• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Étoile de Bessèges 2023 (February 1-5)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Arnaud de Lie-rious
Clipboard.png

GC
Clipboard.png

Reactions: Sandisfan and BR2
Il faut que je me prépare psychologiquement à souffrir. Je vais le faire à bloc pour me tester, et si je ne perds pas plus de 1'30, je serai content. C’était déjà dur aujourd’hui, mais demain ça va être encore plus dur. Ça ne me dérangerait pas que ce soit très dur directement. Car plus c'est dur, plus c'est à la résistance. Et quand on me parle de résistance... j'aime bien (sourire)!

De Lie is going all in tomorrow to ''defend'' the jersey.

He's done some crazy stuff for his weight before. As a junior he was going toe to toe with Romain Gregoire on La Redoute, twice. But those days are long gone, he's even heavier than he was back then. Mont Bouquet is also twice as long as La Redoute. He'll have no chance, but his mentally can only be applauded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS