• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your username and avatar

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Since they are basically the only means we have to recognize one another, I'm just curious how you selected them, or do they mean anything at all?

Mine is derived from a comment I heard whilst mountain biking. I hit the base of a climb, shifted, and shot up the short but steep ascent rather quickly. Apparently, it impressed somebody I was riding with because he said, "Dude, you have an immaculate cadence." I laughed and told him, he caught me on a good day. Any other day and I'm pedaling squares, but that name was taken :rolleyes:. As for the misspelling, the letter K is a reference to my initial.

The avatar I just stumbled upon while cruising the internet. I though it appropriate because it shows my love for Italian art (really all things Italian), and cycling.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Well Craig is my name and the year that I was born. And if you don't know why the guy is in my avatar then you should give up on cycling.

A

Anonymous

Dim, my initials..

When the internet starting out someone beat me to dim.co.uk and dim.com so i ended up with dimspace, and now i just use it for everything..

"The light at the end of the tunnel is dim" is a double thingy wotsit..

The avatar obviously is a light bulb, not an alien, or a flower or anything else.. that being the dim light bulb..

fair few people call me it, mostly people involved with music over here where i do the odd bit of gig promoting etc, most muso's refer to me as dim, and some old freinds.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Carbon 50 nanotube structure Fullerene for Buckminster Fuller and C-50 which is 1 of my bikes. Master in my name was the Master Olympic I sold recently.

Who wants to know?
Actually it's just a pen-name I've used off and and since my first "poison pen" letter to the editor of my high school newspaper 40 years ago. So you see there is really a lot of tradition involved, I didn't just choose it to be an ass. Although it was a toss-up between it and Jack Miehoff.:D

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
"Barracuda" because I want/need/would love to own/etc a 1970 Plymouth Cuda. Refer "RIDES" DVD and Joe Rogan's "SICKFISH". Love the look, sound and stance of the big HEMI.:eek: Albeit not thick on the ground here in OZ.

And the Avatar is a 70's party we went too. Dig those shades.:cool:

Nothing more interesting than that Im sorry.:rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Who wants to know?
Actually it's just a pen-name I've used off and and since my first "poison pen" letter to the editor of my high school newspaper 40 years ago. So you see there is really a lot of tradition involved, I didn't just choose it to be an ass. Although it was a toss-up between it and Jack Miehoff.:D

I am glad it wasn't **** Swett...

Barracuda said:
"Barracuda" because I want/need/would love to own/etc a 1970 Plymouth Cuda. Refer "RIDES" DVD and Joe Rogan's "SICKFISH". Love the look, sound and stance of the big HEMI.:eek: Albeit not thick on the ground here in OZ.

And the Avatar is a 70's party we went too. Dig those shades.:cool:

Nothing more interesting than that Im sorry.:rolleyes:

Were you even born yet by 1970?

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Oh, just curious, doesn't matter, you just seemed to have something going for the 70's. I was there and I don't remember a thing.:D

Nah...just that particular car for some unknown reason .... like the way the massive hemi contradicts what I love doing i.e. cycling. One could someday save the planet while the other is surely creating a massive hole in the ozone layer.

Given you cant remember the era, do you know the car Im talking about?:cool:

Barracuda said:
Nah...just that particular car for some unknown reason .... like the way the massive hemi contradicts what I love doing i.e. cycling. One could someday save the planet while the other is surely creating a massive hole in the ozone layer.

Given you cant remember the era, do you know the car Im talking about?:cool:

2mwt16o.jpg
2vagymx.jpg

One is in Palm Springs CA the other in Mentor Ohio they want $65000 USD for one and $129000 USD for the other. I'm not sure but I think today that is about $300 AUS.:rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Elapid = latin family name for venomous snakes.

My Dad and I used to catch snakes, as well as other reptiles, when I was a kid on holidays.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
:D Absolutely ... given the state of the US economy I would gladly handover AUD$300- for one..... They look relatively unmolested, the one I am talking about certainly is not. If I could get my picture thingy working Id attach a photo.

Sadly Im not that skilled.

Joe Rogans car looks like a new "Retro" car. Something the factory would make now to recreate the past. AHHHHHHHH dream on.

Still .... back on the bike I guess.:p

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:

My Dad and I used to catch snakes, as well as other reptiles, when I was a kid on holidays.

Ah, happy days...... catching snakes on holidays. Were I come from, the Brown snake is one to be avoided, definately not one to hold in the arms for that holiday happy snap.:eek:

May 6, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:

Do you catch and wrestle crocodiles as well? There are some pesky spiders as well...

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Badboyberty is me including my name (Bert if you couldn't work it out) into a reference for one of the stranger films to come out of Adelaide, "Bad Boy Bubby".

My current avatar shows my riding style, previously I had BikeSnob's "Suitcase of Courage" as a homage to Mr Phil Liggetism.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Username "Laziali" = fans of Rome's second football team, Lazio. Also know as L'Aquila (the eagles), biancoceleste (the white and sky-blues). Last won lo scudetto in 99-00 and have some Coppa Italia trophies since then. We have fallen off the pace this season under Davide Ballardini and looking like we may get relegated for the first time in decades. But, such is the lot the the tifose ;)

Avatar is a photo of that plucky little climber, Claudio Chiappucci on way to his epic win at Sestrierre in the '92 Tour - IMO the best day of Tour racing since I started watching in '87.

TRENDING THREADS