• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 43 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And here I was getting all ready to do some yard work, but now it's suddenly very windy, it's trying to sprinkle some rain, and it's only 63F. (Think we're supposed to get some hail tomorrow.)

Oh damn, guess I'll have to procrastinate with the yard work some more and wait till the weather gets better. :D

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Thursday
A mix of clouds and sun. High around 75F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday Night
Partly to mostly cloudy. Low 63F. Winds light and variable.
Friday
Mostly sunny skies. High 76F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night
Clear. Low 63F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday
Sunny skies. High 74F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday Night
Clear skies. Low 64F. Winds light and variable.

021.JPG

Mar 16, 2009
Tricycle Rider said:
krebs303 said:
Abundant sunshine. High 93F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Still in Monrovia. Oh I miss my ocean breezes

index~~element83.jpg
Hi ya, Krebs! How are your tomatoes doing this year?

Mine are still green, but if this sun and heat is good for anything it's for ripening my tomatoes and sunflowers.

(Back to normal summer weather here, btw., about a sunny 85F.)
got a late start on the tomatoes and mine are also still green. Strawberries blackberries are just finishing up. The fig trees are loaded with fruit. Some lemons and limes coming in. The pomergrante tree is flowering. Basil and oregano are fabulous. Jury still out on peach and plum trees.

krebs303 said:
Tricycle Rider said:
krebs303 said:

index~~element83.jpg

Mine are still green, but if this sun and heat is good for anything it's for ripening my tomatoes and sunflowers.

got a late start on the tomatoes and mine are also still green. Strawberries blackberries are just finishing up. The fig trees are loaded with fruit. Some lemons and limes coming in. The pomergrante tree is flowering. Basil and oregano are fabulous. Jury still out on peach and plum trees.
Can we all just come over and pick/eat the fruit for free then?

If you've got more than you know what to do with, that is. :D

Re:

kwikki said:
Pretty much 24 hours of constant heavy rain.

Just as well I'm camping! :D
So, I must ask... are you camping, or "glamping"?

It was only today that I found out that the term "glamping" means glamorous camping, which in no way resembles true camping.

Not that there's anything wrong with glamping, mind, as long as the glampers don't trash up the place and clean up after themselves. (Which true campers should know how to do, also.)

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
What the hell is glamping? Kind of defeats the object of camping, which is to have a totally miserable time but pretend it is great.

(I jest. The last two days have been shockers, but the rest amazing)

Re:

kwikki said:
What the hell is glamping? Kind of defeats the object of camping, which is to have a totally miserable time but pretend it is great.

(I jest. The last two days have been shockers, but the rest amazing)
I have no idea how glampers deal with the obstacles that Mother Nature throws in their way (they probably don't, they probably have someone do it for them), but for the true camper the obstacles are a joy. (Well, most of the time.)

There's nothing like listening to the silence and seeing the sky when you're far, far away from the city lights, just like there is nothing like being able to set your own bonfire and roast some weenies. (Be sure to completely kill that bonfire before you leave, though, I'm exceptionally particular about that!)

Mar 16, 2009
Tricycle Rider said:
krebs303 said:
Tricycle Rider said:
krebs303 said:

index~~element83.jpg

Can we all just come over and pick/eat the fruit for free then?

If you've got more than you know what to do with, that is. :D
you wouldn't be the first from this forum to come visit.

The world of suck that my current weather presents is probably not as high as the world of suck that having to run the 1500m when you're a decathlete is, but nonetheless...

Sunny, over 100F here in Eugene right now. Hopefully everyone has left their dogs and their kids inside their house instead of leaving them in the car!

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
The sky gods were angry last night. A proper thunder and lightening storm, along with plenty of wind. The thunder shook the house at times and the lightening was lighting up my closed eyes as I was trying to sleep. The power went out in the middle of the night but was on, amazingly, before the sun rose. Apparently this is a hangover from the typhoon in Asia. Now it's just pouring rain so situation normal here on the wet coast.

We've had more thunder and lightening storms this year than I ever recall. Normally they're quite rare around here. A new normal I guess.

edit - apparently saturday night (tomorrow) is supposed to be even more special. Yeehaw!

Re:

Starstruck said:
edit - apparently saturday night (tomorrow) is supposed to be even more special. Yeehaw!
Same here, we're supposed to get the tail end of the typhoon tomorrow here in the Willamette Valley. (Already had heavy winds and a bit of a thunderstorm today.)

While I'm certainly in no panic I've got my flashlight ready and have some extra drinking water on hand, hope you and yours will be all right!

(The worst thing I've got planned for tomorrow [besides going to work] is going to the dentist to have a filling replaced, hope the power doesn't go out while she's in the middle of drilling.)

Hi ya, krebby, life still treating you well in Mexico?

Here...

Rain, and lots of it. Which is cool by me seeing as we have been behind in rainfall for a couple of years now... but I do realize it's not so cool for people who live in areas that have a tendency to flood due to heavy rainfall.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re:

RedheadDane said:
BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARRGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

That is a very accurate description of typical Danish November-weather.

Here in Vancouver, it rained 28 out of 31 days in October. It hasn't stopped for November, either.

John Swanson