• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Getting ready for 3-4 days of rain.. In middle 50s..(10-12c) saw a guy from Holland riding up Highway 94..he rode from San Francisco and will ride down Baja to La Paz..says he has 3 weeks allocated.. was climbing decent with bike baggage front and rear.. Offered my house in he wants to wait out the rain.. Shared a laugh about $8+ dollar beers in San Diego.. Don't know what the going rate is in the Netherlands right now!! Beer in Baja is less than $2 bucks for domestic and $4-5 for16oz of craft beer

Reactions: jmdirt
Nothing as dramatic as your weather but we experienced a pretty rapid drop in temps yesterday afternoon where instead of rain we got icy rain, this morning Eugene is covered in ice and will continue to be till the ice melts later today. Definitely glad I don't have to drive (or even walk) anywhere this morning, icy roads and sidewalks are eeek!
That Ice-rain was crazy! The entire town was an ice rink!

This winter has been hard for me mentally. Consistently colder, much wetter, and windier. The trails have not been rideable since early November. Now we're a little warmer from the storms moving in from Hawaii, but its bringing even more rain/snow.:weary:
We've been getting the rain/snow mix here lately as well, mostly in the mornings. But it looks like the temps will be going up gradually, so there is hope (spring) on the horizon!

Reactions: jmdirt
Anyone catch the solar eclipse yesterday? It was cloudy and rainy in my area and being I thought we were only close but not in the direct path like a few years ago I just ignored the whole thing and the hype surrounding it. Well, at one point in the morning it got eerily dark, I thought for sure we had a torrential rainstorm moving in. But then a few minutes later it got light again so I thought that must have been the eclipse... I checked the clock and the news and sure enough it was!

There really is no weather condition I can think of or have experienced that equals a solar eclipse, the best way I can describe it anyway is an eery and quiet darkness. It's pretty sci-fi.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHAD0W93
GARwevlXkAAGGNC

Xavi Ruiz @xruiztru

Europe hasn't seen a snow cover like this since 2010—60% is blanketed in white!

5:55 pm · 1 Dec 2023