• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Are your mornings at least getting cooler?

Now that we're losing daylight we at least have relatively cooler mornings in my area... have to wear long pants in the morning and then switch into shorts around lunchtime.
Not yet. I was 77 this morning at 6 AM. It's supposed to get down into the low 60s now though due to the cool front moving in.

EDIT: Its 79 at 12:50 PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Let me keep complaining here: its has been so hot when I get home from work that I nearly get heatstroke riding. Yesterday was in the mid 80sand I was loving it. Today was in the low 80...BUT the smoke was so that I couldn't even see the hills around Boise. Finally cooler for rides, but lung burn smoky! F!

• Sad
Let me keep complaining here: its has been so hot when I get home from work that I nearly get heatstroke riding. Yesterday was in the mid 80sand I was loving it. Today was in the low 80...BUT the smoke was so that I couldn't even see the hills around Boise. Finally cooler for rides, but lung burn smoky! F!
Our sky had an eerie, pinkish hue to it yesterday, this morning everything is covered in ash from all the wildfires. The air is extremely bad, I'm surprised you're even riding in this crap. Bad, jmd, bad!

• Sad
Reactions: jmdirt
A most marvelous thing happened the other morning - I actually had to turn the heat on because it was only 49F. Brrrrrrrrrrr! However, the air is still smoky from the wildfires, so we still need a really, really good downpour. Something is supposed to come our way maybe later this week, fingers crossed.

Dramatic shift in San Diego.. Temps near normal, little under..but because of the extreme heat..temperatures 15-20 degrees cooler.. and we had a few days of rain.. Not much noticeable effect on water levels in area reservoirs.
In Ensenada the reservoir near my house is so low, historic low I can ride the motorcycle down to the waters edge and look across a few hundred feet of super shallow water..probably 90% empty.. Never seen anything like this before

• Sad
We still haven't gotten any significant rain, consequently the wildfire east of us is still raging, they haven't been able to contain it. The air is terribly smoky, it's like LA on a smoggy day. The temps have been above normal also, plants that usually blossom only once in the spring are beginning to blossom again. Weirdness all around... even those chili peppers I had planted way too late in the spring are only just now beginning to blossom, if the weather continues like this I may actually get some full-grown chili peppers. Chili peppers in October? I'm so confused!

Same here. We've had two snow storms already this year in the valley which is really hard on the trees that still haven't lost their foliage* due to the warm fall. Similar, but not quite as bad, carnage to the snow storm that we had in May.

*Usually by this time of year my old elm trees have lost 90% of their leaves, but they have lost maybe 25% so far. Maybe this snow will force them off?

Same here. We've had two snow storms already this year in the valley which is really hard on the trees that still haven't lost their foliage* due to the warm fall. Similar, but not quite as bad, carnage to the snow storm that we had in May.

*Usually by this time of year my old elm trees have lost 90% of their leaves, but they have lost maybe 25% so far. Maybe this snow will force them off?
Time to construct a DIY snow blower! :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Ensenada..65,66 cloudless.. still winds..
have a Charlie Brown looking orange tree.. was 2 gallon root ball..planted @2 years ago.. Has multiple oranges.. But one is larger than a grapefruit and looks to be getting bigger.. and as our winter sets in..it's actually started to turn orange in color!!! And we have had abnormal cold rain and cloudy for the last two months.. and our tiny lemon tree has responded to the weather by 50+ pieces of fruit on a less than 6ft circumference tree..it looks like we glued little lemons on each limb

The Polar Vortex has hit Denver with vengeance! Unbelievable....yesterday evening DIA went from 47 degrees to -5 in an hour! I live in a suburb of Denver & my low temp early this morning hit -22 with 6" of snow. It's still only -12 at 12:30 pm. I've lived here all my life & don't remember it ever getting this cold. Lots of hot coffee & tea today - I'm still going to hit the gym tonight for my regularly scheduled Thurs workout. :D

View: https://youtu.be/24VE8xW7wK4

Last edited:
The Polar Vortex has hit Denver with vengeance! Unbelievable....yesterday evening DIA went from 47 degrees to -5 in an hour! I live in a suburb of Denver & my low temp early this morning hit -22 with 6" of snow. It's still only -12 at 12:30 pm. I've lived here all my life & don't remember it ever getting this cold. Lots of hot coffee & tea today - I'm still going to hit the gym tonight for my regularly scheduled Thurs workout. :D

View: https://youtu.be/24VE8xW7wK4
Nothing as dramatic as your weather but we experienced a pretty rapid drop in temps yesterday afternoon where instead of rain we got icy rain, this morning Eugene is covered in ice and will continue to be till the ice melts later today. Definitely glad I don't have to drive (or even walk) anywhere this morning, icy roads and sidewalks are eeek!

Reactions: Nomad

Latest posts