Your local weather

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sydney: Summer officially ends with on Monday and it’s been cool and wet, not many hot days. I believe this is due to the current La Niña cycle.
Still raining here so in about 40 minutes I'll be back on the indoor trainer staring at my garage wall. :(.

More floods expected in the next 24-48 hours. This continues the trend after a cool and wet summer here. My neighbors across the street are from England they say it felt like they were back home :astonished:

In Sydney we had water restrictions on December 1st, today all the major dams are at 100% capacity and overflowing.

So all you folk complaining about drought on the west coast of USA, we see the opposite on the western side of the Pacific. Its called La Niña.

Sydney in Summer 2022 (bom.gov.au)

Crazy Denver weather! A summer like 88 on Thurs (4 off the record) to a high of 42 on Fri. Below freezing lows over the weekend with a major snowstorm hitting the front range (up to 8 inches in the metro - heavy snow in the Northern Mts).

I've lived here all my life & don't recall it ever getting this cold or snowy this late in May. Indoor riding this weekend. :confused_old:

View: https://youtu.be/4BCF_5Rl4Mk

Last edited:
Summer has arrived in Eugene - last week it was still raining and in the high 60s, yesterday it was sunny and about 90F and there is no rain in the forecast. It was so nice (and economical) not having to set the sprinklers for a while but I can't put it off any longer, it's hard to judge just how hot and long this summer will be. Last year's 100F+ temps I'm sure everyone in this area can do without.

Reactions: jmdirt
Summer has arrived in Eugene - last week it was still raining and in the high 60s, yesterday it was sunny and about 90F and there is no rain in the forecast. It was so nice (and economical) not having to set the sprinklers for a while but I can't put it off any longer, it's hard to judge just how hot and long this summer will be. Last year's 100F+ temps I'm sure everyone in this area can do without.
Same here in Boise...

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
Same here in Boise...
Do you have a plan about what you're gonna do if you need a/c? I think you had some kind of issues last year because of the heat...

I'm currently taking a break from setting the sprinklers, am finding one problem after another. (So far I've managed to stab myself with a screwdriver only once, very bad language is being used.) I want the rain and cooler weather back already! :mad:

Reactions: jmdirt
Do you have a plan about what you're gonna do if you need a/c? I think you had some kind of issues last year because of the heat...

I'm currently taking a break from setting the sprinklers, am finding one problem after another. (So far I've managed to stab myself with a screwdriver only once, very bad language is being used.) I want the rain and cooler weather back already! :mad:
Our HVAC issue is that when its 90+ day after day with no night cooling the system can't get the 2nd floor southern exposure cool. I was going to get a portable unit for that part of the house...still might.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider

ASK THE COMMUNITY