• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Club de Beisbol Toros de Tijuana
calimax.jpg

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
todays death march

I rode thru Valle de Guadalupe, first on rt.1 and then on to Ensenada using rt.3 and then home on rt.1 to Puerto Nuevo. I was on the bike 7.5 hours.
The cycling god of suffering pointed a headwind in my face the entire time.
I really enjoyed it.
Temp was 18 or 19 and cloudless. The road into the valley was empty and it goes through Mexico's wine country, just acres of vineyards and olive trees and a few dozen horses nibbling grass.
As you crest the small mountain range into Ensenada the Pacific comes into view and the beauty is awe inspiring.
I will post video and photos as soon as GoPro comes back from repair and I get a phone that works in Mexico.
*I am using SPF45 and I am getting an Al Jolson tint already*
At my Ensenada halfway/turn around point I have eaten at 4 or 5 different places, each one better than the next and I have not dropped more than 6 dollars.
I had a carne asada torta w lettuce,tomato,onion,cilantro, fresh avocado and some delectable mystery dressing...it was 2 dollars and 25 cents.
I might need to ride rollers to keep up with what I want to eat.

fatandfast said:
I rode thru Valle de Guadalupe, first on rt.1 and then on to Ensenada using rt.3 and then home on rt.1 to Puerto Nuevo. I was on the bike 7.5 hours.
I really enjoyed it.
Temp was 18 or 19 and cloudless. The road into the valley was empty and it goes through Mexico's wine country, just acres of vineyards and olive trees and a few dozen horses nibbling grass.
As you crest the small mountain range into Ensenada the Pacific comes into view and the beauty is awe inspiring.
I will post video and photos as soon as GoPro comes back from repair and I get a phone that works in Mexico.
At my Ensenada halfway/turn around point I have eaten at 4 or 5 different places, each one better than the next and I have not dropped more than 6 dollars.
I had a carne asada torta w lettuce,tomato,onion,cilantro, fresh avocado and some delectable mystery dressing...it was 2 dollars and 25 cents.

That is awesome! I'm very glad for you (except for the headwinds!)
I have been off my bike for a little over a week (for me that's a long time) and it's killing me. :) The snow won't melt and there ain't much I can do. Training indoors isn't anything like riding out and about. I'm ready for spring!

NhLWP9DU1gELKfe6e2cUwut1pu7QlJmPLwxd5lrGD28=w686-h296-no

Mar 16, 2009
fatandfast said:
I really enjoyed it.

The weather was really nice today but the winds were blowing pretty good. The climb on the way to Ensenada is known as El Tigre.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Outstanding outside

Predictions were a little off..got in @3 hr ride w a few little hill repeats. The sun was peeking here and there...Mexico is magnificent for being out of doors. My ride rewards included coffee and some palmier that Mexican can bake as good as anybody..some big cream horn thing was just too much. I hope the rain stays away for my 1st Mex-futball game.
http://www.xolos.com.mx
I can deal w no f.cking snow!!

I got so sick of the unpredictable weather in my area as of late (sun, rain, winds, frost... who knows what's up next), I just decided to paint my bike instead of riding it.

Naturally I had to take the whole thing apart, but what the heck, as long as the weather cooperated I got the job done. (Of course I had to work outside, seeing as the fumes of spray paint are not so good for the lungs.)

Sunny, 66 degrees F, bit of a wind... I loved my ride earlier today.

Unfortunately, I heard a few mechanicals (both on my bike and my dad's [he's my riding partner]), so will have to get working on those.

For those of us who are better mechanics than riders... there's a song I'm listening to right now that I will post in the music thread in this very fine Cafe, shortly.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Spf 50

I rode from Puerto Nuevo to Ensenada with @70 degree cloudless weather with bright sunshine..while riding the temp is nice but if you stop the sun really gets warm..The weekend had 80 degree temps with again non-stop sunshine.Some of these 80 mile days are taking a toll on my fat self so I stopped in krebtown and bought a BBQ chicken with side dishes for 7 dollars..the chicken was a little bit big for a single bag so they doubled up..looks like it will last for a couple of days.
Looks like it will be @80 when my pals arrive from Boston on Friday..my prediction...more east coast defectors

Mar 16, 2009
fatandfast said:
I rode from Puerto Nuevo to Ensenada with @70 degree cloudless weather with bright sunshine..while riding the temp is nice but if you stop the sun really gets warm..The weekend had 80 degree temps with again non-stop sunshine.Some of these 80 mile days are taking a toll on my fat self so I stopped in krebtown and bought a BBQ chicken with side dishes for 7 dollars..the chicken was a little bit big for a single bag so they doubled up..looks like it will last for a couple of days.
Looks like it will be @80 when my pals arrive from Boston on Friday..my prediction...more east coast defectors
177561_10151857973545012_1151076236_o.jpg

May 6, 2014
Visit site
46°F Feels Like 39°
Partly Cloudy
Wind NNE 14 mph gusts to 23 mph

Humidity 23%
About a 30 degree drop from yesterday. Bummer, about par for the course for the midwest of the US during Spring

TRENDING THREADS