• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your occupation

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Siriuscat said:
Meteorologist

That's way :cool: . I studied physics in my last couple of years of high school because I wanted to be one, but turned out to be an epic failure at it.

These days I'm in PR/communications for an Aus government agency, about to be abandoned en masse by team mates thanks to budget cuts. :(

A

Anonymous

Didn't catch it the first time around

RedheadDane said:
I'm gonna start at ASB (�rhus School of Business) at the English and Communication line in September! XD

(Assuming of course I pass my summer-school German B-level course...)

Aarhus! Of course. I spent a few enjoyable days there back around 1972 visiting some of my wife's relatives. Is that the town with the storkes, or is that Randers? We had eels with akavit and beer. Good memories

Since I last posted in here its been all change, not once but now twice. In April I left my job with Lloyds Banking Group to move to a company called Bibby Financial Services which provides companies with cashflow from invoices they have, and I do the chasing of payments for these invoices. To cut a long story short, I did not like the job with Lloyds as the management were a bunch of idiots.

However, I am now leaving Bibby to work for what could almost be classed as the dream job for me combining both a love for finance and a passion for cycling. I am looking forward to starting next month already and well excited about finally finding a new job I want to do, rather than one to just pay the bills.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
What are Storkes? and I'm (currently) a Medecin student at KULeuven

Stork-(6).jpg

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, my first thesis handed in. So now just waiting on the grade and start looking for a part-time job perhaps (while writing another one) So I guess, I am now officially unemployed?

Does anyone here have a job for me? :p

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Yes, my first thesis handed in. So now just waiting on the grade and start looking for a part-time job perhaps (while writing another one) So I guess, I am now officially unemployed?

Does anyone here have a job for me? :p

No job on offer from me (and besides, it'd be a helluva commute), but a big congrats on completing your thesis.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you now writing another?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Spare Tyre said:
No job on offer from me (and besides, it'd be a helluva commute), but a big congrats on completing your thesis.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you now writing another?

Trying to get another degree. But not really feeling like writing anything ;)

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Def think I'm one of the youngest members on here at 22 years old I'm currently a student studing Criminal Justice and trying to minor or Sports Medicine.but I also work as a Loss Prevention Officer for Kohl's Department store. Pretty fun not going to lie.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
xFrankyBx said:
Def think I'm one of the youngest members on here at 22 years old I'm currently a student studing Criminal Justice and trying to minor or Sports Medicine.but I also work as a Loss Prevention Officer for Kohl's Department store. Pretty fun not going to lie.

Only a little younger than me, I'm only 23 :p

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Only a little younger than me, I'm only 23 :p

Jesus H. Christ! (sorry for the profanity) I always thought you were a lot older then me, as you can see by the last part of my username, I'm now 25 years old.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Jesus H. Christ! (sorry for the profanity) I always thought you were a lot older then me, as you can see by the last part of my username, I'm now 25 years old.

What gave you that impression? Do I really come over as such an old fart ;)

brewerjeff said:
Haul bags of malt upstairs, brew the beer, clean the brewery, pour the beer, wash the glases. When beer runs low, repeat.
Ride my bike every day, rain or shine, snow or ice. Not too bad.

Sounds like fun. Software engineer. My office mate has a brewery as a second hobby. He has other guys run it and do all the brewing. But he helps out with some deliveries, taste testing and so on. I am going to envy him when he retires from his day job, which is not too far off.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
What gave you that impression? Do I really come over as such an old fart ;)

That you had just done your thesis. I would of said you were a couple of years older then me. Then again, if 7 day growth on my face, people think I'm a lot older.

craig1985 said:

How can we see that? (well... because you told us) You could be born sometime in September, or later... :p

But anyway; you're still old - except Franky - everyone 23 or older are old...

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
And just what's wrong with being an old fart??????

Now you are in trouble......

Susan

But Susan a beautiful woman like you will never age

:cool:

@ Craig, well I started university 5 years ago, should've finished already last year. That's just the way out system works, you can start university at your 18th generally

TRENDING THREADS