and find select causes. When the Tsunami hit in the pacific, other charities suffered because their take was less, because people donated to the Tsunami support. Charities have hurt a little in the economic downturn, but, that is a different variable. Salient point, charity donations are fungible, so what counts is the efficiency and effectiveness on the use of the money.

See Mahmood Mamdani a professor academic of African and Asian studies at Columbia University and his findings on SaveDafur.org. They are a propaganda charity and no money reaches refugees in Sudan. My thesis would be Armstrong's charity does more to elevate him onto the political landscape and MSM media discourse, than his sporting accomplishments ever could. He would never speak to the late Tim Russert on Meet the Press and get traction in DC and the beltway via cycling.

Armstrong is about Armstrong, twitting, and w@nking.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
lets take a look at Armstrong's expenditure in Livestrong, and the effectiveness and efficiency, and who benefits?

Long story BlackCat - I didn't read more than a few lines, but it is apparent you must REALLY hate Lance to come up with that. Do you feel inadequate when you think about Lance?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
laziali said:
Long story BlackCat - I didn't read more than a few lines, but it is apparent you must REALLY hate Lance to come up with that. Do you feel inadequate when you think about Lance?

yes, I feel really small

A

Anonymous

no, but it clearly constitutes the hogs desire to be the creator of yet another armstrong thread.. the guys starting to bore me with his fake dates, misreported news and petty diatribes to be honest..

whatever happened to the official hating thread anyway...

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
guilty until proven innocent based on something that may or may not be true. business as usual around here. personally i am indifferent to la i neither hate nor love. i just cant figure people out on here what is the deal with devoting so much time to someone you obviously despise. thats got to be some sort of mental defect. move on

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
no, but it clearly constitutes the hogs desire to be the creator of yet another armstrong thread.. the guys starting to bore me with his fake dates, misreported news and petty diatribes to be honest..

whatever happened to the official hating thread anyway...

That was a good thread, you only had two lance threads either you love him or you hate him. As for this thread this is nothing new we all know that lance is a w@nker.

A

Anonymous

franciep10 said:
That was a good thread, you only had two lance threads either you love him or you hate him. As for this thread this is nothing new we all know that lance is a w@nker.

and that the hog likes regurgitating trash... dont forget that..

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
It's being reported in this months ProCycling magazine that Armstrong stood up and "crowed" at a rival team during dinner at a hotel during the Tour. Armstrong was heard shouting at the unnamed team saying without any provocation:

"You want a rider?"

"you can take this guy...." gesturing at Contador.

Does it say when this happened? Before what stage? Thanks.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
There are numerous threads dedicated to blasting Lance; a person many claim to despise, but yet, can't stop discussing ad nauseam. What's worse is that all these threads offer the same trite accusations. Everyone has heard it all before. If you're so sick of him, stop bringing him up. Honestly, I admire the guy; I really do, but I am far bigger a fan of cycling, so let us please get back to discussing that which we love.

I really wish the mods would delete these threads as soon as they appear.

Immaculate,
You can't fire a weapon without ammo. If he'd stop giving those that despise him material to use then there would be fewer threads of the sort that you mention. If he did in fact say what The Hog quotes from ProCycling, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be discussed. It's a valid topic.
You're not obligated to post in every thread that appears.

A

Anonymous

Angliru said:
Immaculate,
You can't fire a weapon without ammo. If he'd stop giving those that despise him material to use then there would be fewer threads of the sort that you mention. If he did in fact say what The Hog quotes from ProCycling, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be discussed. It's a valid topic.

but thats it, the hog just quoted, he did not analise the quote in any way, he did not discuss what he thought it meant.. he put it there purely to cause a bit more lance v anti lance friction...

do we even know what it means.. does it mean...

a) lance was saying we dont want contador, why dont you have him
or
b) contador and astana are going to win the tour, wouldnt you love to have him on your team...

two very very different statements...
one is no surprise considering the friction between him and AC, the other one actually makes it look as if lance was proud to have AC on the team...

none of us know what it actually meant, its just another quote..

but the hog on raising it should at least offer his opinion, his take on what it meant.. if not some might think hes just a **** stirrer.. :D

dimspace said:
but thats it, the hog just quoted, he did not analise the quote in any way, he did not discuss what he thought it meant.. he put it there purely to cause a bit more lance v anti lance friction...

do we even know what it means.. does it mean...

a) lance was saying we dont want contador, why dont you have him
or
b) contador and astana are going to win the tour, wouldnt you love to have him on your team...

two very very different statements...
one is no surprise considering the friction between him and AC, the other one actually makes it look as if lance was proud to have AC on the team...

none of us know what it actually meant, its just another quote..

but the hog on raising it should at least offer his opinion, his take on what it meant.. if not some might think hes just a **** stirrer.. :D

I think we can all agree that, to some extent, the hog is a bit of **** stirrer.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
Immaculate,
If he did in fact say what The Hog quotes from ProCycling, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be discussed. It's a valid topic.

If Lance said it, yes it should be discussed, but in the manner that dimspace said, not asserting that Lance's alleged comment qualifies him as cycling's biggest ****er as hog said. That last comment just proves that hog wanted to start another thread to blast Lance; that is reprehensible.

I realize I'm not obligated to post in every thread. I post in topics that are of some importance to me, and as somebody that admittedly admires Lance, why not respond to a thread regarding him? The Tom Danielson thread, for example I haven't responded to because I'm only somewhat familiar with him, but I will read through it and try to learn something.

ImmaculateKadence said:
If Lance said it, yes it should be discussed, but in the manner that dimspace said, not asserting that Lance's alleged comment qualifies him as cycling's biggest ****er as hog said. That last comment just proves that hog wanted to start another thread to blast Lance; that is reprehensible.

Ok. Well, have at it. Analyze what Lance said. It doesn't take very long.

TRENDING THREADS