• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Tricycle Rider said:
krebs303 said:
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 64F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
So what you're basically saying, Mr. Fancy Pants Mexico, is that you're currently suffering under these 'extreme' weather conditions?

When do you start planting your tomatoes?

have some "wild" plants already started on there own out by the wall. if we plant where they were last 3 years they block the sun from my pineapple plants and herb garden. and yes extreme weather. some days it barely made it into the 60's and in the low 40's at night. even had to run the heaters during the day a few times.
mostly the weather here is just about perfect. I am a very lucky man to have ended up here

About 52F, windy, and an impromptu thunderstorm in my area. (Dog is hiding under the bed.)

EDIT: Don't ever disturb the Dog Fort!
dog%20fort.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the weather is wilde today, oscar sevilla wilde, n #aphorismz, n jazz

37.8136° S, 144.9631° E

the coordinates for all you meteorologiphiles
melbourne Australia

Re:

blackcat said:
the weather is wilde today, oscar sevilla wilde, n #aphorismz, n jazz

37.8136° S, 144.9631° E

the coordinates for all you meteorologiphiles
melbourne Australia
While I don't mind them at all and think kitty cats are usually cute they are not my area of expertise, so I must ask this very serious question of you -

Do you have a Cat Fort all set up in case the weather gets too bad in your area?

Re:

sir fly said:
c0Jo56a.jpg
116562821858f725e6e3d68054885783_v4_big.jpg

44955935158f72a01dd14c576398280_v4_big.jpeg

Belgrade avoided the snow only because of the heat capacity, I think.
Wow, that looks so purrdy. The last picture, though, not sure the snow is good for the grapes and the future bottles of wine at this time of year. (Admittedly, I know exactly squat about the normal weather patterns in this area, nor do I know how hardy the grapes are. So I'll just shut up about that.)

In this area right now - bah, the usual batshit crazy spring weather. One minutes it's sunny, the next it rains, and back and forth it goes. At least it hasn't been freezing here lately, so there's that.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I miss snow. But not enough to go back to shovel and drop salt on the sidewalk.

Anyhow it is summer time here where I'm at. No sign of spring. About 28 C and 90% humidity.

DBotero said:
Winter is Coming :lol:

etbivs.jpg
Hmmmm, that looks very old world, perhaps Vienna, or some such? (Maybe we could make a game of this... take a pic of the place you live or travel and we guess where it is?)

It looks lovely either way, whatever place this is. :)

(I was actually thinking it might be Iceland because, allegedly, in that country a pretzel sign on a storefront means it's a bakery, and a bakery is supposed to be one of the few places a tourist on a budget can actually afford to eat. But because of the architecture I don't think it's Iceland. )

Tricycle Rider said:
DBotero said:
Winter is Coming :lol:

etbivs.jpg
Hmmmm, that looks very old world, perhaps Vienna, or some such? (Maybe we could make a game of this... take a pic of the place you live or travel and we guess where it is?)

It looks lovely either way, whatever place this is. :)

(I was actually thinking it might be Iceland because, allegedly, in that country a pretzel sign on a storefront means it's a bakery, and a bakery is supposed to be one of the few places a tourist on a budget can actually afford to eat. But because of the architecture I don't think it's Iceland. )

Well,it's not Viena :D I would love to be there,but I just have to be contend with this for now:Brasov,Romania.

Sunny, about 81F (not normal for this area at this time of year)...what's a girl to do in this kind of gorgeous weather?

Oh yeah, I still have to plant those tomatoes and other plants - not keen seeing as those little garden snakes will be out there as well trying to get some of that heat and sun. Ugh. (No matter how benign I hate snakes!)

The summer has arrived in full swing.
At the moment I left for a spin (around 5pm) the values were: 33°C, 997 hPa, 7 kmph WSW wind, 30% humidity, bright sunshine.
Now the values are: 30°C, 998 hPa, 3 kmph N, 35%, mostly cloudy.

And now there are showers and lightning.
We've got everything already the first day.

It's very hot. It's too hot. It's been around 30 degrees celsius, no wind and 50-70% humidity for four days now. In Britain, that is dangerously long. The swans have melted, and 99 flakes are being used as ransom. The ginger population has been severely affected. Sales of Pimms has gone though the roof. I've had to put water in the fridge between meals - I've never had to do that before in the UK. Trains are windowless death traps. O 20 degrees and quick showers, how sorry I am to have complained about you, and how much i miss you now!

Joking aside, it's hotter than I've ever experienced in this country for such a long period.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tropical Storm on its way. Much Storm Surge and rain predicted. But the summer breeze at around 90 degrees F.

Some areas around my way are already underwater in and around the coast line.

Might get interesting.

It's about to get a bit hot around here over the weekend, mid 80s in the summer is normal. Anything over that would be considered a heatwave. (I kinda miss Seattle summers, while it rains there even more than here in Eugene the summers there are generally pleasant.)

IMG_0513.jpg

I shouldn't *** though, I feel for the people in Phoenix and such where it's truly baking hot right about now. (Something like over 110F? UGH!)

TRENDING THREADS