• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

RedheadDane said:
Snow... complicated and life-affirming riding your bike. :D
On the occasion that we get some snow (or worse - ice!) in my area and I see people riding bicycles I'm thinking they've got either massive balls, or they are stupid. (I'm sure you're the former.:))

There is, of course, that third option - these people have no other means of transportation, in which case I'm fully sympathetic.

Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
RedheadDane said:
Snow... complicated and life-affirming riding your bike. :D
On the occasion that we get some snow (or worse - ice!) in my area and I see people riding bicycles I'm thinking they've got either massive balls, or they are stupid. (I'm sure you're the former.:))

There is, of course, that third option - these people have no other means of transportation, in which case I'm fully sympathetic.

I don't have balls. I'm ball-less.
I'm the third option. I'd been visiting my parents, and since I rode by bike to get there (it hadn't snarted snowing yet at that point) I also needed to ride my bike to get home, since I'll need by bike Sunday.
But hey, Danish people. We ain't gonna let a bit of snow stopping us. :cool:

krebs303 said:
Windy at times with periods of rain. High 59F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 2 to 3 inches of rain expected.
All this rain...

Hope you and yours won't mind if I share this bag of gummy bears with you. (Cause gummy bears make people happy no matter how old we are, right? :))

bears.jpg

Currently rainy and in the mid 50s here during the day, mostly in the low 40s at night. But there is still a chance of frost, so can't go crazy with the planting of foliage just yet. (Certainly not tomato plants, that will have to wait till early May. But I did actually plant some Lily of the Valleys and some poppies, may Mother Nature do her worst in this wacky weather!)

About 67F, overcast, and a bit windy here, they're saying we might get some thunderstorms later today. (Yeah right, I'll believe that when I see it.) Nonetheless, I'm keeping my eye on the Lilly of the Valleys and the poppies I had planted recently, so far there's a whole lot of nothing going on. (Isn't that the whole thrill of gardening, though? Seeing if the things you had planted will actually grow?)

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

My pride and joy is my "Zen" pond, though, saw a couple of big, fat frogs jump into it when I walked by today. I'd like to think it's a female who is the keeper of the house cause she kinda sticks around all year, think she might have found herself a boyfriend. By golly, they might actually have some babies this spring! :D (Couldn't get a picture of them, btw., which is just as well, cause whatever they're doing down there in the water is probably X-rated.)

IMG_0439.jpg

Don't you just love spring? :)

It was about 60F, overcast, windy, and was just starting to sprinkle when I got home from my very first ride in months. (This is gonna hurt so bad tomorrow, seeing as I'm at the Carlos Betancur fitness level.)

Anyhoo, here's some piccys:

Some Canadian geese along the trail - little feckers will hiss and will absolutely not move for you.
IMG_0441.jpg

The Willamette River - I was surprised at how calm the water was, at this time of year the waves usually look very wicked. (Would hate to fall into it, the water is ice cold.)
IMG_0442.jpg

Yours truly - rode my fave bike, the really heavy steel comfort bike. (It's got all the fun toys on it, I even reinstalled a ringer. Not that the geese actually respond to it.)
IMG_0444.jpg

And last, but not least, my area's weather forecast. (At least there's no frost in the forecast.)
IMG_0446.jpg

Rainy, about 42F, a bit windy... less than ideal riding weather. But I wanted to get out there before the weekend crowd hit the trail. (Saw only a couple of other riders, lots of walkers and runners, though. It's mostly a polite crowd first thing in the morning, most of us say hello to each other. So that's cool.)

It was another sad riding endeavor - legs burned so bad you'd think I was climbing Alpe d'Huez! (Actually it was more like 50m at a 2% incline.) But there was no way I was going to get off the bike and walk, no siree! Gotta have some pride left.

Re:

Jagartrott said:
Sunny and 23 °C; 51°N, end of March
#globalwarming
We're hoping the healthy snow pack in the mountains won't melt rapidly by April like last year, otherwise we're in for another drought seeing as we (especially the farmers) heavily rely on mountain snow as a water supply. So here's to the weather staying cold in the Cascades!

Here locally it's currently 43F and overcast, don't feel like going for a bike ride just yet. (Need to down a cup or five of coffee first.)

And on a completely different note seeing as I won't be able to take a pic once I'm on a bike - we've had these wild turkeys roaming the streets since last year. They're kinda majestic and intimidating looking, especially the boys when they puff up their feathers. (Not sure if that means they're pissed off or if they see me as a potential mate, either way it's a bit frightening.)
IMG_0453.jpg