• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
The song is called White Christmas, not Wet Christmas.

As for crazy; I can tell you quite honestly that I am not at all crazy.
For me, 'to want' winter is one main symptoms of craziness :p:D

edit: winter - bad,cold,icy,snowy weather

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
IMG_0739.JPG

9am and no rain yet

Steady light rain this morning. Showers continuing this afternoon. High around 60F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Jagartrott said:
I'll be the warmest year ever recorded in The Netherlands, in Belgium, in Switzerland and probably some other European countries. And lots of crazy weather as well this year: extremely wet periods in the Alps and the south of France, hail as big as tennis balls in Belgium, very warm periods in autumn, etc.

And all this after last year Europe had like the longest winter since the mini ice age

Wish I could go for a ride (or, at least, perform some maintenance on my bikes [which I have to do outside on the deck]), but being we're having a bit of a cold spell in my area at the moment (19 degrees F at nighttime), I am stuck inside doing some maintenance on my tool box. I'm organizing my nuts and bolts... it's the only way I know how to get dirty and greasy, which I apparently seem enjoy.

Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts- is there a song for that?

Tricycle Rider said:
Wish I could go for a ride (or, at least, perform some maintenance on my bikes [which I have to do outside on the deck]), but being we're having a bit of a cold spell in my area at the moment (19 degrees F at nighttime), I am stuck inside doing some maintenance on my tool box. I'm organizing my nuts and bolts... it's the only way I know how to get dirty and greasy, which I apparently seem enjoy.

Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts- is there a song for that?
How about 'One Piece At A Time' by the late J.R. Cash?

He smuggled nuts and bolts and all 4 shocks
out of the GM factory in his big lunch box. :)

Some insane weather again today. Phone said there were highs of 16 in parts of London today. 14 in my burbs. It was crazy enough in mid December but now as we move deeper into winter and only a few weeks away from winters peak temperatures to have only a few degrees short of June average high, and higher night time temperatures than July average is just crazy.

Gonna be colder now, but hope this holds up through march, April and we could have an amazing year weather wise.

January can be very tricky in my parts of western Oregon - suddenly it gets warm, and we actually see some sun.

So the first thing you think of is just grabbing your bike, and let her out for a twirl. (Which, of course, I did earlier today.)

I loved every minute of it, and I can't wait till we get more "better" weather soon!

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Heavy Flow

My birthday came and went with a bang.2 and a half feet of snow and wind that challenged the windows and shingles on the roof.Suffolk Cnty had a travel restriction until 9am this morning.
It wasn't the storm of the century but I can see why you would plan for it.
The day after a blizzard is cool and quiet. Nobody driving or working just family time.
Sorry to all my pub mates that I questioned..I thought big money on a snow blower was a waste..I was wrong.
more on Thursday..and Friday..snow is not cool

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Here in Sunny England, at around 8.30am, it was a balmy -1C, a dusting of snow sits on the fields around me. With all those marvelously renewable wind-subsidy farms whirling away, producing a fantastic 7.5% of the UK's electricity requirements.
So I'm well-sulky about these photos of sunny, warm beaches that you sods keep posting!:p

TRENDING THREADS