• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

¡Adiós!

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
chiocciolis_calves said:
LiquidCrystalDynamic said:
Pozzato hangs up the bike.

https://www.wielerkrant.be/nl/nieuws/lees/2018-12-18/afscheid-van-een-van-de-meest-flamboyante-renners-van-het-peloton-pippo-hangt-zijn-fiets-aan-de-haak

He will be missed, if not on the results pages then on the roadside and in the hearts of fans.
As noted many times, he looked like a million bucks pedaling a bicycle.
You're absolutely right. Purely based on style, Pozzato was my favourite along with Andreas Klöden and Frank Vandenbroucke. Not that many super stylish guys left. Valverde looks good, but not as smooth as the aforementioned. Luis Leon Sanchez and Bob Jungels aren't too bad either.

Nov 1, 2015
Squire said:
chiocciolis_calves said:

https://www.wielerkrant.be/nl/nieuws/lees/2018-12-18/afscheid-van-een-van-de-meest-flamboyante-renners-van-het-peloton-pippo-hangt-zijn-fiets-aan-de-haak

He will be missed, if not on the results pages then on the roadside and in the hearts of fans.
You're absolutely right. Purely based on style, Pozzato was my favourite along with Andreas Klöden and Frank Vandenbroucke. Not that many super stylish guys left. Valverde looks good, but not as smooth as the aforementioned. Luis Leon Sanchez and Bob Jungels aren't too bad either.
That's why you'd want Nils Pollitt to start winning more. That guy looks so great on his bike.

Squire said:
chiocciolis_calves said:

Alessandro Ballan always looked good, perfect form, especially in the drops.

It's settled! From next year Valverde will be the oldest* rider on the WT.
After Roy Curvers announced his upcoming retirement earlier this year, Lars Bak announced his today. Can't say I'm too surprised; Lars hasn't exactly had a stellar season and - perhaps just as importantly - neither have the guys he was supposed to work for.

*Assuming Rebellin doesn't land himself a new WT contract.

Never say never with Rebellin!
The way he rode at Slovenia he actually might be a useful addition for one last year back at CCC or at UAE, teaching Pogacar. Now that I think of it, Saronni should probably really sign him up as a mentor for the teams countless talents! :D

Re:

RedheadDane said:
Or Gustavo César Veloso, Stijn Devolder, Rubén Plaza, Svein Tuft, Luís Felipe Laverde, Paco Mancebo, Rinaldo Nocentini, Sergio Paulinho, Radoslav Rogina, José Serpa or Óscar Sevilla.

All of whom are still racing on teams at a decent level; the first four are on ProContinental teams even.

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
RedheadDane said:
Or Gustavo César Veloso, Stijn Devolder, Rubén Plaza, Svein Tuft, Luís Felipe Laverde, Paco Mancebo, Rinaldo Nocentini, Sergio Paulinho, Radoslav Rogina, José Serpa or Óscar Sevilla.

All of whom are still racing on teams at a decent level; the first four are on ProContinental teams even.
That 2nd one ain't even so far fetched if Corendon-Circus-Alpecin-Canyon becomes a thing. I don't see them leaving him out.

Slightly old news but I only saw it today

Patrick Müller is retiring because of a long-term leg pain problem. Shame. He's only 23, and he was showing a lot of promise this year despite the issue (won Volta Limburg, 4th in Circuit de la Sarthe)

Bart De Clerq and Kenny Dehaes will be signing in for the last time this season. The former is understandable, but Dehaes was still a 400+ point rider till this season. Has he had an injury?

Slovenian from team Katusha, Simon Spilak, is also retiring at age 33. Even though he was in talk with Bahrain Merida he called and end to his pro career.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts